so other than athletes being 40 million dollar slaves does anyone else here like any sports or is that too working class

sports!
i fucking love sports, in fact i wrote a whole book about kobe bryant lol
oh but baseball sucks fyi

Impper posted:

Wrong

Hockey and football are great too

cubs fans suck but baseball is cool
goddamnit can we keep out the rapist chat unless we're talking about Abe Elam, LT and so on

i think baseball does suck too. i prefer college football and NFL football but thats what i was raised on. trying to get into EPL but its tough since i dont like most of the teams. i think i like the hotspurs because their fans seem really drunk and they call themselves the yids
"the hotspurs" lol
Idk the Uniteds are pretty tough usually....
anyone else here follow the cricket?
I watch sports.
The Stanley cup playoffs is the best event in sports but I hate a lot of the teams this year, I guess I want the devils and predators

If you haven't been watching the pit/phi or van/la series you are a fool
who usually carries the NHL games? hockey is kind of difficult to watch on TV and florida has limited hockey options but its a game im interested in
san antonio or la's gonna win it this yr. the old bball fogies worship the young superstars

shermanstick posted:
who usually carries the NHL games? hockey is kind of difficult to watch on TV and florida has limited hockey options but its a game im interested in

All of the playoff games this year are on NBC, NBC sports network, or CNBC

goddamn CNBC rachel maddow AND hockey!

Impper posted:

it really is a shitty sport for faggots

fuck yeah sports

eat shit Real Madrid
hmm yes lets create a sport where 75% of the time you are sitting on a bench and during 90% of the game absolutely nothing is happening

wow, not quite as exciting as curling but slightly above speed-crocheting
i wish i could watch people play chess but i'll take what i can get
i dont understand people cheering for barcelona. yeah messi is talented n cool to watch but it's still "let's root for gravity so people won't fly up just in case".

their games should be balanced back & allowed for the other teams' fans to enter the field to try to jumpkick players who now have to score goals while punching fans
a really cool sport is getting drunk as hell and trying to throw things into plastic cups or really just throwing objects anywhere and causing as much destruction in general

littlegreenpills posted:
anyone else here follow the cricket?

I watch the Ashes and the big Tests involving Australia.

not too big of an IPL fan though, although when the matches are good they're very good.

La Liga is fucking rigged for Real Madrid and Barcelona though.
actually i ran across this old british show awhile ago on youtube called the master game which owns

shermanstick posted:
goddamnit can we keep out the rapist chat unless we're talking about Abe Elam, LT and so on

i think baseball does suck too. i prefer college football and NFL football but thats what i was raised on. trying to get into EPL but its tough since i dont like most of the teams. i think i like the hotspurs because their fans seem really drunk and they call themselves the yids

lol

New Castle and Chelsea are the only teams in EPL worth rooting for.

420 Alan never forget
I like association football. If any of you enjoy sperging out over tactics and the sport's history, I would recommend subscribing to this fantastic quarterly magazine. Then we can discuss the articles and I guess end up making out because soccer is gay.

girdles_gone_wild posted:
New Castle and Chelsea are the only teams in EPL worth rooting for.

420 Alan never forget

lmao chelsea are racist shitty garbage

In that TV revenue is not redistributed?

also newcastle are the second-worst team in the north after liverpool

LandBeluga posted:

yeah they get ten times the share of half the league, plus they rake in so much cash from other shit its not even funny. la liga is boring shit

how can you not have a soft spot for new caste after Alan Shearer?
dude would show up drunk as shit with mustard stains all over his jersey and still is the highest goal scorer in the league ever.
going to baseball games is cool cuz its an excuse to sit outside on a gorgeous day and shoot the breeze with your bros while knocking a few back. you dont get that atmosphere at other sporting events
soccer's for europussies though
okay if the yids suck then who should i root for and explain why in the form of an acrostic

jools posted:

LandBeluga posted:

yeah they get ten times the share of half the league, plus they rake in so much cash from other shit its not even funny. la liga is boring shit

It's a very competitive league... for any team competing for third place.

how much longer til football season
women's football season started last week!