http://kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/2012/01/30/15723.shtml
Militant source, do not click link if you live in the US or Europe

Irish actor Liam Neeson says he is thinking about becoming a Muslim after undergoing a spiritual awakening in Turkey, writes Stonegate Institute.

Neeson, who was born into a Roman Catholic family in Ballymena, Northern Ireland, told the London-based newspaper The Sun that he was impressed by the religious atmosphere in Istanbul while filming a movie in the city.

The Islamic call to prayer happens five times a day, and for the first week, it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit, and it's the most beautiful, beautiful thing. There are 4,000 mosques in the city. Some are just stunning, and it really makes me think about becoming a Muslim".

Neeson is just one of hundreds of thousands of Europeans who are trading their Christian heritage for the supposed exoticism of Islam. The surge in conversions is contributing to the mainstreaming of Islam in Europe and contributing to the Islamization of the continent, writes Stonegate Institute.

In Britain, the number of Muslim converts recently passed the 100,000 mark, according to a survey conducted by an inter-faith group called Faith Matters. The survey revealed that nearly two thirds of the converts were women, more than 70% were white and the average age at conversion was just 27.

The survey, conducted by Kevin Brice from Swansea University in Wales, asked converts for their views on the negative aspects of British culture. They identified alcohol and drunkenness, a "lack of morality and sexual permissiveness" and "unrestrained consumerism".

More than one in four acknowledged there was a "natural conflict" between being a devout Muslim and living in Britain. Nine out of ten women converts said their change of religion had led to them dressing more conservatively. More than half started wearing a head scarf and 5% had worn the burka.

One of the more prominent Britons to convert to Islam is Lauren Booth, sister-in-law of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Booth now wears a hijab head covering whenever she leaves her home and prays five times a day.

In the Franken Reich, an estimated 70,000 French citizens have converted to Islam in recent years, according to a report by France 3 public television. As in Britain, the majority of converts to Islam in France are young women who say they are disenchanted with materialism.

Conversions to Islam are also rife in Austria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Luxembourg, Norway (and here and here), Poland, Portugal and Spain, states Stonegate Institute.

In Italy, Ambassador Alfredo Maiolese, an Italian MP, recently became a Muslim and now dedicates his time trying to improving the image of Islam in the West.

In Sweden, there are now at least 5,000 converts to Islam.

In Germany, at least 20,000 people have converted to Islam in recent years, according to a report by RTL television. Some of these converts are playing a growing role in jihad in Germany.

According to Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble,

"This trend has taken on a very threatening quality toward our security, and while not every convert is a potential terrorist, we are facing a sort of homegrown terrorism that has sprouted in our own backyard"

Many European coverts to Islam on fact become vastly more pious than Muslims who were born into Islam, notes Stonegate Institute. And many of them become "radical".

In Belgium, for example, Muriel Degauque, a woman from Charleroi and a convert to Islam, committed a martyr car bomb attack in November 2005 against American aggressors in Iraq. A bakery worker, Degaugue had married a Muslim man and left for Jihad.

In Switzerland, young converts to Islam are a potential threat to the country's security, according to Alard du Bois-Reymond, who was head of the Swiss Migration Office.

Du Bois-Reymond told the German-language newspaper NZZ am Sonntag that Swiss converts include people who want a "radically different society" and are "resistant to dialogue".

Also in Switzerland, Daniel Streich, a famous Islamophobe of Switzerland, former member of the Swiss People's Party (SVP), which campaigned against the construction of minarets for mosques, converted to Islam. He now says Switzerland needs more mosques.

[account deactivated]
the Franken Reich
good use of tagging IMO
muslim converts in hungary, lmao

i'm pretty sure you could count the number of muslims in hungary on one hand
i completely emphasise, i dont think its really about the intrinsic qualities of islam or even its exoticness, its just that with the lack of a totalising narrative in postmodern society people need an Idea, they need something in which to subsume their Will, they need to escape the tyranny of their selves. we need a great lie, a bolder and more beautiful lie than islam, if we are to smash capitalism. obedience is freedom
at least 3 posters of THIS very forum have converted to islam, so it is clearly a belief system which resonates with the more dangerous elements of our society
i had a weird thought the other day that Narrative is simply a placeholder for God
actually its the phallus
god, phallus, narrative, whatever..... its the master-signifier and we need it
my dick is literally god, it is my objet petit a, it is attached to my torso and yet i can never truly possess it

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
at least 3 posters of THIS very forum have converted to islam, so it is clearly a belief system which resonates with the more dangerous elements of our society

i've considered converting to islam, and maybe i will.

i wouldn't consider myself dangerous though, i'm rather quite docile, except when it's closing time at old country buffet and the last plate of chicken fries gets served up. look out, because this big boy isn't stopping for anything in his path. believe it!

you should convert to islam.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
you should convert to islam.

i said i was considering it, sheesh, don't pressure me, man.

the period of time when i posted on LF as 'hippiekiller666' and all i did was c/p Kavkaz Center articles into OPs and then get screamed at by every jewish ally iberal was def one of my favorite times posting on SA after helldump ended

