I can't think of any "first world feminist" that would be reluctant to condemn this.

If they aren't mentioning it enough, it probably is because the procedure is incredibly rare.

futurewidow posted:
i think dudes picking pretty lady avs is creepy but i don't expect it to change

what do you think about my avatar

is the general assumption that getfiscal's hot gurl avs are okay because they're either classy throwbacks or ironic statements on modern society?
ya bc every knows impossible to be sexist when referencing history or being ironic
[account deactivated]
WHEN WE WANT THE HETERONORMATIVE OPINIONS OF A CISGENDER WE'LL ASK FOR THEM, KHAMSEK
[account deactivated]
woah here, folks. woah. okay

futurewidow posted:

it really helps your popularity

germanjoey posted:

futurewidow posted:

prette catte

discipline posted:
u know what else is rare? beauty pageants

rarity is not in itself an argument for or against a position, but comparative incidence is a relevant factor when attempting to equate two things. for example, the number of women who compete in Miss America is one of many relevant considerations as to why it might or might not be comparable to the rape of nanking

Goethestein was probated until (Dec. 22, 2011 17:49:51) for this post!

gyrofry posted:

germanjoey posted:

futurewidow posted:

prette catte

dogs > cats, forever and ever
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:
steel resserve

good idea

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:
lmao wow literally like goatstein and thug lessons had a babby

man that's really going to fuck up their labia

[account deactivated]
whatever happened to truth to power? the power configuration of modern feminism isnt in the blogs, its in the State Department initiatives, and the NGOs operating from the imperial capital. those obviously focus on such enterprises as victimizing third world women, with a blind spot towards the obverse of FGM, which is indeed plastic surgery. like the obverse of religious fundamentalism is a crude, pagan atheism, which both stem from a hateful site of shame, so is the FGM-plastic surgery axis a crucial contradiction
[account deactivated]
lot of sick logicslams by yours truely itt. bumpin er up

futurewidow posted:

gyrofry posted:

germanjoey posted:

futurewidow posted:

prette catte

rip

[account deactivated]
SCUW doesn't have the same euphonious flow as SCUM and therefore the mutilation of women for aesthetic reasons is aesthetically inferior to the mutilation of men (for whatever reason you could name).

tpaine posted:

i thought this thread would be about lady comedians

*Came here to make a post about sarah silverman*

*reads op*

* backs out of thread slowly*

one of my friends got her breasts enlarged about a month ago. this is the first time ive known a woman in my life to have cosmetic surgery. like its probably pretty likely someone else did but i didnt notice and they didnt tell me or it happened before i met em, but this is the first time ive been aware of it

ive asked her about the swelling/if she was expecting loss of sensation or other side-effects and she was like "teehee you sure have a lot of questions about The Girls". and i realized it was probably pretty wrong for me to be grilling her about them either way

that's my story. this is a strange world we live in

Edited by angelbutt_dollface ()

those were your questions? really? so instead of asking like why she did i t or if she was happy or something, you asked about the physical side effects of the procedure?

ilmdge posted:

those were your questions? really? so instead of asking like why she did i t or if she was happy or something, you asked about the physical side effects of the procedure?

i couldnt think of a way to ask those questions without being a dick or expressing implicit disapproval of her choice and honestly i feel like she probably has enough guys constantly telling her what to do in life if she made that choice to begin with. still, from what she said i have an idea of the answers: she did it because she's kinda starting to worry about her age (she's approaching 30) and she wanted to do something to make herself more attractive to offset the aging process. she's experienced buyers remorse in the immediate aftermath of the procedure but she says its because she "should have gone bigger".

she mentioned that the male doctors she spoke with both advised her to go with bigger breasts than she decided on but the one female doctor just kind of validated her decision to go with the smaller size. she said "i should have listened to the guys". i reassured her that male plastic surgeons are probably skeevy as heck and have extra distorted ideas of what looks good

ilmdge posted:

*accosts acquaintance* Are you happy. Are you happy. No, are you REALLY happy. Are you happy. No are you REALLY? Tell me the truth. Tell me the truth. NO tell me the truth.

lol shes not even thirty. good god yall

stegosaurus posted:

she dates older cops and soldiers mostly. which, i think tells you something about her self-esteem

sure when a woman gets breast implants everyone's worried about self esteem and feelings. but when a man buys a penis pump everyone on the bus gets mad.
Old Cops And Soldiers is my neo-folk bands name.

angelbutt_dollface posted:

stegosaurus posted:

she dates older cops and soldiers mostly. which, i think tells you something about her self-esteem

tell us more about "damaged women" oh enlightened male

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

fuck off. electing and paying several thousand dollars to go under general anesthesia and get bags of filler shoved in your chest is never an emotionally healthy decision

[account deactivated]