https://twitter.com/joolsd/status/746503291702550528
"dividing the imperialist nations is good" could easily lead to "let the Confederacy break away" just fyi. explain the difference.

Guyovich posted:

janefondafanclub posted:
hi im new

Greetings, friend.

Hello, thanks for getting me the invite! Lurking LF in 08 is what helped form my worldview ever since so I appreciate the chance even though I am not a good poster on SA.

As far as the Brexit goes, what does the path from here look like for Britain? How does the actual exit happen?

lol

deadken posted:

Goethestein posted:

white males: right-wing shit

who cares what they believe any movement that might break up imperial us power is to be supported

tpaine posted:

janefondafanclub posted:
tpaine posted:
i got 5 minutes into it before i realized it was 23 minutes long

yeah that seems unnecessarily long, does he not know that there is an actual product called degreaser that he could just spray on the pizza

I'll admit I skipped through and there is a time lapse in there and I don't think he gets past the second pizza lol

[account deactivated]

HenryKrinkle posted:

"dividing the imperialist nations is good" could easily lead to "let the Confederacy break away" just fyi. explain the difference.

The horseshit begins:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-36622120

getfiscal posted:

I created a podcast to take down Chapo Trap House.

https://soundcloud.com/donald-hughes-229196019/the-peacethinker-the-chapo-trap

all is revealed. *logs out*

HenryKrinkle posted:

https://twitter.com/joolsd/status/746503291702550528

hrmmm

funny, im reading #1 as "the economy", #2 as "the economy" and #3 as unintelligible

it really is the height of liberalism to dismiss leave voters as wholly xenophobic/racist. that was clearly the overwhelming character of the leave campaign, but i would guess that of the leave voters for whom immigration was a top concern (most of them), the vast majority of them aren't racist so much as living hand to mouth and fucking terrified. i mean im restating things here that we all should already know but liberal children like jools pointing to Lord Ashcroft Dot Com to bolster his prejudices against the proletariat need a fucking slap

HenryKrinkle posted:

gimbel's is gone, marge

getfiscal posted:

I created a podcast to take down Chapo Trap House.

https://soundcloud.com/donald-hughes-229196019/the-peacethinker-the-chapo-trap

lmao

janefondafanclub posted:

As far as the Brexit goes, what does the path from here look like for Britain? How does the actual exit happen?

invoking article 50

this starts a 2 year long process of, i guess, sorting out who gets the house and car and visitation rights for the children

http://labourlist.org/2016/06/corbyn-article-50-has-to-be-invoked-now/

id agree that a lot of angst about migrants stems from economic difficulties and austerity, but thats basically what spawned the nazi party too. and a definite nationalist, xenophobic character is what ppl like jools are seeing around them it sounds like. it does seem likje a strike against imperialism so im sort of ambivalent about it and i think the outcome good or bad will depend on what people manage to do next. the fact that lots of people are continuing to left punch corbyn, over this now, isnt all that encouraging though.
i cant wait to see what the rmt and respect have in store for uhh the entire british state and american imperialism. those fuckers wont ever see it coming

Petrol posted:

funny, im reading #1 as "the economy", #2 as "the economy" and #3 as unintelligible

how on earth can you not read #2 as immigration

[account deactivated]
Why do posters here get hung up on like 8 famous people who ride around on horses once a month and get covered in news papers whenever they marry people like they're an important political force to take a strong stand against.
The lowest hanging fruit, hell yeah lets KILL the QUeen, a 300 year old woman whos only job is to go to parties.
[account deactivated]

88888 posted:

Petrol posted:

how on earth can you not read #2 as immigration

people do not oppose immigration without an underlying reason and all i am suggesting is that the majority opposing it are not simply racist

ilmdge posted:

id agree that a lot of angst about migrants stems from economic difficulties and austerity, but thats basically what spawned the nazi party too.

it's absolutely true that these conditions and fears are readily exploitable by the far right and to be clear i am not trying to suggest that no work needs to be done to prevent that - quite the opposite. i am trying to point towards the possible here, a door open to the left, albeit one that will necessitate physically squaring up against the pointy end of fascism and blunting it.

ilmdge posted:

and a definite nationalist, xenophobic character is what ppl like jools are seeing around them it sounds like.

i'm completely uninterested in what ppl like jools are seeing from the vantage point of their kampfy chairs, scrolling through social media echo chambers looking for confirmation of their worst bougie paranoias.

jools got facebook angry at me and told me to fuck off and shut the fuck up then unfriended. it was a good time.
[account deactivated]
a powerful move...
jools hasnt posted here since january but i understand hes PM'd tpaine an unprompted racist abusive screed as recently as 2 days ago, and also 5 days ago, and also 8 days ago, and also 9 days ago, and also 13 days ago, and so on.
[account deactivated]
he's....in the wires....

tpaine posted:

i paid him $50 to knock that off. i was afraid he'd actually crash the servers

thanks for the blueprint for how to make a quick fifty bucks

[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

it really is the height of liberalism to dismiss leave voters as wholly xenophobic/racist

Imo its the height of liberalism to pretend that racism isn't a fundamental character of the ageing white labour aristocracy of an advanced imperialist nation

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

blinkandwheeze posted:

Petrol posted:

it really is the height of liberalism to dismiss leave voters as wholly xenophobic/racist

Imo its the height of liberalism to pretend that racism isn't a fundamental character of the ageing white labour aristocracy of an advanced imperialist nation

i think we may have different understandings of what constitutes a labour aristocracy because i can't see how the term applies to the 52% of britons who voted leave

im probably going to go with jools's judgement on this one over the guy who just said anti-immigrant trump voters are merely concerned citizens
think for yourself. question authority.

elias posted:

im probably going to go with jools's judgement on this one over the guy who just said anti-immigrant trump voters are merely concerned citizens

i didn't say anything at all about trump voters, but thanks for for your input.

ITT: yanks who believe the brexit vote is directly analogous to the threat of a trump presidency

tpaine posted:

fucking jools.

Petrol posted:

ITT: yanks who believe the brexit vote is directly analogous to the threat of a trump presidency

im poc actually .

HenryKrinkle posted:

if the confederacy were allowed to break loose it would have led to people's war and slave revolt across the south within 5 years. the confederates weren't materially different from the rest of the fancy assholes who ruled the rest of the hemisphere north of the equator to and south of the rio grand. Support People's War