howd you get into ballroom dancing
i love the idea of a room full of mormon lads n ladies gingerly touching each other by the waist and blushing while one guy does a bunch of pelvic gyrations and hums the internationale
google lee harvey oswald
i started with the east coast (the style, not the geographic location) swing scene because i dated some lady briefly who wanted to czech it out. i stuck with it, she didnt. then a different ex of mine whom i still hang out with got me into latin dance. and once you do both of those its easy to find yourself at ballroom events because ballroom people do both those styles and more

i was really really depressed when i started dancing and since then (7 months now) ive really started to feel a lot better and i stopped taking medicine because of the side-effects and i feel better than i did with it. i go dancing like 4-6 nights a week but its what keeps me sane for the moment. im going back to school again in a couple weeks and prob wont be able to keep up that pace so we'll see what happens then...

Edited by angelbutt_dollface ()

deadken posted:

i love the idea of a room full of mormon lads n ladies gingerly touching each other by the waist and blushing while one guy does a bunch of pelvic gyrations and hums the internationale

this is essentially what happens but with dipping

also the mormon women are pretty adventurous/outgoing and you cant tell the difference between them and the non-mormons really, even in the latin setting. evangelical women actually strike me as stodgier on average in this scene/age group.

the mormon men tho... hoo-boy the men stick out like a sore thumb. on top of being generally awkward and weird, they really stick closely to themselves and pretty much only ever ask mormon women to dance

Edited by angelbutt_dollface ()

i don't think going ballroom dancing 5-6 nights a week counts as sane but w/e, enjoy your symptom
dancin is lame unless drunk and blasted out of u mind
there was a mormon kid in my school whose parents were like in the arms industry or w/e & had to move to the uk for work.... at first he wouldnt smell the coffee-scented vial thing in a biology lesson on the Senses because of mormonism. this is of course the first time any of us had heard of his religion. in like a year he was drinking and smoking, he's probably going to hell now
how do u go to hell
by drinking tea or coffee and smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol and taking drugs and fornicating and not believing in mormonism and so on
does that apply to everyone or just mormons
i dunno man probably everyone
the weird thing is mormons dont really have hell. you just go to a less cool heaven if you're not mormon or you're a bad mormon.

if you're REALLY bad like you're judas iscariot or hitler or you write a really bad book about rape or something they send you to "Outer Darkness" but that's more like oblivion than a hell where you get tortured forever
im hitler
i took some latin dance lessons at a studio nestled amongst factories in west town and it was fun

Impper posted:

dancin is lame unless drunk and blasted out of u mind

this is true if you dont know how to dance

i dance like a man getting sprayed with a fire hose and it's fun as heck
keep on keepin on, then
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
moving your body in a rhythmic manner is just good aesthetics
[account deactivated]

animedad posted:

moving your body in a rhythmic manner is just good aesthetics

chicago

[account deactivated]
tpaine do u like pere ubu
[account deactivated]
theyre really good imo
[account deactivated]
Do any of u guys like SICK fuckin dubstep
can we go back to talking about dancing plz
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

haha ha when the lightning bolt effect is added i will never not laugh

lmao where do you find this shit? what's ur secret?

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
tpaine is a part time youtube content monitor