deadken posted:

critique it with a bullet

pictured: a thing

littlegreenpills posted:

i'm doing a workshop and i have to somehow critique this while being polite and constructive

From Chris:
Most of you know this is an adaptation of Pride and Prejudice into a Star Trek novel Prime Perceptions which is the story of the meeting of Spock’s parents, Sarek (Darcy) and Amanda (Elizabeth Bennet).
Amanda has grown up and Sarek has recently crashed on a planet in a system with electrical dampening.
Sarek and others have been working on methods to get a probe out of the system and have discovered a way to temporarily create electricity.
Amanda’s sister has run off with a supposed Vulcan, ‘V’Kham’. Amanda knows V’Kham is really a terrorist Romulan and they all fear her sister may be killed. In Chapter 47, I add a description of the beginning of Sarek searching out V’Kham to fight him. I’d like input as to whether the pacing and voice of these inserts works well enough with the simple translation of the rest of the story.
Some have commented that made me feel like they thought I was writing a good period piece but it's supposed to sound like Star Trek and not like Jane Austen so I'd like to know if it sounds sufficiently unlike Jane Austen.
Thanks,
Chris

by critique i assume you mean steal the idea and get it published yourself

id fuckin read that star trek book
I WROTE A DUMB GAY THING ABOUT MIRRORS

http://samkriss.wordpress.com/2012/08/30/the-mirror-stages/
what does THIS have to do with star trek *takes out red pen and writes "0 SEE ME AFTER" and circles it a couple times*

deadken posted:

I WROTE A DUMB GAY THING ABOUT MIRRORS

http://samkriss.wordpress.com/2012/08/30/the-mirror-stages/

hmm that was kinda cool, was yusef 3 and 4 related

theyre all variations on a theme, iono really. thx doe
yeah i was kicking around a connection between 3's mirror eyes being pulled out and 4 losing his talent, i guess it was just projection though. either way that was a really nice piece.
nah that was kinda deliberate lol, also 1 seeing his mirror-self as crude + 2 being terrified off his own reflection, & 2 seeing it in his own eyes and 3's turning into mirrors themselves. INCEPTION BRO
Do You See....
ken write a thing that isnt dumb or gay by saturday or i will ifap u

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

ken write a thing that isnt dumb or gay by saturday or i will ifap u

no Lol

ken write something w/ a macguffin quest and a love triangle
ok Lol
Y'all ready for NaNoWriMo?
neh
Some complemented me in my creative writing class by saying "Wow do you read? I can tell that you read." It felt nice
wow that really is cool. upvoted.

did you creatively write thsi , DRU
[account deactivated]
a sneek peek into Imppy's new novel

i've been doing some writing bust dunno whether to post it
dO it! Why not! What is the downside! Christ is Risen!
...and boy are my arms tired!!

somebody probably already made that joke sry
ken write something about doors and the going through of them
lol

http://bestofnanowrimo.tumblr.com/

SHANK3Neuropathy posted:

...and boy are my arms tired!!

somebody probably already made that joke sry

ok:

If you look closely, the princess archetype is not about passivity and decorativeness: It is about power and the recognition of the true self… What other female figure can command an army, break open a treasury, or even, as in images of Kate Middleton or of Diana Spencer, simply bestow, with her presence, a sense of magic, excitement and healing?’

sorry that was naomi wolf (!), i'll actually post something soon tho
i's releasing a new novel soon. im not giving any away, i guess i don't expect anyone to buy it either. O well. i'm writing another one too
What's it about? Make sure to put it on goonreads.com.
according to amazon, bean is available on paperback. is that for real? how much money do you get if i buy it for my brother for christmas?
i get $4-5 or so. and yes it is in paperback.

the book i'm releasing is about the french revolution. this is the little agent blurb i had to write:

At the height of the terror, a young French aristocrat evades the guillotine by preying on the Jacobins' ideals, sentiments, and prejudices. He constructs his own biography three times, for three separate judges--each time, the truth of his past and his circumstances comes closer to entrapping him. A French Book proceeds entirely in speech and is set in two dungeons and an office.
last time i put a book here i gave it to 30 or so people and asked for reviews, if possible, since i didnt care about the piddling amount of money, but would have liked reviews. i got 0 reviews that shit was kewL
looks like at least one of us has had a productive november! Congratulations!

now show us the progress on ur beard

Impper posted:

last time i put a book here i gave it to 30 or so people and asked for reviews, if possible, since i didnt care about the piddling amount of money, but would have liked reviews. i got 0 reviews that shit was kewL

I’m sorry I’m lazy Impz, I just don’t know how to do like, proper criticism and review.

I did actually buy F&D though.

Send me ya books and I MIGHT "right" some reviews
haha I wonder if there exist physical books out there with that little sticker over them, like instead of where the pulitzer or w/e goes its that.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Impper posted:

I’m sorry I’m lazy Impz, I just don’t know how to do like, proper criticism and review.

I did actually buy F&D though.

that is not exactly the point of an amazon review. it is ostensibly a conversation with other customers more than literary criticism. i got a review on fuck and destroy that alleged that i'm a rapist with no writing ability and since then i've sold a lot more books than i was before that one.

Edited by Impper ()