it was at my friends house, I think it was too complex for the both of us.
like, I put my hand where? and whats the tissue supposed to be for
[account deactivated]
I've been thinking about it recently because I'm playing dark souls. I think if I were to go back to it today I would appreciate it more but at the time I was confused and didnt get much out of it
Isn't Vagrant Story some sort of Japanese game? Japanese people should be banned from producing video games.
[account deactivated]
i thought you said that there are enormous fags dedicated to armoires and whip in grafting cis tim's. guess not cya later

stegosaurus posted:

UYD is pretty great but man does seeing the videos make me like them less

did anyone actually get a job yet
don't do it
yeh man got a job it rules you gotta get up early and go to bed late aww yeah
Jobs are hard! But it's all worth it come pay day! Whoo boy!
[account deactivated]

Meursault posted:

Jobs are hard! But it's all worth it come pay day! Whoo boy!

got my check today and apparently i got a 20 cent an hour pay raise from the minimum wage wahooooooo i am now a class enemy

[account deactivated]
who wants money
at least i live in the city that has the highest minimum wage of, like, anywhere, i think?

but then again i pay $700 a month for a room in a shitty part of the city
[account deactivated]
it's $10.24 in SF
fortunately i get tips, but all that goes to alcohol, you cant live here without spending all your disposable income at bars, it's mandatory
[account deactivated]
it's about $15 here,

aedrill i was going to say i don't see how poor people can afford SF rents on $10 an hour but i guess that's the whole idea
san fran is weird, i stayed near the tenderloin and it's sorta like uptown on crack
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

animedad posted:

san fran is weird, i stayed near the tenderloin and it's sorta like uptown on crack

which is funny considering how much crack there is uptown near the civic center

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

haha min wage here is 7.6something

yeah

I make 9

[account deactivated]
i know lots of people who just live in oakland and commute to the city because even after getting mugged twice every six months its still cheaper than rent here
now thats paper
i once had a job doing phone work that paid $14 an hour and it was criminally easy but work makes my brain meltdown so i started doing accents on the phone and such and they didn't take kindly to that
I'd probably kill myself if I had to answer phones all dday
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Meursault posted:

tpaine posted:

haha min wage here is 7.6something

yeah

I make 9

i make more than that. check and mate? fucker?

no you dont

[account deactivated]

Meursault posted:

I'd probably kill myself if I had to answer phones all dday

the job that "broke" me, like where i started getting panic attacks at work which were so terrible i ended up just leaving my key and a letter on a desk and never talking to the manager again, was actually a job that sounds pretty easy. i was an intern at a tiny NGO that basically did nothing of value. $10 hour / 35 hour weeks.

but like being managed and monitored and criticized and shit in a dumb organization made me flip out i guess. although i was also going to school full-time at nights which was a bad compounding factor.

this is part of why i want to find a way to build a project for myself and then sort of build work into it rather than just taking whatever job. because if i can build discipline into things i'm somewhat interested in then i can probably contribute a lot more than if i'm just putting myself back into a situation where i'll flip out.

have you considered becoming a blogger for the new inquiry

aerdil posted:

have you considered becoming a blogger for the new inquiry

i sort of want to find a way to move to cuba and then become a minor bureaucrat within the planning ministry before liberty returns. i mean it sounds so perfectly absurd that it almost has to happen. it's like when your friend shows up in a van and yells "road trip". sometimes you gotta go on the road trip. sometimes you gotta fly to havana and push paper.