Impper posted:

luckily rhizzone is enragingly incomprehensible and pointless to my gf

kinda the same but i caught my bf checking out the rhizzone page the other day out of enraged curiosity and now i have to consider never coming back or rhizzoning by phone only

rhizzoning by phone is my bread and butta

Edited by dipshit420 ()

its how you keep up with the latest zzone trends.

SariBari posted:

Impper posted:

kinda the same but i caught my bf checking out the rhizzone page the other day out of enraged curiosity and now i have to consider never coming back or rhizzoning by phone only

how could this place make someone so angry

littlegreenpills posted:

SariBari posted:

Impper posted:

how could this place make someone so angry

i dunno about immper but my bf has always read over my shoulder at unfortunate zzone moments like "gay nigger death" or when we're cheering the death of someone.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/you-die-real-quick-snake-handlers-appeal-after-daughter-bitten-20130521-2jy2y.html

oh shit Raymond Hoser

http://www.selu.edu/acad_research/depts/biol/faculty/pdf/kaiser_et_al2013.pdf

Between January 2000 and September 2012, Raymond Hoser named two superfamilies, one family, three subfamilies, 89 tribes and subtribes, 113 genera, 64 subgenera, 25 species, and 53 subspecies of reptiles, including Old and New World snakes, geckos, skinks, and crocodiles (Table 1). These names constitute 76% of genera and subgenera and 16% of species and subspecies newly proposed for snakes over that time period (Uetz 2012). . . .

Most recently, Hoser (2009a–e, 2012a–ac) has published in the Australasian Journal of Herpetology (AJH), a vehicle produced and mailed by Hoser himself, and primarily geared towards taxonomic articles of which he is the exclusive author and editor. Although the AJH masquerades as a scientific journal, it is perhaps better described as a printed “blog” because it lacks many of the hallmarks of formal scientific communication, and includes much irrelevant information (Ross et al. 2012). Examples of the latter include private email messages in their entirety, as well as polemics against taxonomic herpetologists (e.g., Hoser 2001:48–56; Hoser 2009a:3–21, 30; Hoser 2012a:1–34), taxonomic journals (Zootaxa; Hoser 2012a:15ff), wildlife officials (e.g., Hoser 2012f:12), and even judges in courts of law (e.g., Hoser 2012i:45).

here's an issue of his "journal"

http://www.smuggled.com/AJHI11.pdf

Etymology

Named in honour of herpetologist Pete Whybrow, who has
made a valuable contribution to herpetology in Australia. It is
unfortunate that his head is so large that when his wife Judy
gave birth to his child (named James) the baby’s head was
so large that an assisted birth was necessary.

SariBari posted:

Impper posted:

I wonder how khamsek feels about zzonin by phone only

[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

fuck, people were talking about trains, i missed it

the university i'm going to bills itself as 'the only university with a train station in australia'

[account deactivated]
that school is paving the way for trains-acceptance in greater Austro-Asia
[account deactivated]
TRAINS!!
toot toot
i sure am lucky that i don't seem to have the emotional capacity to sustain meaningful and enduring romantic relationships because otherwise i'd have to have a Seriously awkward conversation about the fail stalin amphetamines daddy i'm fucking a coloured lady mcrib aids forum. thankfully trains don't ask questions
the conversation isn't awkward. all you have to say is "make your own account" and they will quickly lose interest once they do
i cant imagine finding out your SO posted on some gay ironic internet forum and having any response other than secretly signing up and endlessly trolling them. sharing common interests is necessary to every healthy relationiship
reasons why trains are better than human women: trains can move at up to 200 mph. human women are lucky if they can manage 5 mph. trains can carry you from paris to moscow in a matter of days while human women can barely carry me across the street. when trains are late you may be entitled to a partial refund but human women sometimes fail to show up altogether and i still have to pay for my meal. trains can contain thousands of individual moving parts whereas in my experience human women hardly move at all but just lie there looking faintly disappointed
fucking. love. trains. any questions?
[account deactivated]
yesterday i was on a train and some ruffians started talking about how they had a coupon for free blowjobs and were going to spend the whole week with whores and how they fucking hated french people and shit and i felt very uncomfortable and moved away from them but they carried on for the whole trip and i felt really bad about it because those people are bad but i wish they could be better
i have never seen more early morning train fights than in moscow and also one time i saw a roma kid running a rubber band up ladies' butt cracks

getfiscal posted:

yesterday i was on a train and some ruffians started talking about how they had a coupon for free blowjobs and were going to spend the whole week with whores and how they fucking hated french people and shit and i felt very uncomfortable and moved away from them but they carried on for the whole trip and i felt really bad about it because those people are bad but i wish they could be better

why do you wish they could be better instead of just wishing for the perfect opportunity to push them off the moving train? help me understand, donald.

SariBari posted:

why do you wish they could be better instead of just wishing for the perfect opportunity to push them off the moving train? help me understand, donald.

because i'm an old softy at heart, sally

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

I must confess i've never quite understood this criticism. A member of the Bourgeoisie experienced for an exceedingly brief period the kind of tension and menace that the poorer stratum of society experiences everyday, and yet the message to take is that they need to be better?

roseweird posted:

deadken posted:

what is your favorite thing to do on a train?

interaction. on my last train trip, i met an eclectic mix of people: missionaries, german tourists, farm boys from the midwest, musicians, aspiring writers, etc. at night we'd hang out in the lounge and get really drunk.

roseweird posted:

deadken posted:

fucking. love. trains. any questions?

here is a question from veronica, age 8: what is your favorite thing to do on a train?

look out the window, definitely

[account deactivated]
whatever happened to princeofdicks

the best way to get people to talk on public transit, like everywhere else, is to bring your own liquor, because people who start conversations with strangers are always alcoholics
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

windows on trains are rad, i spend most of my time on trains underground though

all of central sydney's trains are underground and then when going north it busts into the open right where the harbour bridge starts and it's glorious

sheer elegance

[account deactivated]

SariBari posted:

Impper posted:

sounds like a real pussy

gyrofry posted:

SariBari posted:

Impper posted:

sounds like a real pussy

okay well now i insist that you duel

this was a cross-country amtrak trip, by the way. they sold beer in a little compartment under the lounge. but some people came prepared. the farm boys had a bag fully loaded with an array of miniature alcohol bottles.