[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
so sad.
#1reasonwhy
I am opposed to veterans killing themselves. I hope that they instead renounce the military and become productive members of society, that, in their free time, argue against the military-industrial complex, or "M.I.C." That's just my opinion, though, and I respect the opinions of others who disagtee.

You must not blame yourself. The simple truth is this: During my first deployment, I was made to participate in things, the enormity of which is hard to describe. War crimes, crimes against humanity.

To force me to do these things and then participate in the ensuing coverup is more than any government has the right to demand.

Ugh. What a waste. He could have released specific information about whatever crimes he's referring to, been arrested for putting the precious troops at risk by exposing their crimes, and made a magnificent spectacle during the trial Galloway-style.

He could have been like Bradley Manning without the sheeplike docile acquiescent attitude.

Is it just me or is it really strange how nobody wants to take an activist stand and stand up for what they believe in on a public stage? Shouldn't Julian Assange want to be arrested and tried by a military tribunal to show how oppressive and horrible the United States can be by showing its true face to the entire world? One rich first worlder being oppressed brings more attention than a million dead in poor people countries.

Everyone remembers Elijah Lovejoy and John Brown - and since they received full-fledged human rights their deaths had more impact than the deaths of a million slaves. It still works the same today despite how advanced and civilized everyone thinks they are and yet not one fucking person can sacrifice themselves by doing what's right? They all have to hide or kill themselves?

how catch 22s work in reality

internationalist posted:

Shouldn't Julian Assange want to be arrested and tried by a military tribunal to show how oppressive and horrible the United States can be by showing its true face to the entire world?

no

lol because if ANYTHING makes a population rise up against the powers of imperialism, its a government efficiently eliminating its enemies and throwing red meat to all its fascist supporters by executing foreign "war criminals" in non-public military tribunals

internationalist posted:

Ugh. What a waste. He could have released specific information about whatever crimes he's referring to, been arrested for putting the precious troops at risk by exposing their crimes, and made a magnificent spectacle during the trial Galloway-style.

He could have been like Bradley Manning without the sheeplike docile acquiescent attitude.

Is it just me or is it really strange how nobody wants to take an activist stand and stand up for what they believe in on a public stage? Shouldn't Julian Assange want to be arrested and tried by a military tribunal to show how oppressive and horrible the United States can be by showing its true face to the entire world? One rich first worlder being oppressed brings more attention than a million dead in poor people countries.

Everyone remembers Elijah Lovejoy and John Brown - and since they received full-fledged human rights their deaths had more impact than the deaths of a million slaves. It still works the same today despite how advanced and civilized everyone thinks they are and yet not one fucking person can sacrifice themselves by doing what's right? They all have to hide or kill themselves?

I know the ideal man for some lefties is a purely altruistic martyr saint but no

America destroy nice weird-talky albino elf man?? finally, her true face have been shown *wades through literal waist-deep ocean of Muslim blood to effeminately slap Uncle Sam in the face*
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Superabound posted:

America destroy nice weird-talky albino elf man?? finally, her true face have been shown *wades through literal waist-deep ocean of Muslim blood to effeminately slap Uncle Sam in the face*

i too voted for obama

As did I, friend. Obama has been limited by realities of his office but he's still the best President we've had in almost 50 years. Well, maybe 30, if you like Jimmy Carter, which I do, but feel that he wasn't pragmatic enough.

mongosteen posted:

Obama has been limited by realities of his office

there is absolutely nothing stopping Obama from releasing large numbers of non-violent drug offenders from overcrowded federal prisons through pardons and commutations.

there is no legal doctrine stopping Obama from ordering a halt to overseas air strikes, both manned and unmanned.

even Gitmo, which Congress has admittedly got in the way of closing, could be solved if the president were to forfeit his war powers under the AUMF.

HenryKrinkle posted:

mongosteen posted:

Obama has been limited by realities of his office

there is absolutely nothing stopping Obama from releasing large numbers of non-violent drug offenders from overcrowded federal prisons through pardons and commutations.

there is no legal doctrine stopping Obama from ordering a halt to overseas air strikes, both manned and unmanned.

even Gitmo, which Congress has admittedly got in the way of closing, could be solved if the president were to forfeit his war powers under the AUMF.

