[account deactivated]
the charesmatic leader dies and immediately the commietards start tearing each other apart. And I love it!
[account deactivated]
Wait discipline has a bf im out, im fucking out, nice posting with you but im done, see you at badgame dot net, twitter dot com, and the comments section of the onion av club's reviews of glee. I'm out
this thread got reeaaally uncomfortable for a while there but ilm glad we're laughing aobut it now

Red_Canadian posted:

I wonder why personal disagreements cause such damage to the integrity of groups, even when they are over small issues, like finding a small difference in one's opinion of a book. I mean, I don't want to be a liberal or anything, but the fact that two different people can have two different readings of a book doesn't necessarily mean that one's right and one's wrong. I mean I always read here we need to adapt the implementation of communism or whatever to local conditions, why wouldn't we allow the adaptation of book's meanings to the local conditions that exist inside people's brains. And people can like different shows, as long as we all agree on the major things, the small things only serve as different metals to strengthen the overall alloy of the movement.

this wouldn't occur in an organision but were on a forum which is on aggregate stupid and asocial

blame the internet

Squalid posted:

this thread got reeaaally uncomfortable for a while there but ilm glad we're laughing aobut it now

it wasn't even that personnel and it was a out of the blue attempt to stop a problem jools had with the way discipline interacted with the forum

some perspective please so you dont turn petty shite into some internet based web of grudges and forget the very periphery role this place plays to anything

what are you talking about people aer even pettier and more insecure in real life. Some people take any little criticism as a personal attack or even take differences in opinion as veiled threats. I had someone accuse me of attacking her and insulting her because I called squirrels vermin and she liked squirrels and I guess associated w/ them

Squalid posted:

what are you talking about people aer even pettier and more insecure in real life. Some people take any little criticism as a personal attack or even take differences in opinion as veiled threats. I had someone accuse me of attacking her and insulting her because I called squirrels vermin and she liked squirrels and I guess associated w/ them

if people do this around you in actual life rather than facebook (which it sounds like it is because if your older then 20 then one hundred percent no one said to you in real life that they are annoyed at you because you dont like squirrels) you one hundred percent need to sort it out because that is ridiculous

also my point was not really to do with that it was that what jools said was basically fine, it was a legitimate criticism if you like it or not drawn out of a problem he has had for ages, it barely got personnel at all and even now it hasn't been solved and instead everyone just acts stupid and its well yawn

next grou p is Los companeros

jools posted:

the rational albert speer-esque wing of the nazi party

mods please add this to imppers sig

with keven dead the rl name posting crew suffers another terrible blow
we'll always have joel
im not reading this thread jools ilu but what the fucking shit m8
im on jools side in the coming inevitable forums war and schism because a) comedy option, and b) tazza put sugar in her tea! with everyone watching! i was so embarrassed

Edited by cleanhands ()

this is why i love you guys, because you stop taking your pills and get into ridiculous fights
so how's Venezuela doing
Yeah, now that I've had a bit of time to think on it, I didn't really mind the arguments, I just disliked when they made it personal rather than attacking each other's arguments. There's no point in personal attacks, if someone has a different opinion, you should correct them, but for their benefit. Attacking them for it only makes them defensive.

SovietFriends posted:

Squalid posted:

if people do this around you in actual life rather than facebook (which it sounds like it is because if your older then 20 then one hundred percent no one said to you in real life that they are annoyed at you because you dont like squirrels) you one hundred percent need to sort it out because that is ridiculous

It was real life and I was older than 20. Yeah it was pretty ridiculous. She might have been 19? Her reasoning was that 'well squirrels are my my spirit animal or totem or fursona so calling squirrels vermin is a way to criticize me behind my back,' and to be fair she was 1/2 right. I was just sick of hearing her talk about squirrels.

squirrels are my spirit animal also
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/338/4/6/my_fursona_by_lazer_squirrel-d346tc6.jpg

jools posted:

RHIZZONE, 1936

oh no folks, jews have been evicted from various berlin neighbourhoods

*discipline posts der sturmer front page, for some reason*

i would actually enjoy reading der sturmer front pages

none of you FUCKS better insult diaperwearing because it's my FUCKING core self and I will not stand for it ~
lol a guy called red canadian being a huge fag whatta surprise

libelous_slander posted:

none of you FUCKS better insult diaperwearing because it's my FUCKING core self and I will not stand for it ~

"Shitting while walking is basically the platonic ideal of freedom." - Ron Paul

Red_Canadian posted:

Yeah, now that I've had a bit of time to think on it, I didn't really mind the arguments, I just disliked when they made it personal rather than attacking each other's arguments. There's no point in personal attacks, if someone has a different opinion, you should correct them, but for their benefit. Attacking them for it only makes them defensive.

