Ironicwarcriminal posted:
I don't care what anyone says: Lungfish paying people to write essays repudiating Marxism was an absolute stroke of genius and made a serious point at the same time.

lol

[account deactivated]

no the point was that it was too late because the greed motive is, if not biologically hardwired, extremely common and easy to manipulate.

i don't neccessarily agree with it, but he made a good case.

nah i actually do remember that, it was funny and i commended him for exposing the ideologically weak scum for the pitiful traitors they were

i was the first person to write one. my political convictions extends beyond having teenagers think im a revolutionary bad ass maoist super agent i guess. i spent the money on cool books

babyfinland posted:
i was the first person to write one. my political convictions extends beyond having teenagers think im a revolutionary bad ass maoist super agent i guess. i spent the money on cool books

isn't this the same argument as the oligarchs of the early 90s but with bulletproof mercedes instead of cool books?

babyfinland posted:

isn't this the same argument as the oligarchs of the early 90s but with bulletproof mercedes instead of cool books?

maybe

i dont care what your true beliefs are, writing an essay on anything because some random computer guy who isnt your college professor paid you to is like some huge red flag that your life ended up significantly worse than you ever planned for. id rather just have showed him my dick

how much could he have even been offering for people to take that bait? please tell me it was respectably high

Superabound posted:
i dont care what your true beliefs are, writing an essay on anything because some random computer guy who isnt your college professor paid you to is like some huge red flag that your life ended up significantly worse than you ever planned for. id rather just have showed him my dick

how much could he have even been offering for people to take that bait? please tell me it was respectably high

it was $60 for like 5 sentences

yeah who the fuck would humiliate themselves for money nobody reasonable ever does that especially in our american society of integrity
i didnt really find it humiliating whatsoever either
someone pay me $60 for something
i mean im honestly not trying to take the piss out of anybody and im sorry if that sounded hostile because ultimately anything that happens on a forum literally does not matter but still
[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:
it was $60 for like 5 sentences

ok, thats not too bad then. any piss-easy job you can half-ass on top of that is worth geting paid for i guess

no way that "essay" is coming out of my pen without the 5th sentence being "Fuck you, nigger." though

yeah i just wrote like Democracy is really good because it secures freedoms for people. Freedom is the bedrock of making society a good place to live. Capitalism is the natural compliment to the democratic political system.

i donno i think i alreayd put more thought into it now than i did at the time so

Superabound posted:
i dont care what your true beliefs are, working on anything because some random ownership-class guy who isnt your loved one paid you to is like some huge red flag that your life ended up significantly worse than you ever planned for. id rather just have showed him my dick

hey you privileged fucklords "working on anything because some random ownership-class guy who isnt your loved one paid you to" is something 90% of the population is forced to do every day, jesus christ

babyfinland posted:
yeah i just wrote like Democracy is really good because it secures freedoms for people. Freedom is the bedrock of making society a good place to live. Capitalism is the natural compliment to the democratic political system.

i donno i think i alreayd put more thought into it now than i did at the time so

that just comes across as unavoidably sarcastic. i guess i see now why i remember him talking about what he did, but not showing the actual essays. The concept is much more effective than the result

Meursault posted:
hey you privileged fucklords "working on anything because some random ownership-class guy who isnt your loved one paid you to" is something 90% of the population is forced to do every day, jesus christ

dont sign ur psots

Superabound posted:

babyfinland posted:

that just comes across as unavoidably sarcastic. i guess i see now why i remember him talking about what he did, but not showing the actual essays. The concept is much more effective than the result

i even asked him if it counted if it was like obvious bullshit and he said nope its fine

[account deactivated]

Meursault posted:

yes but its not at bad because those people arent getting owned by literally lungfish

he seems like a cool boss, i'd rent my labor out to him at an hourly rate
what happened to glorp, hope he's ok
lungfish paid multiple people $60 each just for some joke on a dead internet forum. nobody wins. /capitalism
The trickle down effect in action...
im glorp
[account deactivated]
tprainge
[account deactivated]
lungfish owns

Superabound posted:
mayaangelou92

ok weres my 60 $

Meursault posted:

Meursault posted:
someone pay me $60 for something

Couldn't you just say "Hitler owns!" or something? i would write the sentence "Hitler owns!" in a private message to an internet man many times if i got 12 dollars every time i did it
you could say hitler owns, but if you really cared abt him, you would get involved in your local hitler community.
the final solution to the question of hitler's mysterious absence.

Skylark posted:

you could say hitler owns, but if you really cared abt him, you would get involved in your local hitler community.

KONY 2012 Day of Action!

i miss best poster ever Trundlebags

I don't care what anyone says: Lungfish paying people to write essays repudiating Marxism was an absolute stroke of genius and made a serious point at the same time.