But how could he use do these things AND pass healthcare reform and beat the Republicans in 2014? You're being a bit naive in my estimation.

he's storing up his political crapital until his power levels are beyond 100,000,000 and he goes ssj4

peepaw posted:

he's storing up his political crapital until his power levels are beyond 100,000,000 and he goes ssj4

hmm, so thats why his hair has been turning so light

[account deactivated]
yeah its p funny that America has turned "feeling bad about murdering people" into an undesirable pathology. Capitalism evolutionarily selects for sociopathy, imho
RIP WOUNDED WARRIORS SEMPER FI

my friend posted this article on fb the other day with the comment "good for him"

http://deadspin.com/remember-former-49ers-rb-glen-coffee-hes-an-army-para-530696145

i think if you compare the possibility of a short but lucrative career where you mercilessly attack/are attacked by your fellow man and cause permanent damage to yourself, greatly shortening your lifespan and possibly driving you to suicide, versus one where you actually murder people, a sane person would go with the former
my closest vet friend is probabyl divorcing his wife and never seeing his kids again over his constant drunken cheating and is also being recommended for officers school

TG posted:

my friend posted this article on fb the other day with the comment "good for him"

http://deadspin.com/remember-former-49ers-rb-glen-coffee-hes-an-army-para-530696145

i think if you compare the possibility of a short but lucrative career where you mercilessly attack/are attacked by your fellow man and cause permanent damage to yourself, greatly shortening your lifespan and possibly driving you to suicide, versus one where you actually murder people, a sane person would go with the former

its pretty novel to consider a man's desire to kill insane in that context

Reports show over 9000 Iraq war vets killing themselves every day
[account deactivated]
according to all the vets i know ppl don't hire vets b/c they see vets as people who couldnt get jobs
[account deactivated]
In my experience, vets have trouble getting jobs because the interviewer is going yeah great, you have good discipline and leadership qualities, that's great, but we're really looking for someone with some experience in the field and also a college degree and also without the stink of mental sickness raging on him powerful as a bonfire. Most military roles grant no practical experience, like congrats on your ability to fire a gun really well, oh and I see here that you can operate an encrypted radio? Fantastic, those are skills we use every day here at the Pepsi bottling plant.

mongosteen posted:

Fantastic, those are skills we use every day here at the Pepsi bottling plant.

catchphrase

maybe returning vets have the same employment opportunities as convicted felons because theyre all murderers rapists and drug addicts that pose a huge and unnecessary liability to everyone around them? just my two dinars
afaik most veterans dont have jobs because peole give them free shit. one of my m8s was in the marines and he walks around in uniform in the afternoon and evenings even though he got kicked out of basic like 8 years ago and he gets free food booze and pussy everywhere he goes

mongosteen posted:

In my experience, vets have trouble getting jobs because the interviewer is going yeah great, you have good discipline and leadership qualities, that's great, but we're really looking for someone with some experience in the field and also a college degree and also without the stink of mental sickness raging on him powerful as a bonfire. Most military roles grant no practical experience, like congrats on your ability to fire a gun really well, oh and I see here that you can operate an encrypted radio? Fantastic, those are skills we use every day here at the Pepsi bottling plant.

this is just a longer shittier version of my post, thanks

I've said this before but all Troops have these eyes, these eyes of malice coupled with a complete lack of comprehension, like a cow from a steven king novel.
You guys are gonna think these military jokes are real funny when the military overthrows the government and #1 article on Gawker is like "13 Reasons Why, As Much As You Hate To Admit It, Life in a Fascist Oligarchy Is Just Plain Better" and they feed you to the nanopigs
yeah right like there would have to be a military junta for that to happen
it's a tragedy some people took the ending of farcry 2 a bit too personally.

discipline posted:

for real though, 22 per day is a pretty staggering number. at that rate it's like 4 9/11's of only honored soldier veterans every year in america

Kanye West's "Yeezus" Estimated at 500,000 sales... nearly 250 9/11s.

Seven foot four man sets world record for longest arm span, roughly one 65th of a 9.11