roseweird posted:

deadken posted:

fucking. love. trains. any questions?

here is a question from veronica, age 8: what is your favorite thing to do on a train?

stealthy masturbation

daddyholes posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/you-die-real-quick-snake-handlers-appeal-after-daughter-bitten-20130521-2jy2y.html

oh shit Raymond Hoser

http://www.selu.edu/acad_research/depts/biol/faculty/pdf/kaiser_et_al2013.pdf

Between January 2000 and September 2012, Raymond Hoser named two superfamilies, one family, three subfamilies, 89 tribes and subtribes, 113 genera, 64 subgenera, 25 species, and 53 subspecies of reptiles, including Old and New World snakes, geckos, skinks, and crocodiles (Table 1). These names constitute 76% of genera and subgenera and 16% of species and subspecies newly proposed for snakes over that time period (Uetz 2012). . . .

Most recently, Hoser (2009a–e, 2012a–ac) has published in the Australasian Journal of Herpetology (AJH), a vehicle produced and mailed by Hoser himself, and primarily geared towards taxonomic articles of which he is the exclusive author and editor. Although the AJH masquerades as a scientific journal, it is perhaps better described as a printed “blog” because it lacks many of the hallmarks of formal scientific communication, and includes much irrelevant information (Ross et al. 2012). Examples of the latter include private email messages in their entirety, as well as polemics against taxonomic herpetologists (e.g., Hoser 2001:48–56; Hoser 2009a:3–21, 30; Hoser 2012a:1–34), taxonomic journals (Zootaxa; Hoser 2012a:15ff), wildlife officials (e.g., Hoser 2012f:12), and even judges in courts of law (e.g., Hoser 2012i:45).

here's an issue of his "journal"

http://www.smuggled.com/AJHI11.pdf

Etymology

Named in honour of herpetologist Pete Whybrow, who has
made a valuable contribution to herpetology in Australia. It is
unfortunate that his head is so large that when his wife Judy
gave birth to his child (named James) the baby’s head was
so large that an assisted birth was necessary.

lmao

damn, i didnt know goatstein was a herpertologist. or that his name was peter whybrow. or that he resides in austraila. ahaha
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Human geography/Urban studies are you bloody joking mate, unbloodybelievable. at least study something relevant and enriching like the classics. you sound like a fucking american

Lykourgos posted:

Human geography/Urban studies are you bloody joking mate, unbloodybelievable. at least study something relevant and enriching like the classics. you sound like a fucking american

oh hello Grumblefish are you here to sweep me chimney?

TRAINSPLANES
don't even get me started on automobiles
reasons why planes > trains:

1) increased class consciousness by forcing you to trudge past 3 rows of first class on your way to the back 30 rows of coach.

2) more spectacular crashes.

3) better subject for vocal mimicry by humans (neeeeeeeeeeeer, powpowpowpow vs. toot toot; COME ON)

Edited by LaserJew ()

Planes are a revoltingly capitalist mode of transportation. All Good Communists Take Trains <---feel free to use this as a mnemonic device for remembering DNA nucleobases

Lykourgos posted:

also i can't take your Noble schtick seriously now that you let it slip in the other thread that you talk about fucking Nikita in real life lol.

Maybe if your precious ancients had given some thought to urban planning and supply chains they wouldn't have been overrun by a bunch of savages lmao

Edited by Ironicwarcriminal ()

he talks about how shit yanks are at cooking breakfast iirc
That GBS thread is insane and the fractious, irritable, ignorant superiority that seems to define them makes my hair stand on end, urgh
looking forward to iwc's university edumacated trolls

any sneak previews for yer fans?
vat tha fak

LaserJew posted:

1) increased class consciousness by forcing you to trudge past 3 rows of first class on your way to the back 30 rows of coach.

3) better subject for vocal mimicry by humans (neeeeeeeeeeeer, powpowpowpow vs. toot toot; COME ON)

dog strictly vocal mimicry is the past, if you can't fart a train horn on demand you're really not a friend of me

LaserJew posted:

4) 9/11

[account deactivated]
That's good, now you have more time to Work Out.
trains rule, the first time a woman ever bought me a drink was on a train from paris to venice. i cant tell if its uncommon in america or italian girls have lower standards

did

someone

say

TRAINS?

