this is the commercial T-money:

like i said the chicken is the least racist part
A lone white man sits amongst a sea of black faces. "Need a tip for when you're stuck in an awkward situation?" Only through the lense of American Cultural Imperialism could such a scene appear racist.
@candyisc00l - Anyone can experince racism. This ad is not racist and does not have racist undertones. Unless you're a cricket fan you have not experienced what is being portrayed. Thanks for the ignorant input. Fail.
bvwcad 58 minutes ago

gyrofry posted:
*crickets*

Unless you have PhD in both Cricket and West Indian-Australian Studies please refrain from making judgement on this obviously racist advert

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
I know what windies is i was just making a joek because of the fact that you're denying something which is p obviously racist is racist so im calling u a racist

Well I’ll wait until I hear from the people actually depicted in the ad rather than a bunch of Americans to complaining thanks. I think that the Redskins is a pretty offensive name but it’s not my place to bleat and cry about that.

Not sure how you didn’t get the message after the 20th century, but Yanquii go home basically.

at least in the US you would have a few token white or non-black people on the other team so it wouldn't seem like they're a white couple uncomfortable being surrounded by non-whites
Im black and thats some racist ass shit, cracka
why is it not your place to decry the name 'redskins/"

p.s. i first heard about this commercial not thru lf but thru a friend of mine from trinidad who said the exact same thing i do

vampirarchist posted:
at least in the US you would have a few token white or non-black people on the other team so it wouldn't seem like they're a white couple uncomfortable being surrounded by non-whites

Oh my God are you serious: They’re the fucking West Indian cricket team, of course their supporters are going to be made up of black people.

I know it's hard for the US to conceive of playing sports against other countries when they call their domestic competitions the "World Series" but seriously man, come on.

is vanguardism just another form of white man's burden
The reason why it’s so annoying is that there are all sorts of real, shameful accusations you can make against Australian racism (and discipline has been doing that) but you lazily reach for a second-hand outrage given to you by the TV that is completely and utterly irrelevant to the actual experiences of race in this country.
Vampirachrists post was retarded but so are yours. I'm not 'outraged' I'm just saying there was a very noticeable racist element in that commercial. I find it strange that you seem unwilling to notice this apparently because it's not an American sport? As if cricket and Australias relationship with the West Indians via cricket is completely divorced of the racist history that Australia has as a former part of the British empire and as an independent nation...

Obviously there are other far more important issues i just find this sort of willful cognitive dissonance to be strange
Ahaha if there's ONE thing we can learn from international cricket and football competition it is that sports transcend the traditional racist relationship betwene Anglo peoples and nonwhites

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
Ahaha if there's ONE thing we can learn from international cricket and football competition it is that sports transcend the traditional racist relationship betwene Anglo peoples and nonwhites

It does, quite a lot really. All the sports Americans watch are insular. Our main competitors in our most favourite sport are India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, South Africa, England and the West Indies. If you've got any evidence about the shocking racism of international cricket i'd like to hear it.

american football is the only popular sport in the usa that does not have a significant foreign presence

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
Vampirachrists post was retarded but so are yours. I'm not 'outraged' I'm just saying there was a very noticeable racist element in that commercial. I find it strange that you seem unwilling to notice this apparently because it's not an American sport? As if cricket and Australias relationship with the West Indians via cricket is completely divorced of the racist history that Australia has as a former part of the British empire and as an independent nation...

Obviously there are other far more important issues i just find this sort of willful cognitive dissonance to be strange

But the primary historical relationship we have with the west Indies is cricket, not slavery or racism.

Ok as a preface to this, do you believe there is institutionalized racism present in Cricket Australia?
There is no racism in international cricket. The ICC has NEVER begun any investigations regarding racist incidents for teams visiting Australia... oh wait...

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
Ok as a preface to this, do you believe there is institutionalized racism present in Cricket Australia?

Possibly, I don't know. All i know is that international cricket is gracious accusations of racism are taken very very seriously.

I can't believe you're honestly pursuing cricket as symbolic of our national racism when the OP herself is talking about us putting humans in zoos.
Check out this century warner got V India the other day it was wild.

OK well apparently you don't know what you are talking about because there have been investigations by the ICC into racism against South Africans and many others within the last like 10 years. So it's been established you are just talking shit and have no actual idea about the reality of the situation. Fly awya trolL!

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
OK well apparently you don't know what you are talking about because there have been investigations by the ICC into racism against South Africans and many others within the last like 10 years. So it's been established you are just talking shit and have no actual idea about the reality of the situation. Fly awya trolL!

What the fuck does South Africa have to do with this?

I'll be happy to engage you on Australian racism if you find something less fatuous than a chicken ad to discuss.

discipline posted:
The Proposition is one of my favorite contemporary films

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh and Discipline our Prime Minister......is an atheist

almost worse than our racism
I'm talking about racism directed against South African players visiting Australia. Specifically players being called 'caffers,' the south african director or whatever getting punched in the face, monkey chants, a dude from sri lanka i think being called a nigger cunt (lol wut) and all the various other racist things that Australians have done to black/brown ppl the y encounter in international cricket, including making a racist commercial about them

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

[account deactivated]
one time i saw a dude in berlin cross the street just to tell a black dude, 'caffer go home' it was super fucked up probably one of the most ridiculous racist things ive seen irl and im from the South.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
I'm talking about racism directed against South African players visiting Africa. Specifically players being called 'caffers,' the south african director or whatever getting punched in the face, monkey chants, a dude from sri lanka i think being called a nigger cunt (lol wut) and all the various other racist things that Australians have done to black/brown ppl the y encounter in international cricket, including making a racist commercial about them

I'm presuming you mean Australian players visiting South Africa.

You got any sources there?

discipline posted:

futurewidow posted:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why this siren call

i usually love westerns but i was p disappointed by that one

no i mean south american players visiting australia and my source is international cricket news and ICC politics from the last 5-6 years which you apparently know nothing about
Which South American players? What South American country is sending cricketers here?
hahahah wow. you know what i mean be0tch. south african.
Hmmm I wonder why so many countries in the world might resent human rights lectures from a country that confuses nations and continents separated by entire oceans. When you do learn where a country is it’s only because you’re bombing it.
America is racist against all the Saudis seeping through their western border from Paraguay!!!!

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
Hmmm I wonder why so many countries in the world might resent human rights lectures from a country that confuses nations and continents separated by entire oceans. When you do learn where a country is it’s only because you’re bombing it.

i love you iwc

we're coming up to Straya day so her'es a primer on how to celebrate

The abo is a worthless stone age ape. They always lived as animals and still do. There's no point building houses for these coons when they lived in the dirt for tens of thousands of years. They're savages.
thethrowaway1000 2 weeks ago

Antimony posted:

The abo is a worthless stone age ape. They always lived as animals and still do. There's no point building houses for these coons when they lived in the dirt for tens of thousands of years. They're savages.
thethrowaway1000 2 weeks ago

is "first australians" a term in common use? also the contracting system whereby you have to be a certified carpenter to build a house or whatever is terrible