a city in british columbia has some homeless people sleeping in tents in fields. homelessness is a serious problem with no obvious answer. some trolls will suggest we give people housing, but we need to remember that communism works better in theory than in practice. others might say that we should at least let them sleep on the ground, but that would create a crisis where every homeless person in the world would crowd the fields of british columbia and create a tragedy of the commons.

accordingly, the police dumped chicken manure on the field. they cut up about a dozen tents. they sprayed bear mace all over tents so they would be unusable. obviously we all support the police, heck knows they have a tough job with all the whackos out there, but what's the policy response to this? i was thinking maybe microloans?
test them for feminism & kill the failures

daddyholes posted:

test them for feminism & kill the failures

invite them to stay with you
lol why would you be homeless in canada. be homeless someplace warm imo
Some people just enjoy failing, they come from a culture of failure and poverty. Unfortunately it isn't worth the extreme time and effort it would take to retrain them to be members of main stream society. All we can really hope to do is take their children and make them learn more good things and not to love living in a big pile of dirt and eating slugs, baby. No shell over hurrrr.
Superabound those people can't afford a mortgage.

Goethestein posted:

lol why would you be homeless in canada. be homeless someplace warm imo

yeah why not head down to the tropical countries, which are really good places for poor people to live.

true story is that property tax-funded public schools pit homeowners against homeless in every possible way
i hear skid row is nice this time of year
the key to solving the homeless problem is to create a culture that praises the suicide of the worthless
the only place i really see homeless ppl in massachusetts is in cambridge and i think thats because ppl are too liberal there to tell them to shuffle off and quit pointlessly dragging it out and die already

Goethestein posted:

the key to solving the homeless problem is to create a culture that praises the suicide of the worthless

the joke writes itself

otoh homeless people are less directly complicit in the exploitation of the third world so maybe they are the most moral of all first worlders? things 2 think about...

getfiscal posted:

Goethestein posted:

the joke writes itself

how long has it been since youve had a job

Rent cute dogs that can do a few tricks to homeless people, allowing them to take out a microloan to pay for it, if necessary. This will allow them to greatly increase their hourly income b/c people feel orders of magnitude more empathy for dogs than the homeless.

Superabound posted:

all guys in wobbly tshirts should look like that guy

imagine a hundred thousand of them with guns
if only we had a virginal marxoteen to lead them...

Goethestein posted:

well i've got serious brain problems but i don't think that makes me worthless.

thirdplace posted:

i hear skid row is nice this time of year

i hear there are some great fucking TRAINS here in Bangor

getfiscal posted:

Goethestein posted:

it would be deeply unfair to characterize them as any worse than goatstein's, and the man has a self reported six figure salary

um im pretty sure he said "6 finger Sally". his daughter is polydactyl u bigot

getfiscal posted:

Goethestein posted:

lets say society collapsed tomorrow. what use would you be other than food

let's say i have bat wings and fire breath
[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

Goethestein posted:

quick reminder that meat is murder

Goethestein posted:

trick question: all men have value under Communism

Goethestein posted:

i answer your question with a question...

Goethestein posted:

getfiscal posted:

Goethestein posted:

people are ends, not means

I dont know why a guy who sits in his room all day would be any more or any less useful than a guy who sits in an office all day once all the laws of men are dissolved.
:-{-
i have the physical fitness and generalized cruelty to become a warlord, or at least a higher-up lieutenant under an existing warlord. getfiscal enters his resume to the warlord seeking employment as catamite
also i'm going to get a job soon anyway so like guh quit harshing my buzz

Goethestein posted:

getfiscal enters his resume to the warlord seeking employment as catamite

i could do worse. may my soft flesh please my master.

Goethestein posted:

i have the physical fitness and generalized cruelty to become a warlord, or at least a higher-up lieutenant under an existing warlord. getfiscal enters his resume to the warlord seeking employment as catamite

when society totally collapses, like true mayhem in the streets, everyone for furself, no electricity or running water, who is going to be ranking people most to least useful?

swampman posted:

Goethestein posted:

when society totally collapses, like true mayhem in the streets, everyone for furself, no electricity or running water, who is going to be ranking people most to least useful?

those with der Wille zur Macht

I have a lot of good skills for the post apoc, I can calculate the area of things (EVEN IF ITS CURVED) & have good boots. What kind of apocolypse are we talking about like I cna drive heavy equipment is that a useful skill. Can i build a fort for the Lord of Duluth (as it was called in the before-times) or whats the deal.
keven lives in alaska and thus would be left for dead posthaste