Trayvon Martin shooter charged with 2nd-degree murder

A special prosecutor assigned to the Trayvon Martin case has charged neighbourhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman with second-degree murder in connection with the shooting death of 17-year-old.

George Zimmerman's lawyers quit on Tuesday, saying they haven't heard from their former client in a couple of days. (Associated Press)
Prosecutor Angela Corey announced the charges at a 6 p.m. news conference in Jacksonville, Fla.

"The team here with me has worked tirelessly working for answers in Trayvon Martin's death," said Corey, who emphasized that the charges were not made due to mounting public pressure.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/04/11/trayvon-martin-parents.html

---

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." - Nelson Mandela

Edited by NEOADMINISTRATOR ()

EmanuelaBrolandi was probated until (April 12, 2012 08:59:59) for this post!

Do not ask for whom the goat pulls, he pulls for you.
So we're on the side of the florida judicial system against a person of color in this one?

Groulxsmith posted:
So we're on the side of the florida judicial system against a person of color in this one?

my position has always been that he should be left to walk free, because we need to look forward, not backward.

frankly i dont think the delay in prosecution has anything to do with the fact that martin was black. zimmerman? come on. can the jew conspiracy get any more overt here

it's kind of funny when you see those those who believe in the subtle and extensive nature of institutional racism clamoring that society assimilate an individual into the prison-industrial complex as a way to fix it
If Obama had a son, he'd look like Trayvon.

Groulxsmith posted:
it's kind of funny when you see those those who believe in the subtle and extensive nature of institutional racism clamoring that society assimilate an individual into the prison-industrial complex as a way to fix it

someone asked trotskyist ernest mandel to like join a campaign for increased penalties and policing of rape and he said fuck no i'm not going to give the state more power. makes you think.

its just a matter of society holding to its own bullshit really

deadken posted:
its just a matter of society holding to its own bullshit really

this is the prime directive of reformism.

it is better to fight an honest enemy
bump
i'm completely serious when i say i don't see how imprisoning zimmerman improves society

Groulxsmith posted:
i'm completely serious when i say i don't see how imprisoning zimmerman improves society

i don't know who these people are, but no man should be imprisoned whilst baquack obamailure roams free
[account deactivated]
i second the motion of DUVAL, the resolution passes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A
i was told to poast a goaste
solidarity

Edited by shennong ()

Impper was probated until (April 12, 2012 16:28:46) for this post!

okeeydoke oke

Edited by shennong ()

Myfanwy was probated until (April 12, 2012 16:28:31) for this post!

Impper posted:
solidarity

Edited by shennong ()

Prospero was probated until (April 12, 2012 16:29:21) for this post!

i almost posted tubgirl
hahaha these are some weird and freaky images

Prospero posted:

thats its all annotations from now on

zimmerman, where you gon' run to?
Guy Opens Ass To Show Everyone

Prospero posted:
Guy Opens Ass To Show Everyone

lol

Cannot be unseen...
interesting article about the current climate in sanford

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/theres-a-race-war-going-on-nazis-come-to-trayvon-martins-town-7637222.html
The skinheads don't need to 'come' to Central Florida. The second rebirth of the KKK (during the early 1910s through the 1930s) was based heavily in Florida and some truly horrific stuff was done to people throughout Florida well into the 1960s. The high school I was supposed to go to was the Nathan Bedford Forest Rebels and their symbol was Yosemite Sam in confederate grey

getfiscal posted:

Black on (unarmed)Mexican shooting at taco bell parking lot in Arizona and not even an eyebrow was batted.. Typical.. Exact opposite to current bullshit going on in the media.. Where's al sharpton? Where's Jesse Jackson? Racist pigs... it is so annoying how obvious this is it makes me sick..

shermanstick posted:
The skinheads don't need to 'come' to Central Florida. The second rebirth of the KKK (during the early 1910s through the 1930s) was based heavily in Florida and some truly horrific stuff was done to people throughout Florida well into the 1960s. The high school I was supposed to go to was the Nathan Bedford Forest Rebels and their symbol was Yosemite Sam in confederate grey

don't hate your heritage

obviously you haven't seen my PRIDE NOT PREJUDICE sticker or my bronco
[account deactivated]