Lessons posted:
because SARS, a similar illness with a similar fatality rate, originated in China but quickly spread to Canada and possibly the United States. inequality does not stop the spread of communicable disease.

lol are you serious? is this a serious post?

Spoiler!

babyfinland posted:
the military makes stupid shit all the time because its an inefficient profit driven industry

sure but secret illegal bioweapons stretch the limits of credulity more than the f-22 or the osprey

Lessons posted:

babyfinland posted:
the military makes stupid shit all the time because its an inefficient profit driven industry

sure but secret illegal bioweapons stretch the limits of credulity more than the f-22 or the osprey

what if they also developed an antidote and have been secretly stockpiling it at underground bunkers across the fruited plain

DRUXXX posted:

Lessons posted:
because SARS, a similar illness with a similar fatality rate, originated in China but quickly spread to Canada and possibly the United States. inequality does not stop the spread of communicable disease.

lol are you serious? is this a serious post?

the poor countries get it worse because more people die/number infected not because more people get infected

no kidding it's worse for poor countries. that still doesn't make it in US interests. a nuclear holocaust would be worse for poor countries.

i imagine there's some kind of tie in between this conversation and like the stand and the ghost in teh shell movie and stuff / what zizek says about how we can imagine the end of civilization but not the end of capitalism which someone smarter than me could maybe come up with

Lessons posted:
no kidding it's worse for poor countries. that still doesn't make it in US interests. a nuclear holocaust would be worse for poor countries.

ya we've established that it wouldn't 'be in the usas interest.' as you said neither is a nuclear holocaust but that didnt stop usa from making nuclear weapons

edit: basically if you really think making something which gives the usa the ability to threaten a sort of 'mutually assured everyone gets sick as fuk' type thing to try and maintain power then you much be naive

DRUXXX posted:
ya we've established that it wouldn't 'be in the usas interest.' as you said neither is a nuclear holocaust but that didnt stop usa from making nuclear weapons

edit: basically if you really think making something which gives the usa the ability to threaten a sort of 'mutually assured everyone gets sick as fuk' type thing to try and maintain power then you much be naive

the US developed nuclear weapons when they were usable. and then they used them. they maintain them to maintain a strategic advantage. there would be no strategic advantage in developing secret biological weapons (see: doomsday device in the stanley kubrick movie). especially when you already have nukes. get a brain moran.

Lessons posted:

Crow posted:
]just because it wouldn't be deployed doesn't mean it wouldn't be manufactured?

it seems unlikely the military would manufacture an unusable weapon, though i suppose it's possible. if they did, it's more idiotic than sinister.

Its still an extremely bad thing to come up with, why would our unequally-structured world make you think that it couldn't be used?

i wasnt saying inequality doesnt contribute to the spread of disease. no, in fact i meant it is exactly the inequality that makes it not only possible that the virus will spread more quickly, but also much more likely the virus would actually be developed and used in the first place

how about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_biological_weapons_program ? do you think that factions of a dying racist empire would not be more likely to use such weapons? and why wouldn't they be developed in the first place? if you want to see the sort of self-destructive contradiction 'US interests' have become, just look at the warmongering for Iran.

Lessons posted:
DRUXXX posted:

the US developed nuclear weapons when they were usable. and then they used them. they maintain them to maintain a strategic advantage. there would be no strategic advantage in developing secret biological weapons (see: doomsday device in the stanley kubrick movie). especially when you already have nukes. get a brain moran.

it is an open secret that both the United States and the Soviet Union were developing secret biological and chemical weapons. do you know how biological and chemical weapons are manufactured? especially in the case of biological weapons, the results are often unpredictable

edit: plus, nukes were developed when they didnt have nuclear-holocaust powers, but that didnt stop the development veering into its present direction of the capability of annihilating humanity. these biological weapons dont have to start as world killers. lord.

ready 2 die
i dont wana live no mo. fucking kill me already. what are u waiting for. seriously waht are they waiting for???
i'm too drunk for this crow. maybe tomorrow.

Lessons posted:

yeah they 'developed' nuclear weapons just like they are 'develop'ing these chemical weapons. nuclear weapons didn't start off perfect.

edit: beaten by crow

WOW fuckin agent provocateur. "The military didnt do this. no evidence"

Crow posted:

this, from the man who called the Soviet Union "a dying racist empire". Wow.

the world can breath heavy after the defeat of saddam and the eventual downfall of iran and north korea to the power freedom and democracy because no one will every make chemical/biological weapons again

Lessons posted:
Crow posted:

i was talking about america lol

I didn't realize that.
okay, apparently this forum doesn't even support sarcasm tags. jesus christ.

Lessons posted:
okay, apparently this forum doesn't even support sarcasm tags. jesus christ.

kinda fucked up if you think about it. but yeah i was saying dont you think america would be MORE likely to develop and use these weapons than the glorious nation for benefit of soviet peoples?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._intelligence_involvement_with_German_and_Japanese_war_criminals_after_World_War_II , like, y'know? if they recruit leaders of the infamous Unit 731, where do they stop?

e: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Study_Memorandum_200 wow lol

i'm going to start calling population control people Kissingerists. Kissingerists. i'm going to have to practice saying that

Edited by Crow ()

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
yeah armies have big-ass stockpiles of biological doomsday weapons and they will never use them, the people in charge are moronic as hell but theyre also moronic in different ways from people who post on the internet
hey deadken is that hunchback in ur avatar like a dude whos music u listen to or do u just think he looks funny?
both
actually its me irl, i am mark e smith, posting at the rhizzone
[account deactivated]
i should have known that dude was the singer from the fall he looks like the physical embodiment of his vocals

Lessons posted:

Crow posted:

thats true

babyfinland posted:
Lessons posted:
Crow posted:

thats true

certum est quia impossibile

actually its not true. the military DID do it. the soviet union is already dead. and i didnt call it that. and certum est NA QUIA impossibile.

thats also true. lots of truth itt, reminder to upvote your favorite posts.
Very true music
adam and joe are a pair of incredibly shit losers who were vaguely famous in the 90s, but this is beautiful

wrt development of biological weapons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shir%C5%8D_Ishii#Immunity
Immune System Booster.
2 cups of water.
1 tsp. echinacea root.
½ tsp. chamomile leaves.
½ tsp. shizandra berries.
½ tsp. peppermint leaves.
as much garlic as you can stomach.
[account deactivated]
hey OP, to answer your question i think it's a good thing because it will tangibly result in more video montages of U.S. missiles and planes flying in slow motion to the background of drowning pool's let the bodies hit the floor