discipline posted:

you're being nasty donald

i don't even a tiny bit mean it in a nasty way, which you know, it just drives me crazy how childish you can be when you have the potential be so happy. i get that you're depressed and self-destructive but i care about you enough not to pretend it's cool that you're struggling and upset all the time.

AmericanNazbro posted:

elemennop posted:

10lb bag of protein powder is 80bucks and will last u a month, milk will run u 5 dollars a week, you can buy a 100 vitamin pills for a couple hamiltons, and then ur set for over a month

is it down to $80 now? where are you getting it from?

optimum nutrition off amazon dropped their prices temporarily to 83.25 like a week ago, i should have stocked up, but i didn't feel like making space for 50lbs of whey. it looks like it's back up to 98, but i think u can set up alerts so if it ever drops down, it'll alert u

Donald sees good things for you in the future

"more likely than not you'll end up in a relatively good income, above-average prestige job within the medium term."

getfiscal posted:

discipline posted:

you're being nasty donald

i don't even a tiny bit mean it in a nasty way, which you know, it just drives me crazy how childish you can be when you have the potential be so happy. i get that you're depressed and self-destructive but i care about you enough not to pretend it's cool that you're struggling and upset all the time.

same could be said for you donald, no?

[account deactivated]
I've made less than like $13K for the past few years and I don't do any of that stupid or gross stuff

Meursault posted:

I've made less than like $13K for the past few years and I don't do any of that stupid or gross stuff

Thats good. Or bad, depnding on how you look it it

basically not having kids makes it pretty reasonable to live on poverty level wages imo

swampman posted:

Meursault posted:

Thats good. Or bad, depnding on how you look it it

Or maybe it was $130K. I don't know, you'd have to talk to my accountant

postposting posted:

In many places it's illegal to shut off heat during the winter months for non-payment (Chicago I know at least is included). If you move frequently and don't have a working cell phone it's very hard for them to track you down after the fact.

yeah and more generally, in most places tenant legal rights are actually way better than you think they are. pretty much everyone here is smart enough to do their own lawyering when it comes to tenant/landlord issues, just look up the statutes, stop by a legal aid place and pick up some brochures, google around to see if you can find online resources for law students/lawyers (e.g., the guy who taught me landlord-tenant law here in MN wrote a whole dang textbook and put it online).

oh whoops didn't notice that we'd moved on to the blame people for their problems part of the thread my bad
you can also get food stamp's and obamaphone!!!
Maybe if you dont want to be "talked down to" you shouldn't explain to a perma unemployed mentally diseased fat guy who hasnt been outside except to marxfest since 1997 how tuff life is when you have to couch crash instead of stay in a hotel on your multi-yearly vacataions lol.
Greatest city in the world folks. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.
You guys act lkie she's wallowing in her misery but just because you assign shame to dumpster diving doesnt mean she does. From another perspective it's fun, free and delicious. I dont know Im not taking sides here, I'm just sayin, from what i've read in this thread it sounds like only fools wouldn't eat out of the trash.

discipline posted:

in that case, thank you for talking down to me

lol fuck off.

awww man marxfest '97...goodtimes
Sorry 4 being rude I don't know you well enuff 2 be rude. But your hurting my good friend and confidant get physical's feelings.

Keven posted:

Maybe if you dont want to be "talked down to" you shouldn't explain to a perma unemployed mentally diseased fat guy who hasnt been outside except to marxfest since 1997 how tuff life is when you have to couch crash instead of stay in a hotel on your multi-yearly vacataions lol.

yeah i agree that taking life advice from a failson is probably a bad idea i just care about her.

i love how this thread has just turned into a safe space to shame discipline
discipline, i still like you, even when you're the first to downvote my neocon trotskyist threads
this thread needs to hug it out
[account deactivated]
1) start a small locally owned organic business

discipline posted:

see this is the thing. I don't really even mind being broke

you opened the thread by talking about how you were miserable, had crippling social and mental disabilities, and are practically unemployable, which i incorrectly took to mean you weren't doing all that great.

radical leftism needs a business model like art patronage I guess. you'll find this months support payment in a dead drop under a trash can in central park (the poor side)

getfiscal posted:

discipline posted:

see this is the thing. I don't really even mind being broke

you opened the thread by talking about how you were miserable, had crippling social and mental disabilities, and are practically unemployable, which i incorrectly took to mean you weren't doing all that great.

yeah, and dumpster diving was the one thing she had going for her!

seriously though when discipline talks about how many jobs she's applied for and how she treks out to her shitty temp job all the time i know she's gonna be ok eventually. she's got a fighting spirit, unlike some of us (me) who can't even be assed to apply for other jobs on account of no reason at all.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
find pothead friends
not a good idea. weed saps you of your ambition
the thread topic is "tips for being poor" not "tips for not being poor"
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

hey guys I'm asking for a tip, how can I get blazed without having $60 to blow at once

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

hey guys I'm asking for a tip, how can I get blazed without having $60 to blow at once

easy. go to your local food store grab a fat stck of sales ads. leave. then fillin rocks or tigs (ur preference), roll, light, & enjoy!

sometimes girls just want you to listen to their problems without trying to fix it all the time. also kino is important
[account deactivated]