discipline posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

or a book i guess, your life is more interesting than mine.......i'm an only child and live in australia for christs sake

another memoir from a white twenty something female wow great *gags into a trash can*

youre just leaving money on the table if you think like this, imo

getfiscal posted:

note that it was an anglophone radio program so it's intent was probably to make fun of french people (for wanting to speak french in a french-speaking nation) in a liberal "let's take some of the steam out of this issue folks and laugh at ourselves" way. accordingly english canadians are taking the story's spread as a matter of "those crazy francophones probably would try something like this"

yeah satire and irony are liberal evils that slowly destroy nations and goodwill towards men what else is new

discipline posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

or a book i guess, your life is more interesting than mine.......i'm an only child and live in australia for christs sake

another memoir from a white twenty something female wow great *gags into a trash can*

fuck a memoir. you're into genre fict and the leftist genre fiction market is almost totally unexploited

discipline posted:

my brother can't focus on anything but smoking pot and playing video games with his friends and surfing. he can't post because that would involve sitting in front of something and typing for 30 seconds and not hearing screams or gunshots from his video game. he also never reads books or knows anything about the world outside of his cocoon of defeat

i wish i had the courage to live like that

although, i hear admitting you like bright eyes takes a lot of courage, strength. in that case, im fucking herucles. conor oberst fan #1 right hrere
time to prove that last post wasn't just "irony"

right here y'all:
one of my friends was in one of conor oberst's side project bands and we were all hanging out at a party after a show and conor was hooking up with underage girls. dude is a pedo rapist

discipline posted:

my life is in crisis but has been for many years. it seems really neat to go live in the middle east and see a lot of cool stuff and then go to grad school in london and get good marks, but at the other end of the chute I'm 27 and I have no steady job or even clear cut marketable skills and I have about 50k worth of student loan debt, which is pretty good for both undergrad and grad school but still. and then I always wanted to be a researcher/writer or a teacher (preferably both) but I understand that these professions are generally tied up with privilege. everyone I work with went to an ivy league school or oxbridge. there is a girl there who is 3 years younger than me with a really high class accent and who makes a lot of money doing a job I could do very easily. my supervisors in grad school came from a wealthy family and could afford to be 40 something and have nothing because they help out. I live in a basement and when I was working full time I saved all that excess income so I have like 4 months rent stacked away but still. I feel like for the last five years I've been constantly on the cusp of crisis, like the failing outcome of every battle is that I am homeless or moving back in with my parents. at the same time I'm getting older and I haven't really put down anything for my personal life in a significant way. I'm starting to have that bigoted cis-scum desire to procreate. my best friends live in DC and sweden and my social circle basically exists in dribs and drabs across three continents. and then there's you, LF, my most darling companion through all these hard years.

on one hand I realize that I will probably be fine, but on the other hand I have this deep sense of terror and uncertainty, like I will be jumping from one crumbling ledge to the other well into my 30s until I die from exhaustion or become a failson. I understand that this is not all of my own doing, that there are forces working against me, but I've always found comfort in blaming my own decisions and actions for my shortcomings because that implies my ability to fix them. well now I cook my own healthy food, keep a clean place, walk several miles a day, practice good hygiene, can speak and write well both professionally and in a social setting, save half of what I earn, make friends easily and so on (there is a simple satisfaction in this of course) but everything is still not working out.

I feel like moving to new york feels like a last stand of sorts. I feel like it has to work out here, past some basic level of subsistance, like I have to be able to build a life in one place and improve upon things in a material way not just on the inside. or else. or else I really have no idea what's going on. I'm so tired. it's exhausting. I've been doing this for years and I just need a break. but I'm gonna be having a birthday in a week or so and it'll be on my own (as always) and it'll just be one more year ticked into a column marked "selfish gen y foolishness" or something

what should I do donald? should I go into social media marketing?

$50,000 in debt and not a single contact or someone you can phone up to get you a job.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
one day nonono cat will meet and fall in love with don piano and the end boss of youtube will finally be defeated
[account deactivated]
I've never played any of the final fantasy games. should I start now? I'm 23 btw
nope, not unless you're both gay and a fag

shermanstick posted:

nope, not unless you're both gay and a fag

gay. AND a fag! classic. this guy has all the moves

[account deactivated]
i just won the chocobo race at the golden saucer and now i have a buggy. the world is my oyster
ff6 is the only one i played and its cool and to this day i have an abiding love of opera