bourgeois justice is illegitimate, revolutionary justice happens by accident
i am super against the death penalty and believe that anyone who argues for the murder of captives and prisoners is either a savage or the worst kind of contrarian.
the worst kind of contrarian is the best person

acephalousuniverse posted:

Goethestein posted:

acephalousuniverse posted:

To kill a man in a paroxysm of passion is understandable, but to have him killed by someone else after calm and serious meditation and on the pretext of duty honourably discharged is incomprehensible.

this is meaningless. to imprison a man because you want to rape him is understandable, but to have him imprisoned by someone else after meditation on duty blah blah blah

yeah lots of sentences are meaningless if you replace words in them in a way that makes no sense

it makes perfect sense. you can understand killing in the heat of passion, but not as part of a system. why can you understand imprisonment as part of a system, but not in the heat of passion?

the rationale for the killing in the heat of passion is identical to the killing through the justice system: the person to be killed is worthless and deserves to die. if anything, the passionless calculus of this decision is far more defensible, as surely their crimes were greater and their guilt more certain.

the point is that i'm not against the extra-legal killing of oppressors by the oppressed (i.e. im not a liberal pacifist) but i think state-controlled and rationalized capital punishment doled out by a court system based on fallible evidence is bad

ok so you're cool with random murder but not rationalized killing based on evidence? human life is without inherent value. you admit that when you admit your willingness to take life under certain conditions. most people simply find those acceptable conditions to be different than the ones you do.

littlegreenpills posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

here's a cool image from the branch davidians at waco, tx:

solidarity 4 life

i watched Rules of Engagement recently and was gobsmacked. Waco is one of those things from the hazy memories of my early childhood and i had no idea about the sheer malevolence of the government's actions

if the government hadn't stepped up some kind of a lynch mob would have eventually formed, though. they were offensive to the community

sorry i don't buy this

i mean they may have got hounded out of town but literally any other outcome would have been better than what the government did

Goethestein posted:

every person in waco deserved to die, then and today

how edgy

aerdil posted:

basically i defer to robespierre on this issue

Left that out your service jacket. Yeah, I know you got secrets. Everybody got secrets. Didn't know you liked to get wet, dog.

blurrr this insane hillbilly retard is jesus, a person who really had magical powers in the first place, lets all let him fondle our kids - A Productive Human Being Who Deserves to Live
the crime committed: needlessly utilitarian rationalization that fails to inspire fervor in the heart of communists.

Goethestein posted:

blurrr this insane hillbilly retard is jesus, a person who really had magical powers in the first place, lets all let him fondle our kids - A Productive Human Being Who Deserves to Live

we had to incinerate the children in order to save them

rolleyes

also 40% of the people at Mt Carmel during the siege were black so i'm surprised you're supporting a racist government attack
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

oi.

it's 105 now and is going to be 111 degrees here tomorrow.....i know how those kids at waco felt

[account deactivated]

Impper posted:

it seems like it would be really easy to restrict the internet. idk why they don't just do it. there'll always be the nerds who skirt around the restrictions but the harder you make it the less interested anybody will be in doing it.

I guess I don't care at all about this "issue"

i guess you missed the memo but the 90s are over and it's now uncool to "not care". hang up the jncos, and put on denim overalls--it's time to plant organic tomatos fucker

tpaine posted:

iwc is this you

nope, that guy is definitely a yank. this is me

p. sure gandalf is opposed to it, which should be enough

littlegreenpills posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

solidarity 4 life

i watched Rules of Engagement recently and was gobsmacked. Waco is one of those things from the hazy memories of my early childhood and i had no idea about the sheer malevolence of the government's actions

if the government hadn't stepped up some kind of a lynch mob would have eventually formed, though. they were offensive to the community

sorry i don't buy this

i mean they may have got hounded out of town but literally any other outcome would have been better than what the government did

hounded out of town lol. if we're going to argue about the difference in killing potential between shotguns and pickup trucks versus assault rifles and tanks then I guess I have to concede

littlegreenpills posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

solidarity 4 life

sorry i don't buy this

hounded out of town lol. if we're going to argue about the difference in killing potential between shotguns and pickup trucks versus assault rifles and tanks then I guess I have to concede

you really think the locals from Waco would have gone up there and burnt the compound down and killed dozens of children?

also texans may often be armed but they don't have tanks lying around

littlegreenpills posted:

most of the interviews of people in waco in the couple years leading up to the siege had a more resigned and fatalistic tone regarding the compound. they saw a government intervention as inevitable after they started buying up all the guns locally. prior to that they were largely tolerated though some people were suspicious

littlegreenpills posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

solidarity 4 life

sorry i don't buy this

you're british right? if you're from a quite unquote normal country then it's easy to buy the branch divisions as some kooky crazy threat the the democratic power of government needed to address.

