so are you just going to ignore my question

discipline posted:

How about it? Do you believe we're all like, one world mannn? Or are you all like: oh, capital and labor has the right to go anywhere they want. I am a stupid first world idiot. I believe that the less barriers to global imperial rule by the Americans is a good thing

agreed

[account deactivated]
i guess all border systems are complex and perverse but since 1996 or so i dont really feel like its ethical at all to ever do anything to subject people to deportation in the U.S. its like, we do shit we'd never do to a murder suspect to deportees here
[account deactivated]
uhhh doesnt the non-unionisation of migrant labour depend on the borders
[account deactivated]
like, the existence of the borders and the contradiction created by labour movement in spite of them is what works in favour of capital, rather than the movement of labour itself
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

babyfinland posted:

so are you just going to ignore my question

what's the question

about gdr, like i could be wrong but didnt you think that their policies of containing people were justified, and has your thought on that changed, is that why youre posting this thread

ITS SPELLED LABOR JULIAN YOU SQUARE-HEADED RETARD
get with the programme
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

that anyone is deported from this country is a cosmic joke of epic proportions

what do you mean by this

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

babyfinland posted:

about gdr, like i could be wrong but didnt you think that their policies of containing people were justified, and has your thought on that changed, is that why youre posting this thread

haha oh I thought you were talking to julian but that kinda owns

what owns

discipline posted:

jools posted:

uhhh doesnt the non-unionisation of migrant labour depend on the borders

huh you mean here? undocumented workers are members of unions in the states

yeah but wouldnt it be easier were the issue of documentation moot, is what im saying. i mean how do unionisation rates compare like-for-like? i know something like uhhh 20% of undocumented workers are unionised

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

daddyholes posted:

what do you mean by this

to deport people from stolen land is just outrageous

its a living

bill burr made a joke on his podcast a few weeks ago about how good it feels to read a newspaper on your porch, and if you dont have a porch well use your neighbors while hes at work, hes not using it after all and hes g ot a job while youre in between jobs, plus it doesnt belong to him anyway it belongs to the iroquois

discipline posted:

jools posted:

yeah but wouldnt it be easier were the issue of documentation moot, is what im saying. i mean how do unionisation rates compare like-for-like? i know something like uhhh 20% of undocumented workers are unionised

that's a higher percentage than documented workers in this country

i said like-for-like, i mean taking account of the distribution of unionisation by sector and so forth.

[account deactivated]
i expect any relaxing of border control under the established order is going to be in the service of international capital more than anything else. however i'm open to evaluating each situation individually, like if mexico or china wants looser immigration policies with western nations, (that's certainly the case with Mexico and the US), they're probably right. the whole thing about truly open borders otoh is so abstract and distant as to be absurd and i don't really see a reason to address it.

jools posted:

like, the existence of the borders and the contradiction created by labour movement in spite of them is what works in favour of capital, rather than the movement of labour itself

are we talking labor arbitrage here or something more

discipline posted:

babyfinland posted:

yes but it wasn't because of healthcare that must be the strawman part haha

yes what woman i asked three yes/no questions there

Lessons posted:

i expect any relaxing of border control under the established order is going to be in the service of international capital more than anything else. however i'm open to evaluating each situation individually, like if mexico or china wants looser immigration policies with western nations, (that's certainly the case with Mexico and the US), they're probably right. the whole thing about truly open borders otoh is so abstract and distant as to be absurd and i don't really see a reason to address it.

ya

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

daddyholes posted:

what do you mean by this

to deport people from stolen land is just outrageous

oh okay i thought you might have been saying "no one is ever deported from here" which i hear a lot nowadays

doesn't letting people out of gaza and similar situations morally supercede whatever effect it might have on the global labor market
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

daddyholes posted:

are we talking labor arbitrage here or something more

capital flows faster than labor and it only needs to be fed sunshine, clean water and dreams

well, yes i know that but i was wondering if jools was going to throw down a bunch of factors i hadnt thought of or read about

discipline posted:

daddyholes posted:

oh okay i thought you might have been saying "no one is ever deported from here" which i hear a lot nowadays

where the fuck do you live

the South for the moment

[account deactivated]
south mexico

discipline posted:

babyfinland posted:

doesn't letting people out of gaza morally supercede whatever effect it might have on the global labor market

they intentionally let people out of gaza quite a bit and they are usually the wealthiest gazans who get out

and so relaxing or eliminating the border situation there is supposed to benefit capitalist flows somehow?

south yisrael
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]