probably odd to have a nude woman on the cover of any book you read. what if i'm on the bus. someone will go oh look that obese man is reading erotica in front of my child. and if i say no ma'am it is actually about rape then really i'm nowhere ahead. the cover should be of an orthodox icon.
the small version of that cover is bad, the large version is not bad art, but i dont think it looks good on a book, imo, but i havent read it, and i havent had a chance to kick it in to a ditch1
haha, please to kick it in a ditch. i think, yeah, i didnt like so much how it turned as the small version. idk how it would look on a book
imo it should have the Black Hand on the cover

or like the Black Hand Seal is cool too

getfiscal posted:
probably odd to have a nude woman on the cover of any book you read. what if i'm on the bus. someone will go oh look that obese man is reading erotica in front of my child. and if i say no ma'am it is actually about rape then really i'm nowhere ahead. the cover should be of an orthodox icon.

houellebecq's platform book cover got me something like this. a photograph of a woman on the cover, then somebody asked me what its about, and i had to answer sex tourism.

Crow posted:
imo it should have the Black Hand on the cover

or like the Black Hand Seal is cool too

this could go on the kobe book and fit thematically. maybe a drawing of kobe bryant with a black hand seal

you should remix the book as Forget and Destroy and replace all the rape with tense games of ping pong so that it will be carried at walmart next to some biography of obama.
the pic of the city is kewl... you could keep the naked ladey but have it more stylised maybe, less sketchy, iono.... the paper effect thing is tacky and the font is godawful. i think this has been the most thorough + extensive critique of your novel so far

Impper posted:
houellebecq's platform book cover got me something like this. a photograph of a woman on the cover, then somebody asked me what its about, and i had to answer sex tourism.

i would die of shame. the thought that someone would think that i have had or would have sex.... wow.

you know that thing where a swastika on the cover doubles a book's sales. i think you should maybe make the cover a swastika made out of other swastikas. consider writing the title in swastikas also

Impper posted:

getfiscal posted:

lol yeah all the houellebecq covers in the uk have topless girls on them despite all being about sexually frustrated men

just put a big picture of shaq on the front, cause then fans of your third book will pick it up thinking its about shaq
the cover should instead be fabio with a half unbutton white flowing blouse and glistening, oiled up pecs. it would be a much more accurate depiction of what genre the novel would fit into
change the title from 'fuck and destroy' to 'rape, rape and rape'

getfiscal posted:

lolll

jools posted:
just put a big picture of shaq on the front, cause then fans of your third book will pick it up thinking its about shaq

just put a green recycle symbol on it instead so the "fans" (i.e. the williamsburg cretins who were maliciously signed up for the john christy kindle package as a prank by million dollar extreme) will know which trash bin to place the novel into and thereby retaining their sense of moral self righteousness for offsetting their hot-shower carbon foot print or whatever

my copy of platform had a ripped off library cover so i didn't know it was a problem

at the time i thought i'd be edgy enough to read white niggers of america in public but i was not at all
all good suggestions. think ill change the font, mebbe. as for the title i don't think there's any going back.
back cover: bathroom mirror topless photo of author
also good, im glad you're not changing the title, if anything is going to be my mark left on the world it'll be that
lmao. btw where the fuck are you? i need to go to fucking target
i once went to a radical environmentalist group meeting and someone gave the example of convincing your friends not to take "20 minute hot showers" and then others kept repeating that so i excused myself because frankly if i don't get to zone out in a womb-like hot current for a good third-hour every day or so then what's the point of being alive.
Chanhge the title to A Orthodox Icon

Groulxsmith posted:
my copy of platform had a ripped off library cover so i didn't know it was a problem

at the time i thought i'd be edgy enough to read white niggers of america in public but i was not at all

*makes secret quebec nationalist signal*

getfiscal posted:
then what's the point of being alive.

hm. maybe you should investigate this question in greater depth

deadken posted:

i know you are trolling but it is to smash the false unity of the self

deadken posted:
can someone c+p the Impperbook Shitstorm or pm it to me or something. Cheers

yo

who still got a dp account here

getfiscal posted:

deadken posted:

i know you are trolling but it is to smash the false unity of the self

Agreed.

Impper posted:

lmao. btw where the fuck are you? i need to go to fucking target

lets carpool to williamsburg. i've got a giftcard for exxon mobile and also some giftcards to taco-bell - we can totally turn this dream into a reality

i was in williamsburg today. now im in bay ridge. fucking bay ridge
i love bay ridge
why.
actually i got a curry the other day and it was.... decent
it's like where i live, but less so
its got all flags and crimbo decorations errywhere
maybe i'll move to ottawa in june.

who moves to ottawa.
i got so bored of the brooklyn enclaves of privilege i once called home i might as well move to a grotesque example of americanana aka staten island
i went to staten island. took the ferry. had a cigarette. took the next ferry back

deadken posted:

deadken posted:
can someone c+p the Impperbook Shitstorm or pm it to me or something. Cheers

yo

who still got a dp account here

lmao guess who

i've wanted impper gone for a long time but could never come up with strong evidence against him other than "he's vaguely terrible" but now he provided it himself

i really hope that wasnt gvb or marty