he IWC were you one of the aussie posters who got into a huge drawn out argument with me and a couple other ppl about that KFC commercial where the white dude busts out a box of chicken in the middle of an all black crowd and all the Australians were like "i see no problem with this commercial. we do not have the fried chicken racist stereotype in australia."

Groulxsmith posted:
do your cohorts conceive of americans more as slovenly & crass suburbanites or incoherent people of color from ghettos most dark

I explained to them that the 3 million Americans would be a proportional demographics.

So it’s not really the few black people they are worried about (one even said “yeah Sydney could do with a few more blacks actually”) but the hordes of john-deere-hatted creationists.

syndeysiders are a bunch of libby fags
do ppl actually say "sydneysiders"

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
he IWC were you one of the aussie posters who got into a huge drawn out argument with me and a couple other ppl about that KFC commercial where the white dude busts out a box of chicken in the middle of an all black crowd and all the Australians were like "i see no problem with this commercial. we do not have the fried chicken racist stereotype in australia."

My problem is primarily that you as leftists were trying to enforce the hegemony of American cultural history and values

The black people in the video were West Indians and if they got upset I would listen to them but given that we have our own bilateral relationship with them, largely based on a sport that you neither care about nor understand, I resent this cultural imperialism dressed up under the guise of anti-racist outrage.

Besides, who doesn't love fried chicken?

babyfinland posted:
do ppl actually say "sydneysiders"

Yep, that's the proper word for people from Sydney, i'm a proud Sydneysider.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Yeah but the thing was I and most of the other people weren't saying it was the FRIED CHICKEN that was racist. That was probably the least racist part of the commercial...
Seriously lol if you even try to deny that a commercial where a bunch of white Australians made a dude sitting in the middle of a giant crowd of west indian fans as perceived by australians is going to be fundamentally racist
DBL POST OMG
[account deactivated]
the key word there is fun-damentally
hahah yeah, calm down mate its all in good fun. any cunt can see its just a bit of cricket rivalry humor..
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Free Mumia. Free Peltier. Free Assange. Free the woman who got her baby eaten by a dingo

discipline posted:
Please don't use the "C" word here I am NOT a funfem

oi dont impos american culture on australia. you are out of your element

discipline posted:
I'm glad you are here to clear things up IWC can you tell us more about

Yes we used to have a white Australia policy of allowing only white people into the country. This was changed and now our cities our vibrantly multi-ethnic.

Racism is still around but isn’t as much of a problem as it used to be, which is why so many non-whites want to come here!

discipline posted:
Can you also C/D that Australia did not count indigenous people on the census until the 1970s

1967 and yes it's true and absolutely appalling.

[account deactivated]

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
Yeah but the thing was I and most of the other people weren't saying it was the FRIED CHICKEN that was racist. That was probably the least racist part of the commercial...

Sharing chicken with people is racist? Cricket is racist?

Like I said if west Indians had a problem then i'd listen to it, but why are you yanks getting so outraged and upset by it. It's like a bunch of Poles getting upset about an add that makes a joke about Serbs, weird.

[account deactivated]

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
lol yeah bc this is the kind of music you want played at your wedding im sure
http://soundcloud.com/mountainminor/drunken-hiccups-one-take-demo

Thats badas, That your a cracka, and your moving here to austin on saturday, I need more white friends, diversity ftw

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
hahah yeah, calm down mate its all in good fun. any cunt can see its just a bit of cricket rivalry humor..

Yes exactly. I know the little Monroe Doctrine in your head doesn't want us fraternizing with "your" black people in the Caribbean but we have our own form of relationship with them that doesn't involve yanks.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
Free Mumia. Free Peltier. Free Assange. Free the woman who got her baby eaten by a dingo

Lindy Chamberlain, she has been free for quite a while

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i think its the associate it with birth rates

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Like I said if west Indians had a problem then i'd listen to it, but why are you yanks getting so outraged and upset by it. It's like a bunch of Poles getting upset about an add that makes a joke about Serbs, weird.

You're just trolling / being intentionally obtuse but I don't see why. Mick from Classic Catches (I do understand cricket you jerk!) is sitting there acting 'civilized' and 'normal,' and he is feeling negative emotions towards black people – who are enjoying unique culture and watching the cricket match in their own way. Mick uses the chicken to assimilate and ‘civilise’ the blacks so they’re more like whites.

discipline posted:
Do you think that's why they want to come live there? Or is it economic? I heard multiculturalism was introduced right around when they experienced a labor shortage in the 70s and all the women and poor whites got promoted so Asians could come work in the car factories

ASians have never worked en masses in the car industry, I don't know where you're getting that from. But sure, there were economic and political reasons that we abandoned the white australia policy in the early 70s. A lot bought about by Gough Whitlam, the best PM we ever had until he was fired by the queen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gough_whitlam

Mick knows the solution to raucous brown people disturbing his enjoyment of a Good Anglo Sport. The box w/ the kindly old white man on it!

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

You're just trolling / being intentionally obtuse but I don't see why. Mick from Classic Catches (I do understand cricket you jerk!) is sitting there acting 'civilized' and 'normal,' and he is feeling negative emotions towards black people – who are enjoying unique culture and watching the cricket match in their own way. Mick uses the chicken to assimilate and ‘civilise’ the blacks so they’re more like whites.

No he doesn't, he's just a bit annoyed he got put in the Windie's section of the stand because it's harder to cheer on the Aussies from there. And where in the ad does he "civilize" the blacks, honestly the shit you guys read into stuff sometimes.

hmmm so he wants the 'Windies' to shut up so he can cheer for Australia uninterrupted? ok, not racist.

discipline posted:
It was sort of funny actually listening to this lecture about how it was seen as this White Outpost among the yellow peril made me think of Israel a whole heckuvalot

What class is this?

And yeah if we tried to stop the yellow peril then we failed pretty bad, they make up 18% of greater Sydney

[account deactivated]
Gosh. Maybe I should have considered not using time-honored analysis of racist depictions of browns by people from the ANglo cultural tradition and just realized that I am WRONg and READ INTO THINGS 2 MUCh. Shit, woulda saved me a lot of time!

lol seriously IWC you need to learn when to draw the line and not just go straight to retarded lungfish/goatstein levels of contrarian trolling young padaw4n

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
hmmm so he wants the 'Windies' to shut up so he can cheer for Australia uninterrupted? ok, not racist.

Cheering for a national team: Racist

And the fact you put "Windies" in square quotes shows you're not qualified to talk about cricket sorry.

discipline posted:
Can someone post the ad in question? My lecture was taught by an Australian (it was about migration patterns to Australia)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FftZt-Dw_hQ

Cool class, I can give you some pretty legit information and point you in the right direction if you need any info

I know what windies is i was just making a joek because of the fact that you're denying something which is p obviously racist is racist so im calling u a racist
*crickets*