Wussies in social democrat countries get the willies when they hear the word "compound" or "stockpiling" but the federal government was clearly the evil party in that conflict

and subsequently the OKC bombing wasn't the work of "insane terrorists" but rather blowback from government domestic imperialism

littlegreenpills posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

solidarity 4 life

sorry i don't buy this

you're british right?

that's not the cricket team i cheer for m8

also if anything that just showcases the degenerate liberal decadence of fucking Texans in ourmodern age. government oppression is the only thing standing between us and utter pussification, so ra ra ra ATF

littlegreenpills posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

solidarity 4 life

sorry i don't buy this

you're british right?

that's not the cricket team i cheer for m8

who do you cheer for

littlegreenpills posted:

also if anything that just showcases the degenerate liberal decadence of fucking Texans in ourmodern age. government oppression is the only thing standing between us and utter pussification, so ra ra ra ATF

the local cops/citizens weren't really the problem. the problem, as with most things in the 90s, stemmed from the clinton administration

"domestic imperialism" lol

Goethestein posted:

"domestic imperialism" lol

seems like an appropriate term, i'd also apply it to the Israeli government's harassment and destruction of Bedouin encampments in the Negev.

btw when i said "everyone in waco deserved to die, then and today" it was a joke about how everybody in waco deserves to die, not just the branch davidians. waco is the worst part of hillbilly country crossed with the worst part of the 2000s cookie cutter mcmansion stripmall nightmare
much like your posting
iwc how would u have handled a serial pedophile and his congregation holing up in a facility with automatic weapons and killing four police after being served with a legal warrant
smoke em out of their caves with dubstep

Goethestein posted:

iwc how would u have handled a serial pedophile and his congregation holing up in a facility with automatic weapons and killing four police after being served with a legal warrant

i wouldn't have killed all the kids in the compound with tanks and fire

yeah he's australian he wouldve killed em w/ snakes and alligators XD
and you complain about wussy social democrats

aerdil posted:

yeah he's australian he wouldve killed em w/ snakes and alligators XD

crocs, not alligators, alligators are lame and small

who do you cheer for

india generally, their being rubbish of late makes it all the sweeter. next ashes im rooting for you guys as at this rate you'll have the worst test playing team on the planet by 2015

i lived in waco for five years and visited the branch davidian compound

there are still branch davidians living there btw here's a fun fact: that their prophet's name at the time was david koresh and that they were "branch davidians" is coincidental

their group are a small, more extreme off-shoot of 7th-day adventists

step right up and get your waco facts

The_Schliski posted:

i lived in waco for five years and visited the branch davidian compound

there are still branch davidians living there btw here's a fun fact: that their prophet's name at the time was david koresh and that they were "branch davidians" is coincidental

their group are a small, more extreme off-shoot of 7th-day adventists

step right up and get your waco facts

thx

what do the locals think of the whole thing?

the concrete foundation from the large compound building is still there

due to the intense heat of the inferno which consumed the edifice it is cracked and flaked and warped 2 to 3 feet in some places

thx

what do the locals think of the whole thing?

the site of the former compound is about six or seven miles out of town, which in waco terms means the compound might as well have been on the moon for the impression that it had left on any locals with whom i associated.

the only thing i remember being mentioned was one of my instructors confirming something i'd heard, which was that if the initial ATF agents had merely consulted with the local authorities initially - whom the Davidians recognized and with whom they had dealt and by whom they likely would not have felt nearly as threatened - rather than dealing with the investigation without them, that many deaths likely could have been avoided

Edited by The_Schliski ()

Goethestein posted:

i wouldn't have killed all the kids in the compound with tanks and fire

trot