three characters all of which are aspects of the same inner voice, at least one of which is just a beard for your own thoughts about dicks, there are no female characters in these extracts, not even a void where character might be, youve just created ciphers through whom you can explore your own sexual corridors which are uncomfortable in their unintended implications towards (sex/women/power). having said that I know nothing of calvinism which you mentioned on the 'deep so im sure a lot is flying like whoosh oer me

above is personal taste city obv, when i read literature i want to take shelter in the writers headspace but im readin this and im whimperin, scrapin at the door, let me out, let me out of this headspace!
cool story: the book's first rape scene is allegedly lifted from a woman's real life experience, without her permission or knowledge.

Lessons posted:
cool story: the book's first rape scene is allegedly lifted from a woman's real life experience, without her permission or knowledge.

that's messed up.

not buying.

that is not true at all. i wrote that scene before i had even heard of the poster or begun posting in wddp

Edited by Impper ()

lmao impper did your book get you banned from the 'dp. my loan arrives in january following which i will literally BYB for the kindle i dont own lmao
controversial opinions: most novels probably don't need rape scenes.
tell that to chaucer
apparently it has and now they're saying that i took a poster's experience and used it in a scene. which, is just not true in the least

getfiscal posted:
controversial opinions: most novels probably don't need rape scenes.

maybe

lmao
what are some other wddp opinions of your book

this will influence my buying decision
idk, seeing as they banned me for it. i mean i think that is the ultimate wddp opinion of my book
i was banned yesterday as well, for lightly suggesting that insulting random muslim women was probably not "cool"
is using posters experiences not ok or somethig. because my next attempt at a novel is about a nihilistic masochistic hipster who teams up with a depressed canadian mao fan and a psychotic convert to islam to overthrow, like, society

getfiscal posted:
i was banned yesterday as well, for lightly suggesting that insulting random muslim women was probably not "cool"

hang on were you actually

wddp.org bans t-paine & getfiscal. you couldnt make it up folks

deadken posted:
is using posters experiences not ok or somethig. because my next attempt at a novel is about a nihilistic masochistic hipster who teams up with a depressed canadian mao fan and a psychotic convert to islam to overthrow, like, society

can i preorder

my next attempt is about how her and i sue impper for using her story and then live off the court's award in the bahamas for the rest of our lives

Edited by getfiscal ()

deadken posted:

in this case it probably wouldn't have been okay. the thing is i didn't do it

deadken posted:

getfiscal posted:

yes. well for a month.

Impper posted:

deadken posted:

in this case it probably wouldn't have been okay. the thing is i didn't do it

too late, the pitchforks and torches are out

yeah i guess. i dont understand the need to turn people into amoral profligate villains all the time, but welp

Impper posted:
yeah i guess. i dont understand the need to turn people into amoral profligate villains all the time, but welp

there must be an enemy.

hatas gon hate

it's always fun seeing how bitter worthless goons can be

Impper posted:
apparently it has and now they're saying that i took a poster's experience and used it in a scene. which, is just not true in the least

they know now and basically don't care because you struck a very specific cord with someone which is bad enough in itself. also it would be nice if you edited your previous post to preserve anonymity

deadken posted:
there must be an enemy.

true. feels bad, feels bad. though i cant help wondering how objectively bad the book is after all the bile

Click.

Click.

Click.

Rounds enter the magazine. Adrenalin slithers through my bloodstream, making my hands shake. Click. The last bullet peeks out of the top of the clip, eager to embark on its journey. A chill runs up my spine as the mag slides into its place. It snaps in and suddenly I’m reminded of the broken glass at a Jewish wedding. It’s a signifier of a specific moment in time ... an indication that things after that will be different.

An incandescent bulb buzzes above the chintzy card table upon which I prepare. It provides just enough light to illuminate the rundown studio I squat in. I haven’t showered or shaved in days. The combination of a broken window unit and the punishing summer heat creates a visible cloud of funk emanating from me.

My thoughts race through the next three hours, walking through the plan that is already in place. It is a fool’s errand, but I have no choice. My heart murmurs an objection, but it’s working too hard to make any headway. I worry that it will sprout limbs and burst from my sternum.

Cold determination surges from my gut, squelching the embryo of complaint in my chest. I breathe deeply; my pulse slows. Men in my situation have little use for second thoughts. I make sure the safety is on before placing the pistol in its holster and slip out the door into the arid Gaza night.

Mazel tov.

Lessons posted:

Impper posted:

they know now and basically don't care because you struck a very specific cord with someone which is bad enough in itself. also it would be nice if you edited your previous post to preserve anonymity

i don't understand how that is "bad enough in itself?"

Impper posted:

deadken posted:
there must be an enemy.

true. feels bad, feels bad. though i cant help wondering how objectively bad the book is after all the bile

i will write an honest review.

i been reading some of your kobe ting and it actually kinda owns, the switch from philosophical text to novel is handled really well, its a bit.... fight club-y in places but uh that book sold a lot of copies

go to lulu.com and sell a paper version plz

Impper posted:

Lessons posted:

Impper posted:

because Intent Doesn't Matter and The Offended Party Is Always Right i guess

i don't get it, is this one of those 'safe space' things? like if i posted something on the internet about rl id fully expect all of the consequences. isn't that what therapy is for anyway

Impper posted:

you don't understand how seriously creeping out a rape victim with your rape book might be a bad thing

'abhorred by wddp' has a very positive, 'banned in boston' connotation for me

Impper posted:

make amends by writing an exploitative cash-in sequel and colontitling it ":trigger warning"

deadken posted:

Impper posted:

deadken posted:
there must be an enemy.

i will write an honest review.

i been reading some of your kobe ting and it actually kinda owns, the switch from philosophical text to novel is handled really well, its a bit.... fight club-y in places but uh that book sold a lot of copies

thanks.. i been tinkering with it in the past few days.

animedad posted:
hatas gon hate

it's always fun seeing how bitter worthless goons can be

people have a right to their opinion, i guess

littlegreenpills posted:

Impper posted:

make amends by writing an exploitative cash-in sequel and colontitling it ":trigger warning"

lol

i want to write a hall of mirrors, a scrapbook-novel, cubist literature, a pseudo-postmodern pastiche that still manages to reject postmodern dissolution, that interrogates it on its own terms and rejects it. im not sure exactly how to go about doing it but i have a vague idea

deadken posted:

getfiscal posted:

t-paine got banned for responding to a probation by writing a huge misogynistic diatribe at cbass over pm's. also t-paine isn't funny and has the worldview of a 16 year old boy.

more to the point impper you're a fucking atrocious writer, you seriously don't know what makes the deranged writers you enjoy readable and your pale attempt at imitating them feels like a 15 year old boy who just discovered nietzsche and nine inch nails writing marquis de sade fanfiction.