Whoa lets cool it with the condiment crap, k?
d&d

And not all women have the same childhood. This goes for trans and cis women. Name one experience that cis women universally experience and I'll either find you a cis woman who didn't experience that or a trans woman who did.

lol at this logic. name one experience that cis women universally experience and i'll either find you a cis woman who didn't experience that, or a black male, triceratops, pop song, or mayan architectural style that did

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

what about a final fantasy 6 character who did

someone let tpizzer dictate this to them for academy dissertation speak ghostwriting so he can be named gender studies dept chair at a used to be all girls college soon.

[account deactivated]

Cycloneboy posted:

"I really fucking hate those MRAs, don't they understand that feminists really do care about male rape victims? That's why I'm hijacking this thread about male rape victims to bitch about MRAs!"

also there's a bunch of posters there ironically posting "durr hurr deserved it wore wrong clothes get it lol???" or whatever. it's really fucking stupid because men get victim blamed in their own ways and have been throughout history whenever they dared to speak out. it's not like female-on-male rape is new, it's in the fucking bible for fuck's sake (Lot and his daughters, Potiphar's wife tried to rape Joseph, etc).

tell her to turn it into a baby without the help of a man

Cycloneboy posted:

Cycloneboy posted:

"I really fucking hate those MRAs, don't they understand that feminists really do care about male rape victims? That's why I'm hijacking this thread about male rape victims to bitch about MRAs!"

also there's a bunch of posters there ironically posting "durr hurr deserved it wore wrong clothes get it lol???" or whatever. it's really fucking stupid because men get victim blamed in their own ways and have been throughout history whenever they dared to speak out. it's not like female-on-male rape is new, it's in the fucking bible for fuck's sake (Lot and his daughters, Potiphar's wife tried to rape Joseph, etc).

theres a weird kind of legal immigrant vs. illegal immigrant-style "fuck you, got mine" mentality with some of these people. its like "i had to go through it to be where i am today, so should you". theyre more interested in people understanding and sympathizing with rape victims than they are actually doing anything effective to end or decrease the instance of rape itself. thats why things like giving your young daughters simple advice on how to avoid dangerous or vulnerable situations is labeled "victim blaming" by them. everything is focused on crisis management instead of proactive problem solving.

Superabound posted:

theres a weird kind of legal immigrant vs. illegal immigrant-style "fuck you, got mine" mentality with some of these people. its like "i had to go through it to be where i am today, so should you". theyre more interested in people understanding and sympathizing with rape victims than they are actually doing anything effective to end or decrease the instance of rape itself. thats why things like giving your young daughters simple advice on how to avoid dangerous or vulnerable situations is labeled "victim blaming" by them. everything is focused on crisis management instead of proactive problem solving.

to be fair, i remember reading a study that even all current behavioral predictors (alcohol consumption, sexual promiscuity/conservatism, etc) combined only predicted rape victimization mildly more than chance. i can't find it offhand tho.

e: i think it was like, 22% of rape victimization is explained by behavioral factors

Edited by Cycloneboy ()

but the point is, telling your teenage daughter not to get drunk at parties and then walk home by herself isnt victim blaming your daughter for a rape, its basic rational parenting advice intended to prevent your daughter from becoming a victim in the first place.
i also fundamentally disagree with the current push to convince all women that they are completely helpless and non-agency-possessing when it comes to determining or influencing the course and events of their life, that everything that happens to them is outside of their control, and that we should leave the statistical likelihood of whether or not they will be raped entirely to the determination of rapists. its literally the exact opposite of female empowerment

Superabound posted:

but the point is, telling your teenage daughter not to get drunk at parties and then walk home by herself isnt victim blaming your daughter for a rape, its basic rational parenting advice intended to prevent your daughter from becoming a victim in the first place.

agreedo.

Superabound posted:

because it's a symptom of the Freedom brand in America. Freedom in 21st century america means "freedom from responsibility"

the existence of a cultural list of "things women shd take responsibility for if they don't wanna be raped" is the reason that any half decent defense attorney can seize upon anything a victim did as evidence of consent, which is the reason you're more likely to be convicted for blasphemy than rape in most of the world

littlegreenpills posted:

the existence of a cultural list of "things women shd take responsibility for if they don't wanna be raped" is the reason that any half decent defense attorney can seize upon anything a victim did as evidence of consent, which is the reason you're more likely to be convicted for blasphemy than rape in most of the world

great job

littlegreenpills posted:

this is so wrong it's not even funny lol

what are your figures for the conviction rate in rape cases?

littlegreenpills posted:

perhaps a better exercise might be for you to re-examine your psyche!

http://gawker.com/5994865/republican-lawmaker-refers-to-women-as-vaginas-in-email-to-colleague?tag=say-what

littlegreenpills posted:

it depends on where you live, lol.

