[account deactivated]
the album computer games is great and includes the hit track atomic dog which was later sampled by several hip hop artists during the g-funk era
(In tears voice) nice. I'll listen to g funk era right now.

toyotathon posted:

real question has there ever been a game about fighting in a people's war

completely forgot that Hezbollah made Special Forces 2 in 2007 based on CryEngine

p.s - petrol where can i stream GCCX?

Edited by slipdisco ()

slipdisco posted:

p.s - petrol where can i stream GCCX?

gamingcx.com/p/gccx-videos.html but make sure you have real good ad blockers (i use ublock origin). otherwise you can torrent stuff at nyaa.si

the red army against the whites are two maps in the new battlefield 1 expansion. pretty decent.
I just played fire watch--it was a bit too short and there were some red herrings but I really enjoyed it and wish there were more games like it. I would play the shit out of a Half Life game where the resonance cascade never happens and Gordon Freeman just navigates a banal work day
[account deactivated]

rolaids posted:

I just played fire watch--it was a bit too short and there were some red herrings but I really enjoyed it and wish there were more games like it. I would play the shit out of a Half Life game where the resonance cascade never happens and Gordon Freeman just navigates a banal work day

Firewatch was cool. It was the first game i played in a long time that resembled more a novel than a game and for those who don't mind being strung along an unabashedly linear plot, that lack of investment in a fancy engine leaves room for a great story and immersive voice acting that you wouldn't find in a commercial game if you rummaged through the entirety of the source code with a rake

Gone home is also good, it's way more linear and so low budget that you're basically just reading notes and looking at pictures the whole time but the voice acting is on par with Firewatch.

parabolart posted:

Firewatch was cool. It was the first game i played in a long time that resembled more a novel than a game

i feel like i'd just prefer to read a novel if thats the case

mediumpig posted:

It would be fun if a waste of effort to have strategy games from a people's perspective, though maybe that's fundamentally impossible. "The pinnacle of grand strategy" EU4 models rebels of all stripes as a nuisance that pops up when you conquer other cultures or religions. Though you can let revolutionary rebels sack your capital in order to give you better bonuses for imperial conquest.

Are there any strategy games that are more ground up or at least give non-state actors a bit more nuance? I wonder, I'm pretty or of touch with games now

i design this game in my head sometimes. it needs to happen. the foundational concept of eu4 is the state, obviously, the entire thing is looking at a map, it's a total reification of westphalian nationalism across all history completely blotting out people-as-actors. at least Victoria has population units, but it basically just retells the myths of modern economics & classical liberalism. i absolutely think that a Paradox-inspired game could be made with social organization(s) as the foundational concept, and i sincerely want to give it a try sometime because i have a feeling that games can actually be really effective at communicating complex messages about systems to people in an intuitive way

speaking of which, i haven't actually played this yet, but i have heard/read this is really great (both playing and story-wise), and also i notice the game mechanics tried to reinvent the strategy game without capital accumulation. also, cute animals:
http://www.toothandtailgame.com/

Edited by drwhat ()

I am still playing my mini snes. I have been almost completing games i remember from my childhood, like super mario world and zelda link to the past, and then putting off the final boss battle. Not sure why. Anyway, my buddy with a Switch is coming to visit again, last time i got to play breath of the wild, this time i can try mario odyssey, i know im going to love it and want a switch but i will have to wait probably at least a year til they discount them and i have some money saved.
Whichever youtuber becomes the next US prez is going to sell war with Iran via Total War Let's Plays.
VIDEO GAMES
[account deactivated]
Mario odyssey is really good and one day i am goig to get a switch.

tears posted:

VIDEO GAMES

same

[account deactivated]
yes.
[account deactivated]
the name refers to how you can switch yourself on to great gamer experiences with your favorite titles
[account deactivated]
by jobe that's just crazy enough to work!
[account deactivated]
uhhh did you just assume
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Maoist Bison
FADE IN:

INT. BASEMENT - DAY/NIGHT/???

CLARENCE sits in front of a computer surrounded by empty, crumpled Cheetos packets.
He is muttering to himself as he types, flecks of spittle at the corners of his mouth.

CLARENCE: (muttering) gender gender gender gendER GENDERRRR!!!!! KAMEHAMEHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

A banging noise comes from the basement ceiling.

CLARENCE'S MOTHER: Keep it down, kid! I'm tryin' to watch my stories!

CLARENCE: I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

sub zero repeatedly identifies as male, idiot. if you'd played the games you'd hear him refer to HIMself as lin kuei and NOT as a ninja or a female or intersexed. jesus fucking christ.

so i didnt know that was the case get off my back fussbudget.

[account deactivated]
no you know what it's not okay. it's not
i am fully capable of drawing my own conclusions on Sub Zero and the sub zero canon
[account deactivated]
don't even get me started on toxic. great track, career reviving video that's pretty much all i need to say.
there are better forums than this one if you just want to riff about gender all day tuppins. Try /pol/ or /r/jordanpeterson