[account deactivated]

LaserJew posted:

you serious bro? you serious?

train wrecks are so spectacular that "train wreck" has come into usage to describe any spectacular fuck up.

train crashed today in maryland

(CNN) -- A CSX freight train collided with a tractor-trailer and derailed in the Baltimore area Tuesday, officials said, seriously injuring the truck's driver and leading to an explosion that a witness said could be felt blocks away.
The crash happened in Rosedale, just to the east of Baltimore, Baltimore County firefighter Jonathan Meehan said. The truck driver was taken to a hospital, said Baltimore County police and fire spokeswoman Elise Armacost.
An explosion followed, and a resulting hazardous-materials situation prompted the evacuation of a half-mile area, according to a Baltimore County police official who declined to be named, citing department policy.
Later, Armacost said "there is no community evacuation at this time."
Video from CNN affiliate WBAL showed at least five of the train's cars off the track, and white and black smoke rising in separate columns from the wreckage.

while airplanes just explode into bits or whatever the fuck they do when they crash, a train wreck is defiant, it confronts us with itself, the evidence of its wreckage sprawled out in derailed train cars, a monument to disorder and chaos, biohazardous spillage seeping out, totally majestic in its catastrophic spectacle for the epic win even during the most epic fail

CSX, BNSF, UP, NS... these are the acronyms i worship
everytime one of us derails a thread, you have trains to thank

ilmdge posted:

LaserJew posted:

you serious bro? you serious?

[account deactivated]

prikryl posted:

lol is real fire actually more expensive now

LaserJew posted:

lol if you aren't living the first class life

thats why im a Boss and youre a worker *laugh track*
fuck you if you just shuffle meekly thorugh first class without glaring hatefully and jostling them with your carry-on and coughing and farting if possible
i like to detonate a bomb on the way through so they have something to mull over for the rest of the flight

daddyholes posted:

i like to detonate a bomb on the way through so they have something to mull over for the rest of the flight

TEXAS PENAL CODE § 22.07. TERRORISTIC THREAT.

(a) A person commits an offense if he threatens to commit any offense
involving violence to any person or property with intent to:
(1) cause a reaction of any type to his threat by an official or
volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;
(2) place any person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury;
(3) prevent or interrupt the occupation or use of a building, room,
place of assembly, place to which the public has access, place
of employment or occupation, aircraft, automobile, or other form
of conveyance, or other public place;
(4) cause impairment or interruption of public communications, public
transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public
service;
(5) place the public or a substantial group of the public in fear of
serious bodily injury; or
(6) influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the
federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the
state.
(b) An offense under Subsection (a)(1) is a Class B misdemeanor.
(c) An offense under Subsection (a)(2) is a Class B misdemeanor, except
that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the offense:
(1) is committed against a member of the person's family or household
or otherwise constitutes family violence; or
(2) is committed against a public servant.
(d) An offense under Subsection (a)(3) is a Class A misdemeanor, unless the
actor causes pecuniary loss of $1,500 or more to the owner of the
building, room, place, or conveyance, in which event the offense is a
state jail felony.
(e) An offense under Subsection (a)(4), (a)(5), or (a)(6) is a felony of
the third degree.
(f) In this section:
(1) "Family" has the meaning assigned by Section 71.003, Family Code.
(2) "Family violence" has the meaning assigned by Section 71.004, Family
Code.
(3) "Household" has the meaning assigned by Section 71.005, Family Code.
(g) For purposes of Subsection (d), the amount of pecuniary loss is the
amount of economic loss suffered by the owner of the building, room,
place, or conveyance as a result of the prevention or interruption of the
occupation or use of the building, room, place, or conveyance.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts
1979, 66th Leg., p. 1114, ch. 530, § 2, eff. Aug. 27, 1979; Acts 1993, 73rd Leg.,
ch. 900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994; Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 139, § 1, eff.
Sept. 1, 2003; Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 388, § 2, eff. Sept. 1, 2003; Acts 2003,
78th Leg., ch. 446, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2003; Acts 2005, 79th Leg., ch. 728,
§ 16.003, eff. Sept. 1, 2005.
I don't think the U.S. has an extradition treaty with Texas though
also it's apparently only illegal if you're a man

slumlord posted:

fuck you if you just shuffle meekly thorugh first class without glaring hatefully and jostling them with your carry-on and coughing and farting if possible

lol if you dont stride purposefully over to your isle seat in 3a, recline the seat back to 180 degrees and patiently wait till the plane is at cruising altitude to get your pre-chilled bottle of bubbly because 700 bux is one night of cocaine money at the harvard club you saved for your trip to visit don angelito in baja cali...

fucking lol if you use public transportation or ever leave the country of your birth
i love it when people brag about flying first class, paying thousands of dollars for something several times smaller and allowing significantly fewer amenities and privileges than the average college dorm room
can u fuckign believe that in first class they actually let me extend my knees farther than 90 degrees MULTIPLE times during my 5 hour, veal-like captivity? they even brought me earbuds (free of charge)...and champagne! CHAM-MOTHERFUCKING=pAGNE, BIUTCH