AmericanNazbro posted:
i said i was considering it, sheesh, don't pressure me, man.

no pressure, just sayin'

Whenever the membranes of the egg in which the foetus emerges on its way to becoming a new-born are broken, imagine for a moment that something flies off, and that one can do it with an egg as easily as with a man, namely the hommelette, or the lamella. The lamella is something extra-flat, which moves like the amoeba. It is just a little more complicated. But it goes everywhere. And as it is something - I will tell you shortly why - that is related to what the sexed being loses in sexuality, it is, like the amoeba in relation to sexed beings, immortal - because it survives any division, and scissiparous intervention. And it can turn around. Well! This is not very reassuring. But suppose it comes and envelopes your face while you are quietly asleep... I can't see how we would not join battle with a being capable of these properties. But it would not be a very convenient battle. This lamella, this organ, whose characteristic is not to exist, but which is nevertheless an organ - I can give you more details as to its zoological place - is the libido. It is the libido, qua pure life instinct, that is to say, immortal life, irrepressible life, life that has need of no organ, simplified, indestructible life. It is precisely what is subtracted from the living being by virtue of the fact that it is subject to the cycle of sexed reproduction. And it is of this that all the forms of the objet a that can be enumerated are the representatives, the equivalents.
I remember hippiekiller666 lol
good times
20000 people in a country the size of Germany is nothing. You probably have 10 times that number becoming atheist every year
ive been watching mad men & its funny how after 20 episodes of meditation on gender relations the one minor black character is quietly dropped and never mentioned again. my theory is that its because the kind of institutional sexism depicted in the show has for the most part ended, so we can happily laugh about it from the smug comfort of our enlightened present, whereas people of colour are still routinely facing systemic discrimination. the show had a chance to carry out some incisive social commentary, and it baulked. nice going
i will never watch mad men because it looks mad boring
typical lf.. everyone just responds with one sentence 'post name of user hippiekiller666' replies instead of engaging the antisemitic, paranoid, badly translated content of my posts!
that was you. lol
lets talk about spartacus: vengeance. personally, i think it owns. slaughtering johns, freeing slaves, killing expropriators of labour, the problems of building a communitarian society, the thanatos of oenemaeus, awesome
the other day i was at a bar and my 'common sense liberal' type friend was talking about the israeli lobby and i started calling him a bigot and saying that conspiracy theories about jewish cabals controlling things from behind the scenes is a common trope of antisemitism and then my CRIMETHINC anarchist buddy who devours Dr. Frankelstein books and reads Al-Akhbar a lot caught on and started calling him antisemitic too and my friend looked all confused and then got very defensive and was like 'what no im not an antisemite!' and started trying to explain himself all frantically it was p funny
wanna hear some more opinions about islam. enjyoed the ones already posted, would like some more. keep it coming gents
opinions from british and or jewish and or communist "persons" especially

babyfinland posted:

agreed pale scandinavian nerds are the best source for information on islam

maybe not but tanned aryan hipsters certainly are, so: Islam owns.

elemennop posted:

babyfinland posted:

agreed

babyfinland posted:

elemennop posted:

babyfinland posted:

agreed

Uh-greed

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
the other day i was at a bar and my 'common sense liberal' type friend was talking about the israeli lobby and i started calling him a bigot and saying that conspiracy theories about jewish cabals controlling things from behind the scenes is a common trope of antisemitism and then my CRIMETHINC anarchist buddy who devours Dr. Frankelstein books and reads Al-Akhbar a lot caught on and started calling him antisemitic too and my friend looked all confused and then got very defensive and was like 'what no im not an antisemite!' and started trying to explain himself all frantically it was p funny

>:[

so a common sense liberal a black bloc crimeTHINC anarchist and an adult convert to islam hipster communist walk into a bar...
Spoiler!

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

lmao at old fat paolo-coelho reading divorcees who go on cheap holidays to turkey several times and bribe seventeen year old boys into sleeping with them and then run out of money and claim to be Sufis and demonstrate this by a deep and abiding interest in kaballah and really bad translations of rumi
i hear theyre gonna install these in all the public restrooms in europe

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
so a common sense liberal a black bloc crimeTHINC anarchist and an adult convert to islam hipster communist walk into a bar...
Spoiler!

i like it, mom says its psychologically taut

TG posted:

omg

I was in switzerland hiking over the summer and one day I met this older swiss couple on the trail, and we got to talking, and I asked them about the minaret ban within the first five minutes or so of the conversation. Immediately the husband (the only one who could speak english I think) made a kind of scoffing noise and said "we, and our friends, all artists and teachers and so forth, we were all against it. it's totally wrong. besides, we want those people here so they can work for us." Then he went back to talking about how annoying it is that in his lifetime (he was in his 50s or so) he's seen all of western europe turn into america, and how ironic it was. I nodded solemnly and intoned, as we rounded a bend into a pristine mountain meadow with deer frolicking freely in the mist of the early morning, "A dark Irony, Indeed."

TG posted:

this is actually uniquely well-suited for saudi arabia as they're going to have more oil than they do fresh water pretty soon lmao. build computers to save water!!