i was raised on texas rangers baseball but i stopped following the MLB when arod got traded to new york and im trying to re-enter it as a mariners fan now that i live in seattle but its kind of hard. the rangers own now and they really sucked when i used to follow them so i feel really awkward abotu getting back into them, like a fairweather fan but not really? the mariners suck so its more comfortable for me in a weird way but also like hard to get excited about completely uncharismatic losers. reminds me of aerdil actually.

girdles_gone_wild posted:
how can you not have a soft spot for new caste after Alan Shearer?
dude would show up drunk as shit with mustard stains all over his jersey and still is the highest goal scorer in the league ever.

shame he was such a shitty manager Lol

this is sports chat not parade around in short shorts kicking a volleyball to other members of your 'men's group' chat
baseball sucks, football owns, hockey owns. feels good to be a panthers fan for the first time since i was in middle school. ice in florida, what a concept

shermanstick, whats your source on abe elam being a rapist? i mean, there are plenty of terrible nfl players, and many of them rapists, but i havent heard anything about him

the scummiest has to be rae carruth, who got his friend to help him shoot his pregnant girlfriend - dont worry, the baby survived!

TG posted:
baseball sucks, football owns, hockey owns. feels good to be a panthers fan for the first time since i was in middle school. ice in florida, what a concept

shermanstick, whats your source on abe elam being a rapist? i mean, there are plenty of terrible nfl players, and many of them rapists, but i havent heard anything about him

the scummiest has to be rae carruth, who got his friend to help him shoot his pregnant girlfriend - dont worry, the baby survived!

Elam, who rose above a crime-ravaged neighborhood in Riviera Beach, Fla., and endured family tragedies and refused to surrender when his career seemed over, has emerged as a solid starter for the Jets. He's coming off the best game of career, a seven tackle performance on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys, his former team.

This should be a feel-good story, but there's another side to it.

In April 2002, a Notre Dame junior named Lindsay Charles accused three football players of raping her at an off-campus house. A fourth, Elam, wasn't charged with rape, but was in the bedroom. Elam fondled her and wound up being convicted of sexual battery, a felony. The others walked away, no convictions.

Charles walked away a psychological mess, friends say, so afraid of retribution in the football-obsessed Notre Dame community that she legally changed her last name while finishing her undergraduate work. (She has since returned to her real name.) Years later, when Elam resurfaced, so did she, waging a smear campaign against him wherever he showed up on the football map.

"I feel sick to my stomach whenever I think about Abram Elam," Charles writes in an E-mail to the Daily News. "I am disappointed that an NFL team would sign a convicted sex offender, when there must be other talented men who have not committed heinous crimes. He belongs in a jail cell, not on the gridiron."

Elam is "a paper tiger," says Kathy Redmond, founder of the National Coalition Against Violent Athletes. She acknowledges that Elam "inflicted the least amount of damage" of the four, but she says his most egregious crime was not trying to stop the alleged rape and refusing to testify against the others.

"He could've made a difference if he had shown some courage, telling the whole story the way it really happened without having to feel like he ratted out his boys," says Redmond, who has worked closely with Charles since the incident.
With a hint of hopefulness in her voice, she adds, "There's no statute of limitations on him doing the right thing."

damn, dont know why that isnt on his wiki page. great, another reason to hate another cowboy. at least tony romo is such an aw shucks guy
someone should have given a manager position to george best
This week is one of the best football weeks in recent memory.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
this is sports chat not parade around in short shorts kicking a volleyball to other members of your 'men's group' chat

girdles_gone_wild posted:
someone should have given a manager position to george best

george best is also a liver-wasting bastard

Ill insult any footballer. Watch me
i think theyre all a bunch of poofs tbh
poofs and tossers, eh? crikey!
u sound australian m8
isnt that where they play soccer?
they play this game

the giants and the sharks are objectively the best sports games because i live near 'em sorry everybody else
also fuck u tom i am very charismatic i have 45 followers on tumblr and 46 on twitter, i'm sorta a big deal

jools posted:
u sound australian m8

same thing rly

jools posted:

they play this game

sick song

i just had a fitness photoshoot at 24hr fitness. the place closed at 8 pm and we had to scamble to pack up our gear. pretty awful experience if you ask me. good shoot though.
get that shit out of my sports thread
I'm going to go see DET @ NYC at the end of the month, my first Tigers game in like 5 years! and I'm going with a bunch of Yanks fans from teh Bronx. Too bad the Tigaz are gonna win.

guidoanselmi posted:
i just had a fitness photoshoot at 24hr fitness. the place closed at 8 pm and we had to scamble to pack up our gear. pretty awful experience if you ask me. good shoot though.

post the pictures

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:
I'm going to go see DET @ NYC at the end of the month, my first Tigers game in like 5 years! and I'm going with a bunch of Yanks fans from teh Bronx. Too bad the Tigaz are gonna win.

if the miami marlins didnt get such a banging new logo and ozzie guillen (love this mans grasp of english to death) then i would prolly be a tigers fan. i had one of those detroit tigers punchy things as a kid so that decides that

AmericanNazbro posted:

guidoanselmi posted:

post the pictures

pogtfo

AmericanNazbro posted:

guidoanselmi posted:

post the pictures

i only had a few in my email outbox and these are camera jpegs. my main editing computer is dead so my partner has all of them. poor guy's going to have to go through all of them

(why you need lens flare cover)

and

we were doing an after series for people who had gone through a trainer's program.

for content, i'll also be going camping in big sur alone this weekend. i guess its not a sport but it's certain outdoorsy. i can't go backcountry for probably another year or so, but i can do an effort post on that later.

oh, that's what you meant. i didn't realize you were a photographer and also a nuclear scientist

i thought you ended up in a fitness photoshoot and i wanted to see an LF goon holding it down in the fitness industry lmbo
bodybuilding is a legitimate sport.
lol, no. i hate the gym even when i was fit.

but really if people are interested in a backcountry hiking/treking thread/post i can make one but i'm probably not the best informed.
orioles reigning supreme
anyone else having a draft day party? what kind of dips are you guys planning to make? i am using no less than five beans for my dip
that guy was on norm mcdonald's sports show as the autistic nephew
lol sergio ramos
lmao Real Madrid didn't make 3 penalties.
150 mil to miss a penalty. GG Ronaldo.
hahahahaha Ramos you shit fuck, you sent that shot to the mooooon!

Well... the champions league final is gonna be in Munich, with Bayern Munich in the final. this city is gonna be fucking insane.