‘no point in personal attacks’ wow no wonder Canadian politics is so dumb.

Anyway it’s a tautology: an attack on somebody’s politics is inherently an attack on them personally: their pride, their intellectual security, their social position that they derive from their beliefs.

It’s no point pretending we’re robots

how pre-post-modern of you to believe people believe things they say, iwc
Theres a silly kinda writeup by Greg Palast in Vice (Palast is an investigative journalist) and its fairly fuckin good shit. The best part is that he has his film about the 2002 coup, The Assassination of Hugo Chavez, linked for free download for a coupla days. Okay well bye
downloading that doc thanks
richard seymour (lenin's tomb) said that chavez's support for qaddafi was one of his greatest mistakes. tttttttrot.

stegosaurus posted:

Rhizzone, 1936 *sleazy muffled trombone riff*

outside, the city was frozen in place. but inside, somehow, it had gotten even colder. she was a hard dame to please, when I saw her profile behind my door before she knocked I could already tell, that this would be a hard case to crack. she stepped into my room and slowly twirled her long scarf and regarded my open handle of Jack with a worldy candor. I introduced myself without getting up, without, indeed, even moving my fedora from over my left eye. "jools, private eye. what can I do for you," I paused, and inhaled half a ciggarette, "ma'am?"

she looked at me from underneath her hat and said in a voice barely above a whisper that rankled across my ears like an icicle on a frozen chain link fence, "you can chill out"

this was meant to be, like, neutral regarding the weird argument .I was just riffing on the idea of the rhizzone in the thirties. i feel like that would normally be clear but shit got so weird I fel like I have to make it explicit.

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

richard seymour (lenin's tomb) said that chavez's support for qaddafi was one of his greatest mistakes. tttttttrot.

gadhafis brutal marginalization of left councilist elements during the consolidation of his own revolution cast a dark shadow over the formerly vibrant efforts of the fourth international in the maghreb

stegosaurus posted:

stegosaurus posted:

Rhizzone, 1936 *sleazy muffled trombone riff*

outside, the city was frozen in place. but inside, somehow, it had gotten even colder. she was a hard dame to please, when I saw her profile behind my door before she knocked I could already tell, that this would be a hard case to crack. she stepped into my room and slowly twirled her long scarf and regarded my open handle of Jack with a worldy candor. I introduced myself without getting up, without, indeed, even moving my fedora from over my left eye. "jools, private eye. what can I do for you," I paused, and inhaled half a ciggarette, "ma'am?"

she looked at me from underneath her hat and said in a voice barely above a whisper that rankled across my ears like an icicle on a frozen chain link fence, "you can chill out"

this was meant to be, like, neutral regarding the weird argument .I was just riffing on the idea of the rhizzone in the thirties. i feel like that would normally be clear but shit got so weird I fel like I have to make it explicit.

i was wondering why jools was imagining himself as mr freeze

Crow posted:

Theres a silly kinda writeup by Greg Palast in Vice (Palast is an investigative journalist) and its fairly fuckin good shit. The best part is that he has his film about the 2002 coup, The Assassination of Hugo Chavez, linked for free download for a coupla days. Okay well bye

That was a good documentary, even if it was a bit corny. Thank you very much for sharing.

greg palast owns #qtiyd
Fist of all, that is a good Palast article, though he has been at times a dumb conspiracy theorist and unapologetic upset liberal, he is more or less right w/r/t Chavez. The thing about Bolivars sword is straight badass.

Also, I'm glad this thread ended up turning around into a normal self hating liberal circlejerk like all rhizzone threads are.
Jools and T Money I will have some people from my set on both sides of the pond come and slap your pale faces in the mouth if you post that dumb shit again

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Fist of all, that is a good Palast article, though he has been at times a dumb conspiracy theorist and unapologetic upset liberal, he is more or less right w/r/t Chavez. The thing about Bolivars sword is straight badass.

Also, I'm glad this thread ended up turning around into a normal self hating liberal circlejerk like all rhizzone threads are.
Jools and T Money I will have some people from my set on both sides of the pond come and slap your pale faces in the mouth if you post that dumb shit again

pick me! pick me!

look man, it's ironic liberalism. god