http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/09/15054517-cia-director-david-petraeus-resigns-cites-extramarital-affair?lite

[account deactivated]
General Petraeus...or General Betray Us? *entire nation literally goes insane*
the veneration of petraeus was neat because it was the perfect confluence of standardized military worship with boilerplate breathless pieces about the wisdom and competence of high elected officials
A rep from Utah is already blowing the conspiracy dog whistle on this. Politic's, ftw.
Jimmy's Bar, Arlington, VA, 2:10 am

heh...yeah....you like the uniform toots? pretty neat, how about these stars.....yeah you can touch 'em.....did i tell you they call me the Predator Drone?
David Petraeus?

More like . . .

David "Betray Us" . . . just a little political humor . . .

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Jimmy's Bar, Arlington, VA, 2:10 am

heh...yeah....you like the uniform toots? pretty neat, how about these stars.....yeah you can touch 'em.....did i tell you they call me the Predator Drone?

haha it was like this but in Afghanistan:

►►How did Petraeus’ affair come to light? CIA Director David Petraeus resigned after a probe into whether someone else was using his email. The probe eventually led to the discovery that he was having an extramarital affair, according to The Wall Street Journal, which cites “several people briefed on the matter”. An FBI inquiry into the use of Petraeus’s Gmail account led agents to believe the woman or someone close to her had sought access to his email. An extramarital affair has significant implications for an official in a highly sensitive post, such as that held by Petraeus, because it can open an official to blackmail.

►►Who did Petraeus have an affair with? The woman with whom General David Petraeus was having an affair is Paula Broadwell, a West Point graduate and the author of a recent hagiographic book about him, entitled All In: The Education of General David Petraeus, co-written with Vernon Loeb. Slate‘s Fred Kaplan reports that “it had long been rumored that something was going on between Petraeus and Broadwell. When she was embedded with him in Afghanistan, they went on frequent 5-mile runs together. But Petraeus went on 5-mile runs with many reporters, and few people who knew him took the rumors seriously”.

http://intelnews.org/2012/11/10/01-1129

All In: The Education of General David Petraeus
Paula Broadwell. General Betrayus. First As Austin Powers, Then As Farce

Nuff Said.
INT. DIMLY LIT BAR - NIGHT

Disgraced Gen. David Partaeus orders a secondary strike of bourbon, eliminates first responders of the human soul.
"By any measure, through his lifetime of service, genHERanal Penetratus has made our country safer and stronger," Obama said of the four-star general, who led American forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said it was GendeRole BetrayedUs 's "genius" that was responsible "for the success of the surge in Iraq."

"Germaphile Doodoo PeeFaceUs will stand in the ranks of America's greatest military heroes," McCain said in a statement.
I love us intel orgs in the 21st century they're so shitty and gormless

what should the director of the CIA use for email? I dunno, do you already have a gmail account Dave

and then he reports it to them when someone logs into his gmail from somewhere else even though it's filled with shit from his mistress? which means he used gmail for actual work apparently? like what the fucking fuck.

I worked for a company in Seattle a bit that did some work for the FBI and NSA and they were just as stupid. what a gong show

drwhat posted:

I love us intel orgs in the 21st century they're so shitty and gormless

what should the director of the CIA use for email? I dunno, do you already have a gmail account Dave

and then he reports it to them when someone logs into his gmail from somewhere else even though it's filled with shit from his mistress? which means he used gmail for actual work apparently? like what the fucking fuck.

I worked for a company in Seattle a bit that did some work for the FBI and NSA and they were just as stupid. what a gong show

i dont think u understand how deeply entwined google is with the us surveillance apparatus

everyone with a gmail account is essentially a CIA sleeper agent
[account deactivated]

everyone with a rHizzonE account is essentially a CIA sleeper agent

donny who is that broad in ur av?

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

donny who is that broad in ur av?

a model named imogen morris clarke

remember when petraeus got credit for the iraqi sunnis turning against al-qaeda?

you have no idea what you're talking about

remember when petraeus turned the iraqi sunnis against al qaeda?

drwhat posted:

go back to sleep little sheeple,....baaa.....BAAA

“Petraeus was expected to testify at a congressional hearing about the terrorist attack at the US consultate in Benghazi that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens. He will no longer do so.

This is why he was forced to resign btw

so vilerat got petraeus ousted

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

remember when petraeus turned the iraqi sunnis against al qaeda?

drwhat posted:

Are you prepared to enter into formal Debate about how you want to kiss google on the lips and marry it.

iwc is just implying some sort of complex interrelationship where there would be no reason to have one. us intel monitoring of the internet happens at internet exchanges and other major connection points with closed equipment that obviates the need for something as facile as "gmails == cia"

the main problem they have had and continue to have is the signal:noise problem. the internet is an open radio channel that everyone on the planet is talking on at once. of course they can see all traffic, more or less -- and they aren't the only organization who can, obviously -- but the key is understanding what to do with it. there is often very little one can do with it. like, sure, we're all on lists, but the lists are impossibly long, and resources are constantly diverted to current operational concerns rather than general fucking around on the internet. there is functionally nothing to worry about.
what the fuck does gormless mean

okay i looked it up

but who says words like gormless
nice vocabulary retart

stegosaurus posted:

A rep from Utah is already blowing the conspiracy dog

catchphrase

Blow, the conspiracy dog, taking the wind out of the lies told to you sheeple.
Blow, the conspiracy dog, taking the wind out of the lies told to you sheeple.

shermanstick posted:

what the fuck does gormless mean

okay i looked it up

but who says words like gormless

I use it, sentences like:

"Swedes look really gormless with a fucking hat on."

drwhat posted:

iwc is just implying some sort of complex interrelationship where there would be no reason to have one. us intel monitoring of the internet happens at internet exchanges and other major connection points with closed equipment that obviates the need for something as facile as "gmails == cia"

the main problem they have had and continue to have is the signal:noise problem. the internet is an open radio channel that everyone on the planet is talking on at once. of course they can see all traffic, more or less -- and they aren't the only organization who can, obviously -- but the key is understanding what to do with it. there is often very little one can do with it. like, sure, we're all on lists, but the lists are impossibly long, and resources are constantly diverted to current operational concerns rather than general fucking around on the internet. there is functionally nothing to worry about.

well gee, what company desperately wants to figure out all our power words in order to sell to us more effectively

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

drwhat posted:

well gee, what company desperately wants to figure out all our power words in order to sell to us more effectively

the fawning autobiography written by the lady whom he banged is called "All In" lmao
lmao take a look at his wife and you'll know why he cheated.
There is no way to be physically attracted to that woman in any way.