https://samkriss.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/every-hugo-chavez-obiturary-in-the-western-press/
jaja "While not going so far as to actually do anything remotely dictatorial, Chávez was far from a democratic leader. Instead of competing honestly in elections, he provided services and raised the standard of living for the people of Venezuela, ensuring their gratitude and thereby gaining an unfair advantage at the polls."

animedad posted:

jaja "While not going so far as to actually do anything remotely dictatorial, Chávez was far from a democratic leader. Instead of competing honestly in elections, he provided services and raised the standard of living for the people of Venezuela, ensuring their gratitude and thereby gaining an unfair advantage at the polls."

jools posted:

im doing this because about five or six times i've tried to talk about shit to you over im and you straight up ignore me

lol

most of the argument in this thread is like nigger death being an fyad meme... you asshats
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lmao

tpaine posted:

joolsyboi123: discipline discipline discipline! what's up
joolsyboi123: wanted to talk to you about jodi dean
joolsyboi123: u there
joolsyboi123: i have some major points of contention with respect to your evalution of her work i'd like to discuss with you.
joolsyboi123: uh...are you away from computer
joolsyboi123: all i wanted was to sit here and eat crisps and some of that cheap cheese and have a trenchant political discussion over aim. is that so much to ask
joolsyboi123: blink 182 - adam's song
joolsyboi123: whops meant to put that in youtube search bar. sorry
joolsyboi123: i feel like adam right now. fine then. good night. you may never hear from your good friend jools again.
joolsyboi123: u there
joolsyboi123: nigger

After sorrow comes joy - ho chi Minh, discussing this thread
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=173521347

Chavez invested Venezuela's oil wealth into social programs including state-run food markets, cash benefits for poor families, free health clinics and education programs. But those gains were meager compared with the spectacular construction projects that oil riches spurred in glittering Middle Eastern cities, including the world's tallest building in Dubai and plans for branches of the Louvre and Guggenheim museums in Abu Dhabi.

gyrofry posted:

https://samkriss.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/every-hugo-chavez-obiturary-in-the-western-press/

good shit, thanks ken

[account deactivated]
capriles hsa started calling Maduro "boy" in his speeches,
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

lol really?

Tonite my friend as having a pool party in Greenpoint but I stayed in and got 6 24 oz Coors and watched Be Here To Love Me: the TVZ documentary and it made me cry
tonite my friend as having a pool party in Greenspoint but i stayed in and got 6 24 oz of honey and watched Bee Here To Love Me: the BzZ documentary and it made me have an allergic reaction to a sting.
[account deactivated]
where do you live again? i just tried to go get a spacebag but the fuckin liquor store said their card system is down so i gotta go out of my walking range to get a space bag
holla atcha boy text me shawty
[account deactivated]
im watching a documentary on patrice lumumba and drinking sambuca
Space Bag
what's a space bag is it like a capri sun juice bag but full of american whisky

if it isn't why not

drwhat posted:

what's a space bag is it like a capri sun juice bag but full of american whisky

if it isn't why not

SPace bag

I grew up in new york so whenver I hear you guys talking about it I get a little teary eyed, the way my old man feels when he hears james taylor's sweet baby james, specifically this stanza:

Now the First of December was covered with snow
And so was the Turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston
Lord, the Berkshires seemed dream-like on account of that frostin'
With ten miles behind me and ten thousand more to go

since he is Born and Raised and literally feels the chill in his bones and sees the irl literal berkshires in his gad damn eyes whenever it comes on... my song would have to be new york state of mind though. I really don't have any reasons, i've left them all behind, I'm building a toothpick model of new york, in my miiiind
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
It's goon, son.
a space bag is when you buy boxed wine then open the actual physical box made of cardboard which encases the plastic bag of wine and forthwith drink the wine through the very same nozzle which would be the nozzle from which wine is poured from out of the cardboard box, but is now the nozzle on a plastic bag of said wine which would otherwise be the plastic bag inside the box of boxed wine
i was gonna go out but then i realized it was superfluous and i'll just make a social media update about going "out" without actually getitng out of my chair. Post smart, not hard.
anytone else Going Out? Eating a pizza, having a box? I'm York, Bitch! Hey, I'm postin' here!

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

a space bag is when you buy boxed wine then open the actual physical box made of cardboard which encases the plastic bag of wine and forthwith drink the wine through the very same nozzle which would be the nozzle from which wine is poured from out of the cardboard box, but is now the nozzle on a plastic bag of said wine which would otherwise be the plastic bag inside the box of boxed wine

that was my first thought but then I pictured capri sun whiskey bags and had to share

godspeed spaceman

double postin
I went out and saw my friend beat the shit out of someone, fortunately it was in an mma ring and not the street.

AmericanNazbro posted:

i was gonna go out but then i realized it was superfluous and i'll just make a social media update about going "out" without actually getitng out of my chair. Post smart, not hard.

actually i went out and met khamsek who lives like 3 blocks away from me apparently lol and she called me out and asked why i was wearing shorts in the 40 degree weather and i was like they're not shorts, they're capris. im telling you this because i think that you'd would be interested to learn i actually wear my really awesome well fitting jeans like 1-2 days a weak and wear capris with balck leggings under them 5-6 days a week. aesthetics bro.

I admire your dedication to your gimmick but no one irl has that poor of fashion sense

tpaine posted:

*grabs your shoulders* what is a space bag?!