March 8 being when he loses Michigan and his wild ride comes to an end.

So, is Bernie correct that white people can't be poor?
https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/706673150772322304

Please don't turn this thread into another derail about whether or not slavs are white.
It's probably a best course of action to vote for Bernie in your primary, and vote for the democrat nominee in the general. I wish to avoid total war.
WHITE UKRAINIAN WHO STARVE IN HOLODOMOR

dipshit420 posted:

It's probably a best course of action to vote for Bernie in your primary, and vote for the democrat nominee in the general. I wish to avoid total war.

Wait, voting Hillary is a vote to avoid war?

ilmdge posted:

dipshit420 posted:

Wait, voting Hillary is a vote to avoid war?

See this is my initial thought too, that a vote for Hillary is a guaranteed vote for some type of unpleasant further foreign intervention.

But considering a vote for any republican candidate I'd say the risk of foreign conflict is even greater.

You could vote for a number of candidates for ideological reasons however I don't think the vote will substantially impact the national election. This is in no way a statement of what activities you should partake in outside of the voting booth, merely that at this moment, in 2016, a 3rd alternative will not win. Unless you are an accelerationist I do suggest that you do everything in your power to secure Bernie Sanders the nomination.

The key is to find your candidate's War Score. For example, Senator Sanders will probably only start one war, which gives him a War Score of 1. Hillary, of course, has a War Score of 2. The Republicans mostly have War Score of 2-3, but with Trump his lack of political experience makes it difficult to precisely judge his War Score. As such, his official War Score is 3, but with a margin of error of ±2. It is this uncertainty that makes elites so hostile to him, as they rely on accurate War Score for a variety of purposes.
oh, I almost forgot: all credit to the Brookings Institution for the above War Scores

dipshit420 posted:

Unless you are an accelerationist I do suggest that you do everything in your power to secure Bernie Sanders the nomination.

Bernie's path to the nomination closes tomorrow though, as the thread title indicates.

I'm pretty sure Hillary Clinton has the most imperialist interventionist track record in the race. I don't believe the Republicans will actually be any better but I don't see how you can use foreign policy to justify voting for Clinton, the most pro-war candidate in the race.

In 2013, Cruz stated that America had no "dog in the fight" during the Syrian Civil War and stated that America's armed forces should not serve as "al-Qaeda's air force". In 2014, Cruz criticized the Obama administration: "The president's foreign policy team utterly missed the threat of ISIS, indeed, was working to arm Syrian rebels that were fighting side by side with ISIS", calling ISIS "the face of evil". In a statement opposing US intervention for regime change in Syria, Cruz said, "If President Obama and Hillary Clinton and Sen. Rubio succeed in toppling (Syrian President Bashar) Assad, the result will be the radical Islamic terrorists will take over Syria, that Syria will be controlled by ISIS, and that is materially worse for U.S. national security interests."

The region would be much more stable" with Gaddafi, Hussein and Assad in place, Sanders, a Democrat, said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"100 percent - is there even a doubt in your mind?" Trump, the Republican frontrunner, said in a separate interview on the same show.

Trump has sought to appeal to hawkish Republican voters by criticizing the Obama administration for not pressing the fight against Islamic State aggressively enough.

At the same time, he has criticized Republican rivals such as former Florida Governor Jeb Bush who believe that Assad must go, warning that regime change can lead to unintended consequences.

"Every time we get involved with rebels ... it ends up being far worse than the people who were there in the first place," he said.

i just noticed for the first time that all establishment candidates (Bush, Rubio, Clinton) want assad out and all the anti-establishment candidates (Sanders, Cruz, Trump) realize that that's dumb
edit: nto that the establishment candidates don't realize it's dumb, they just have a different agenda in mind where how dumb it is is not dispositive

Edited by ilmdge ()

i think all the baby newtons of the world who dream of a trump presidency because he will be besties with assad and putin are going to be in for a rude awakening when he gets in power and realizes that the economy depends on permanent war, like an explicitly racist version of that clinton bit about "fucking bond traders"
"If we don't stop extending our troops all around the world in nation-building missions, then we're going to have a serious problem coming down the road. And I'm going to prevent that." -George "Oil Deth" Bush, Oct. 3, 2000
in before baby newton comes in with "obama was worse than bush"

thirdplace posted:

The key is to find your candidate's War Score. For example, Senator Sanders will probably only start one war, which gives him a War Score of 1. Hillary, of course, has a War Score of 2. The Republicans mostly have War Score of 2-3, but with Trump his lack of political experience makes it difficult to precisely judge his War Score. As such, his official War Score is 3, but with a margin of error of ±2. It is this uncertainty that makes elites so hostile to him, as they rely on accurate War Score for a variety of purposes.

