COINTELBRO posted:

Shatnersrug
June 28, 2016 at 12:52
That t-shirt has been photoshopped – I saw her/he yesterday – I was standing next to her/he at one point -wasn’t sure if old lady or man then either – I absolutely promise the shirt didn’t say that, I’m hoping momentum members may have a photo to prove it.

I found the closest thing to an original version of the photo (the tweet screencapped in the article you posted) and ran it through a simple analyser.

Now I'm not an expert but that looks pretty clearly 'shopped to me (and I'm not talking about the twee instagram-style filter)

e: lol shameless

who cares if it's real lol
-

Edited by Chthonic_Goat_666 ()

I am meant to be studying for an exam and arguing with blink in the brexit thread is too annoying, what else am i meant to do with my time
Smoke weed or read about revolutions on wikipedia?
I believe the phrase is 'smoke em if you got em' and sadly i dont. Time to get back to revision i guess
well it's too bad you're not in montreal, where i might could be able to help you.
somewhat related, i've lately thought that a mutual aid and defence network would be a tremendous thing to have. the excesses of capitalism have not been felt this sharply by the white working class in 50 years, but communism will never see major gains with out demonstrating it's real world value.
why are people demanding corbyn resign. he had nothing to do with brexit, right
this is just an excuse for something they were going to do either way

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/13/labour-rebels-hope-to-topple-jeremy-corbyn-in-24-hour-blitz-afte/

they've wanted him out since before he was leader, they even tried a electoral coalition during the leadership election (ABC, "anyone but corbyn") but it fell apart due to the huge swollen egos of the fabians
yeah but like...how do they even argue that he should be out if he had nothing to do with it
They argue he did not adequately produce a "Remain" result.
Chris Bryant also tried to suggest that Jeremy may have voted leave himself on the day lol

COINTELBRO posted:

Labour committing suicide has led to hilarious stuff like a Blairite worm on TV promising to curb immigration and keep "the free market" at the same time, and this:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/06/another-media-setup/
This picture has been all over twitter, promoted by every high level Blairite you can think of, from JK Rowling down. Yet all may not be what it seems.

But look again at that photo. The body language of everybody involved is somewhat strange.

That is because the lady on the right is Anna Phillips, full time employee of the Blairite pressure group Progress.

While the gentleman on the left is Lewis Parker, a professional “creative strategist and social media Guru”. Now if you wanted someone to think up a stunt like this and then get millions of people on social media to see it via J K Rowling etc, ask yourself this question. Of all the thousands of professions in this world, which profession is the precise profession whose major task is to invent and set up stunts like this one? Why, a “social media professional”. Is it not an amazing coincidence that one just happened to be going past, as Ms Anna Phillips has explained it, on the way to the pub?

And this only the day after every mainstream media outlet ran as headline news that Jeremy Corbyn was heckled at the Pride rally by a man who happened to see him, who amazingly happened to be another professional PR man, Tom Mauchline, who happens to work for the Blair/Alastair Campbell PR firm Portland Communications.

I really do find myself astonished by the sheer amount of happenstance in life. Of course it cannot possibly be more than happenstance. Otherwise it might be characterised as conspiracy theory.
But what is Lewis Parker doing with his arm round the old gentleman’s neck like that? If this is truly a fake befriending, that is abuse of the elderly. If it really is his own T-shirt, then that embrace and the knowing smirks and pointing are really very unpleasant indeed. In contrast to Parker, who appears to have borrowed that haircut from an international footballer, and the smirking Anna Phillips, the elderly gentleman’s physical appearance raises to my eyes a few causes for concern about his condition, which I certainly hope are misguided.

And remember, a fake befriending, including physical contact, of an elderly and apparently vulnerable person, while making fun of him for social media, is Parker and Phillips’ own explanation of what is happening here. That is the best case. There are obvious worst explanations of the kind of set-up this is.

Shatnersrug
June 28, 2016 at 12:52
That t-shirt has been photoshopped – I saw her/he yesterday – I was standing next to her/he at one point -wasn’t sure if old lady or man then either – I absolutely promise the shirt didn’t say that, I’m hoping momentum members may have a photo to prove it.

more of this here http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/28/truth-behind-labour-coup-really-began-manufactured-exclusive/

Wait like Lewis Parker the legendary London battle MC and producer??

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

yeah but like...how do they even argue that he should be out if he had nothing to do with it

the sole real reason is because he's someone they can punish whether or not it does any good for their cause

Lewis Parker Can't Lose
am i supposed to know any of these people who are ditching corbyn
i mean im american but i've never heard any of their names even in passing on the TV. can he continue without W. Wimbley Florebshire, shadow secretary of public transit
[account deactivated]
no even british people are making jokes that no one cares who any of these people are and their portfolios may as well be made up.

even a pro-corbyn labour mp made fun of their stupid shadow cabinet
"colleagues have been concentrating on orchestrating waves of MPs – whom no one has ever heard of – into resigning from jobs that nobody knew they had" https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/29/labour-mps-vs-corbyn-war-party-members-tories-brexit
you can tell she's english and i'm not because for whom the participle dangles

sometimes they even talk like that out loud, i'm not really convinced that england isn't some kind of truman show-like vr dome
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

drwhat posted:
you can tell she's english and i'm not because for whom the participle dangles

sometimes they even talk like that out loud, i'm not really convinced that england isn't some kind of truman show-like vr dome
have you seen the jeremy kyle show

no, if it's good what's the best episode i should watch, and if it's bad what's the worst

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i think i am supposed to laugh at something? but i'm glad she got help, dental work is fucking awful and so expensive and having fucked up teeth is so fucking demoralizing. i keep putting off getting work done on mine thinking i'll be able to afford it someday and every couple of years something goes wrong. it's just the back ones that are fucked up at least

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

entirely zero gorm

[account deactivated]
gormless
[account deactivated]
It's really bad.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

drwhat posted:

i think i am supposed to laugh at something?

It's tv for vultures. It's main discursive function is to breed contempt for the working class.

You wanna take care of your back molars cause when they go the others start to go much faster since they can't handle the work of crushing food
[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

You wanna take care of your back molars cause when they go the others start to go much faster since they can't handle the work of crushing food

yeah somehow everything else has been ok enough for this long but i'm just running on luck at this point

[account deactivated]

drwhat posted:

swampman posted:

yeah somehow everything else has been ok enough for this long but i'm just running on luck at this point

Teeth are important.