Liberalism Kills

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

when did i say i was a liberal lol wut

i dont even know what tihs guys politics are

but her'es my favorite talk talk song and on eof my favorite songs ever

thats also a great song
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i just saw on itunes that there is a new tribute album out to talk talk.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
good times. i'm redownloading my japanese music after losing it in the transfer to a new computer.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

get puffy amiyumi's discography while you're at it

i can't find it on an active torrent

[account deactivated]
:coal:
[account deactivated]
lol they do an ELO cover

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Reminder that literally its 2012, and people still, hth
[account deactivated]

Keven posted:

Unironically fuck this gay earth... Cripes

Keven posted:

idk if it needs to be said, but, i cant stand this puritan continuum of happiness v social obligation. the momentary pleasures of getting a luxury are very different from life satisfaction and general demeanor and positive social interactions, and thats why when people preach against materialist "happiness" they sound vacant and boring, because everyone lives and knows the struggle between short and long term pleasure. i recall a survey of older people near death, asking what they regretted from their lives, and many talked about wishing they'd been happier, and that they'd let themselves be happier. in fact its becoming apparent that, when ones circumstances and mental health are such that happiness is possible, happiness is a choice, independent of ideology, depressing knowledges, sense of mortality, anything. Its ok to say, Hey, mind that you work for social justice, love the poor, dont indulge in bad shit like cash crops or race hate. But dont pretend like we have to be all solemn about it. In fact. It makes more sense to say, "Do this things.. youll be happy" This is in response to the OP, for some reason.
It is great joy to labour for communism! OP! All working people of the world, unite! *collectivizes* im havin a laff *pours over national economy plans*
Life is mostly unendingly tedious and there are in reality very few times and places in your life where you'll probably be truly happy. But the idea that as a true leftist there should be some sort of guilt-feeling omnipresent in your daily life demanding that you should never be too unhappy or happy is neurotic. Whether to say the goal of life should be happiness, in the sense of personal gratification, is a false ideological question more so than it is a true reflection of the qualities of a happy life, or to quote Nietzsche: "Only the Englishman is ghey."
lolling at every depresso broken weirdo who upvoted the op lol

Maoist_Third_World_Sex_Tourist posted:

lolling at every depresso broken weirdo who upvoted the op lol

same

put maggotmaster in charge- he may ban me, but he will rid this forum of baby huey p newton and the guy with the pug avatar
the concept of happiness was originally my idea but i can't say that i dont regret my invention
Seriously how much of a broken fuck up friendless and unlikeable weirdo do you have to be to assume the concept of happiness was manufactured by evil mammonite capitalists to keep you, the middle class white man, in check with such shallow pursuits as "friendship", and "fulfilling relationships". Does the OP like think Communist Utopia is this gray formless wasteland where everyone chooses LOGIC and spends all day beeping and booping at the factory. I've met a fucking ton of depressos but holy shit op you are way beyond that.
double post
im pretty sure the op is just a lazy troll
In a forum where baby huey p newton and goatstein post freely, anything is possible.
they do not post freely, they post under the watchful eyes of god

Maoist_Third_World_Sex_Tourist posted:

Seriously how much of a broken fuck up friendless and unlikeable weirdo do you have to be to assume the concept of happiness was manufactured by evil mammonite capitalists to keep you, the middle class white man, in check with such shallow pursuits as "friendship", and "fulfilling relationships". Does the OP like think Communist Utopia is this gray formless wasteland where everyone chooses LOGIC and spends all day beeping and booping at the factory. I've met a fucking ton of depressos but holy shit op you are way beyond that.

how about you don't insult our broken post factory and i won't come to your work and tell you how to master maggots

As I was walking to the train I took a walk through the park and some little kid ran up and asked me to get their ball out of a tree so I threw a couple rocks at it and it fell down and they all cheered and said "thanks mister!" and went back to playing and it looked like they were having fun, and I felt happy for a minute. Then, I realized I was an asshole and there were little cunts and I said to them, "you have no idea what really makes you happy; happiness as it is presently understood is a construction of capitalism. you have been taught to want so many different, terrible things that you don't know what you really want. therefore, any desires you feel--for objects, for sexual gratification, for a 'more satisfying' job--can be safely ignored. personal happiness is not important."
[account deactivated]