finally some sanity on this forum. Bravo sir.

don't let them prey on your alienation from working class movement, fear, and nerdy affinity for ridiculous utilitarian calculations

c_man posted:

in before baby newton comes in with "obama was worse than bush"

I agree that babyphnewton should use the present tense when referring to Obama being worse than Bush.

reminder that by posting in the rhizzone you have agreed to the stipulation that everyone has to PM me their vote in the American elections in november so that we have a list of usernames to purge
us foreign policy hasn't changed in 200+ years lol but shit's really gonna turn around once the white supremacist career capitalist comes into power
no papa castro! it isn't safe! *smacks him away*
thats an obvious photoshop and castro would never touch that disgusting man

ilmdge posted:

when is the Florida primary?

aerdil posted:

ilmdge posted:

when is the Florida primary?

on the ides of march

aerdil posted:

reminder that by posting in the rhizzone you have agreed to the stipulation that everyone has to PM me their vote in the American elections in november so that we have a list of usernames to purge

imo all American rhizzoners should pledge to vote pursuant to the results of a plebiscite of non-American rhizzoners. this may or may not be a felony

the most important question of this election is who would be best to feature in the next episode of Who Said Bananas

it literally does not matter who the laissez's faire subforum of the rhizzone forum vote for
[account deactivated]

thirdplace posted:

imo all American rhizzoners should pledge to vote pursuant to the results of a plebiscite of non-American rhizzoners. this may or may not be a felony

Im in

bernie sanders will not be president imo
bernie must be sort of good if the billionaire libertarian-owned washington post hates him this badly
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/707090442979033088
it's pretty perfect how like 75% of those are identity politics based attacks on the more left-wing candidate
http://morningconsult.com/2016/03/mitt-romney-speech-donald-trump-poll-results/

A new Morning Consult poll finds that Mitt Romney’s speech last week condemning Donald Trump apparently had very little effect on the GOP front-runner.

Thirty-one percent of GOP voters said they were more likely to vote for Trump, while 20 percent said less likely, and 43 percent said it had no impact either way.

ilmdge posted:

bernie must be sort of good if the billionaire libertarian-owned washington post hates him this badly
it's pretty perfect how like 75% of those are identity politics based attacks on the more left-wing candidate

i read some tumblr people were real mad that bernie sanders used the word "crazy" to describe republicans lol

mentally ill internet people's outrage over petty offenses are, i claim, partly driving the large reactionary movement currently flourishing in this country. millions of people are saying "fuck off" and voting trump. but theyre (the offended people) loud enough and liberals are soft enough that they all agree to follow this contingents whims

ilmdge posted:

somebody get adam johnson an account, we need more chest hair and left-liberalism on this site

opposition to "political correctness" has been driving the right wing for at least 25 years

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

opposition to "political correctness" has been driving the right wing for at least 25 years

well yeah but the joke was that political correctness was itself the ultimate PC thing since it was just a way to hide racism and distract the white poor from their poverty. trump has pulled off the veil and shown that PC, with its essence and existence at last in sync, is unstoppable.

TG posted:

ilmdge posted:

somebody get adam johnson an account, we need more chest hair and left-liberalism on this site

it's been almost a year since he updated his own web sight

..so a tiny and, you know it, white elite of planners are gonna decide every aspect of everyone's lives. the whitest privilege and the most privileged whiteness combined. why do you think all those leftbros are white as fuck. they want to put us back on the plantation, for our own good. black folks fighting, writing, struggling on their own terms for their own goals win for THEMSELVES. fuck these red-ass dead-ass crackers, we don't owe Marx shit

babyhueypnewton posted:

well yeah but the joke was that political correctness was itself the ultimate PC thing since it was just a way to hide racism and distract the white poor from their poverty. trump has pulled off the veil and shown that PC, with its essence and existence at last in sync, is unstoppable.

i don't think it was a means to distract the poor but after years on the internet i can't deny that people are insane racists and only the social unacceptability hides it

babyhueypnewton posted:

i don't think it was a means to distract the poor but after years on the internet i can't deny that people are insane racists and only the social unacceptability hides it

PC was always, afaict, a branch of dogwhistle politics. It was repackaging a caricature of leftist thought as the core essence of all leftist thought. So you're not mocking women or women's equality, you're mocking the idea of some tiny little girl being a firefighter trying to carry a fat guy down the stairs in a burning building. And projecting that absurdity upon the left.

So it's distracting the poor from seeing the ideas which are being mocked as PC. It's about coopting the messages of the left with comic bs so that the messages are lost in the noise.