you're all shit
[account deactivated]
I write tonnes of shit for work and your image doesn't say anything about me and the beautiful pieces I produce
why? does every characteristic of literature have to be redeemable in a post-60s leftist academia milieu type setting or is it not OK to enjoy the bad parts about things?

futurewidow posted:
you're all shit

thats mean

readin' that "nope!" in the voice of aisha tyler, voice actress in the animated FX comedy ARCHER
[account deactivated]
yeah pretty much but they will still become part of the canon the patriarchy is an unstoppable force
as for my novel, roughly fifty per cent of the characters are female, nobody has sex with anybody, the most violent thing that happens involves aggressively drinking chamomile tea w. ginger at someone and i will never post it here or mention anything else about it ever again
[account deactivated]

aerdil posted:
yeah pretty much but they will still become part of the canon the patriarchy is an unstoppable force

don't gloat dickhead

im currently writing a short story wherein impper gets raped by a bum at a bus stop at 2am on his way home after working out at the gym
rape isn't funny
all my writing is about the Void. im going to transcend language

aerdil posted:
im currently writing a short story wherein impper gets raped by a bum at a bus stop at 2am on his way home after working out at the gym

let one of my bros do it instead. subterranean unspeakable desires n all that

[account deactivated]
my new thesis is that the permissive society isn't an illusion, that desire really has been unchained, that freedom in the first world really does exist (outside of politics, obviously) and that its awful, absolutely disgusting, entirely insufficient, psychologically deleterious. an authoritarian counterpoint to eros and civilisation, except its a dumb its a novel about a bunch of disaffected dudes in their 20s
Is futurewidow the same poster as slashie
lol no

deadken posted:
my new thesis is that the permissive society isn't an illusion, that desire really has been unchained, that freedom in the first world really does exist (outside of politics, obviously) and that its awful, absolutely disgusting, entirely insufficient, psychologically deleterious. an authoritarian counterpoint to eros and civilisation, except its a dumb its a novel about a bunch of disaffected dudes in their 20s

sounds pretty cool. i think u need to write the books that youre gonna write when you're gonna write em

i decided the next book i write is either going to be the continuation of that french revolution story, which is really about narratives the how the audience shapes them, or else a sort of life story of a really vapid guy and his struggles for authenticity and truth, even as he's the most "authentic" person around

it would be awesome if slashie posted here though
fiction is really cool, you should read it sometime
[account deactivated]
the new houellebecq novel is absolutely stupendous, but for some reason i feel like it is less ambitious than his previous, especially the elementary particles
the new houellebecq novel is absolutely stupendous, but for some reason i feel like it is less ambitious than his previous, especially the elementary particles
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Lykourgos posted:
Is futurewidow the same poster as slashie

how dare you

what do you estimate the recommended retail price of the book as

Impper posted:
or else a sort of life story of a really vapid guy and his struggles for authenticity and truth, even as he's the most "authentic" person around

lmao

wow that's really 'lmao' worthy yet its gonna be an awesome book
i wrote one thing ever and that's it
[account deactivated]
its gonna be a fictional account of a guy i know, but extended over his whole life. as a unifying motif it will be about anti-intellectualism
[account deactivated]
george bush owns. miss me yet? oil death
george bush owns. miss me yet? oil death
[account deactivated]