The Reason Rally is an event sponsored by many of the country’s largest and most influential secular organizations. It will be free to attend and will take place in Washington, D.C. on March 24th, 2012 from 10:00AM – 6:00PM at the National Mall. There will be music, comedy, speakers, and so much more. We hope you can join us! Please poke around this site for more information, stay tuned for frequent updates, and let us know if you have any questions! Speakers include:

Dr. Richard Dawkins
Author of The Selfish Gene, The Blind Watchmaker, The God Delusion, The Greatest Show on Earth, and more; Founder of the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science.

Tim Minchin
Musician, composer, songwriter, actor, comedian and writer.

Eddie Izzard
Actor; Comedian.

Adam Savage
Co-host of Mythbusters.

Jessica Ahlquist
High school activist and successful plaintiff in the case of Ahlquist v. City of Cranston (PDF).

Taslima Nasrin
Author of more than thirty books, including Lajja (“Shame”); Prolific activist for gender equality, free thought, and human rights.

Paul Provenza
Host and producer of The Green Room with Paul Provenza on Showtime and producer of the movie The Aristocrats (with Penn Jillette)

James Randi
Founder of the James Randi Educational Foundation; Creator of The One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge; Magician (known as “The Amazing Randi”).

Lawrence Krauss
A highly regarded international leader in cosmology and astrophysics and author, most recently of the New York Times bestseller A Universe From Nothing: Why There is Something Rather Than Nothing

Bad Religion
Legendary rock band fronted by singer/songwriter Greg Graffin.

Also, there will be a Camp Quest tent at the rally, so bring your kids! The tent will be geared toward children 5-15, with craft projects and games.

http://www.reasonrally.org/

uhh where the fuck is penn jillette
he's there

Paul Provenza
Host and producer of The Green Room with Paul Provenza on Showtime and producer of the movie The Aristocrats (with Penn Jillette)
okay. how about matt and trey?
token "apostate"
"I'm not a religious person. I'm not quite an atheist, but I'm certainly not a theist, either." Wheaton, Wil (2004). Just a Geek. O'Reilly Media. p. 85. ISBN 059600768X.

babyfinland posted:
token "apostate"

that just proves it's not racist

(market) reason

Groulxsmith posted:

"I'm not a religious person. I'm not quite an atheist, but I'm certainly not a theist, either." Wheaton, Wil (2004). Just a Geek. O'Reilly Media. p. 85. ISBN 059600768X.

[account deactivated]
eddie...no....
no but really. let's meet up for some summer fun under the caribbean sun

guido (and by extension baby huey) is right, we're all going to end up in prison, the only amusing fact will be what sort. CIA black site? indian work camp?
[account deactivated]
dawkins is going to surprise the audience with the stunning release of his new book on lacan: "God is unconscious" wherein he details his shock at realizing that all this time he has actually unconsciously believed in god. in order to rectify this incredible oversight, he will propose the scientific community pour money into the construction of a time machine with the purpose to go back in time to kill freud and therefore his own unconscious and therefore God once and for all.
I don't know if the power grid in Washington and cope with so many Brights at once.

getfiscal posted:
guido (and by extension baby huey) is right, we're all going to end up in prison, the only amusing fact will be what sort. CIA black site? indian work camp?

well spend weeks guessing which of us is the cia plant and then theyll just tell us it was babyfinland and watch as we roll our eyes, tut, and say 'well duh, i knew it all along'

who here doesn't know babyfinland is a cia plant, honestly
i demand to know so that i can inform them asap
sounds like a blast. particularly looking forward to the Bad Religion show, (how fitting for the venue!)
actually the plant is ICW.

i submit:
-why do you think he could afford all those reregs?
-extradition deal w/ CIA & aussies. he offers to snoop to avoid being brought to the US for his crimes. those are left to the imagination, i'm afraid.
you're out of your jurisdictional pal, don't tackle the bulldozer if you can't play with the tonka truck
i never understood why people would be like "OMG you spent so much on re-regs" when like the same people are like yes i just bought the following nine hundred games on steam to play on my wall television

efficiency: trolling beats toys
I traded a box of kreteks for my account, true story.
Let's all meet in Portland, OR IMO

mudcrabs posted:
Let's all meet in Portland, OR IMO

lol as if i'm going to the great satan

thats a pretty good lineup.
i bet there will be less virgins per capita there than at the hajj lol
you can't simultaneously chastise muslims for being pedo rapists and spergin virgins goatman.
not all muslims are pedos, just their founder, although of course in the islamic world their ages of consent afre the lowest in the world
So probably not more virgins than the reason rally then.

face it, religion is sexier than science

Goethestein posted:

haha, yeah! On a related note, i hope they "line up" against the wall!

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
you can't simultaneously chastise muslims for being pedo rapists and spergin virgins goatman.

the virgins are in paradise.

getfiscal posted:
i never understood why people would be like "OMG you spent so much on re-regs" when like the same people are like yes i just bought the following nine hundred games on steam to play on my wall television

efficiency: trolling beats toys

i will criticize peopl for both

all kinds of bros at the hajj popping boners and trying to hide teh shame
there s currently an Lf goonmeet going on right now. truth

Lessons posted:

Goethestein posted:

haha, yeah! On a related note, i hope they "line up" against the wall!

i dont think that theres any real issue wiith any of the speakers. the comedian is a lil bit smug and richard dawkins once pointed out that thing that made wealthy white women angry but other than that theyre all pretty cool. adam savage and bad religion both pwn

Goethestein was probated until (March 15, 2012 11:22:36) for this post!

AmericanNazbro posted:
there s currently an Lf goonmeet going on right now. truth

remember when wddp had that meetup in boston and it was revealed that theyre all greasy muscleless dudes under five foot six

gonna get in an elevator w/ my dogg dawkins and proposition sex
[account deactivated]