On average, across the results reviewed, for a hypothetical 100 alleged perpetrators referred to prosecutors:
• 66 would be charged;
• 43 would plead guilty;
• 12 would be dismissed or transferred;
• 2 would be diverted to treatment;
• 6 would be convicted at trial;
• 3 would be acquitted at trial;
• 26 would be incarcerated.

http://tva.sagepub.com/content/4/4/323.short

a study on child abuse. ok so what

littlegreenpills posted:

and the fact that any half decent defense attorney can seize upon blackout drunkenness as evidence of consent is exactly one of the reasons girls who dont want to become helpless victims with no legal recourse shouldnt get blackout drunk around a bunch of rapists. the Ouroboros of Capitalist Rape Culture

(its also why any actual progress on the issue will necessarily have to occur judicially, politically, and legislatively, making all "cultural change" efforts a complete and ridiculous waste of time. Cultural norms and permissions flow from the top down, not the bottom up. If real Civil Rights activists had focused on changing the minds of racists instead of passing actual legislation, black people still wouldnt be able to vote)

littlegreenpills posted:

a study on child abuse. ok so what

my point is that csa is easier to prosecute* AND there's no "things children should take responsibility for if they don't want to be raped," yet almost three quarters of child molesters referred to prosecutors won't be incarcerated and about half avoid any kind of conviction.

* you only have to prove that sex happened between the victim and the perpetrator, whereas w/ rape you also have to prove that the sex was nonconsensual.

littlegreenpills posted:

and the reason defense attorneys are able to do this is NOT because of "cultural attitudes", its due to the evidentiary rules of our court system

so should Feminists focus on: a) changing the cultural attitudes of an entire civilization through yelling really loudly on the internet, or b) focus their money and collective power on lobbying to have the intoxication level of rape victims be inadmissible in court ?

real nice fella. now cut conviction rates in half and you've got something comparable to rape trials.

littlegreenpills posted:

real nice fella. now cut conviction rates in half and you've got something comparable to rape trials.

appropriate, since rape trials have twice as much to prove.

Superabound posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

and the reason defense attorneys are able to do this is NOT because of "cultural attitudes", its due to the evidentiary rules of our court system

so should Feminists focus on: a) changing the cultural attitudes of an entire civilization through yelling really loudly on the internet, or b) focus their money and collective power on lobbying to have the intoxication level of rape victims be inadmissible in court ?

what else ought to be specifically ruled inadmissible? the length of the victim's skirt? the victim's prior sexual history? prior relations with the defendant? the fact she invited someone in to have coffee? it's a moving target, a defense lawyer is duty bound to use every feasible means to undermine the prosecution's case, and the sphere of what is feasible is determined less by evidentiary rules than by what is or isn't patently ludicrous. see also: witchcraft trials

littlegreenpills posted:

what else ought to be specifically ruled inadmissible? the length of the victim's skirt? the victim's prior sexual history? prior relations with the defendant? the fact she invited someone in to have coffee? it's a moving target, a defense lawyer is duty bound to use every feasible means to undermine the prosecution's case, and the sphere of what is feasible is determined less by evidentiary rules than by what is or isn't patently ludicrous. see also: witchcraft trials

there's a thing called a rape shield law, look it up.

littlegreenpills posted:

what else ought to be specifically ruled inadmissible? the length of the victim's skirt?

yes

the victim's prior sexual history?

yes

prior relations with the defendant?

yes

the fact she invited someone in to have coffee?

yes

it's a moving target, a defense lawyer is duty bound to use every feasible means to undermine the prosecution's case

unless those "feasible means" are not allowed due to the rote and established rules of the American court system. A prosecutor cannot successfully object to the inclusion of information that is not disallowed under those rules.

and the sphere of what is feasible is determined less by evidentiary rules than by what is or isn't patently ludicrous. see also: witchcraft trials

counterpoint: witch trials didnt end because the American public suddenly stopped believing in witchcraft

hey, remember when lynching blacks for using white peoples bathrooms suddenly became illegal because everyone got together and culturally agreed that racism was bad, and not because of any actual changes in US law?
witch trials DID gradually end because the american public gradually stopped believing in witchcraft, long before it was taken off the books as a crime. there weren't any legislative changes involved. lynching blacks was always illegal, it just wasn't the done thing to prosecute, and juries were apt to acquit because of societal attitudes

Superabound posted:

hey, remember when lynching blacks for using white peoples bathrooms suddenly became illegal because everyone got together and culturally agreed that racism was bad, and not because of any actual changes in US law?

pepperidge farms remembers

littlegreenpills posted:

witch trials DID gradually end because the american public gradually stopped believing in witchcraft, long before it was taken off the books as a crime. there weren't any legislative changes involved. lynching blacks was always illegal, it just wasn't the done thing to prosecute, and juries were apt to acquit because of societal attitudes

lynching blacks was "always illegal" just like rape was "always illegal"

this thread is literally hitler
people still believe in witchcraft. in fact you can actually find many of these people at feminist rallies
btw im wondering how long its going to take for you to realize that youre literally arguing against the idea of making it easier to successfully prosecute rapists
back from vacation, forums are p bad at the moment