Negatory, the platonic ideal of MMA is DAN HOLLYWOOD HENDO HENDERSON

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

Negatory, the platonic ideal of MMA is DAN HOLLYWOOD HENDO HENDERSON

You're literally going to burn in hell for saying that

His last two fights have been so amazing. Best boxing/clinch game ever in MMA.

2:40 of this one is so ridiculous

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

His last two fights have been so amazing. Best boxing/clinch game ever in MMA.

2:40 of this one is so ridiculous

But his fighting is so ugly, he has no grace or style

lol you clearly have been following mma for like 3 months

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

lol you clearly have been following mma for like 3 months

I have been following mma for like 3 YEARS bro

I am watching ufc on FUEL TV as we speak, you probably aren't even affluent enough to afford this marginal channel
OH BOY THREE YEARS. Hahahah the fact that you can say someone who has fought all of the best fighters in the world over a 15 yr professional career, competed in the olympics, and never been knocked out once has no grace or style is completely ridiculous lol

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

OH BOY THREE YEARS. Hahahah the fact that you can say someone who has fought all of the best fighters in the world over a 15 yr professional career, competed in the olympics, and never been knocked out once has no grace or style is completely ridiculous lol

I didn't mean it in the mma sense of "style" but in the sense of doing things with styyylle. Of course he's a great fighter, he's just not as captivating as he could be if he was more than just a guy who's good at fighting

I remember actually the first time I saw mma was on a new year's eve when I was really little, there was a ppv of every UFC event up to that point, like 12? and I stayed up all night watching it with my dad. All of the good old times where guys in gis would always be horribly beaten by men without gis. and super tall men would beat tiny men to pieces

Edited by Myfanwy ()

lol watching the profound sadness overcome my old-fashioned bjj trainer from when i was younger as his gym went from an all-gi traditional bjj gym to a bunch of dudes in swimming trunks or w/e trying to do anderson silva shit was pretty heartbreaking
hahaha That sounds really sad. My friend Cameron was really serious about mma and had a couple of fights, and I went to his gym a few times and rolling on a mat is so physically uncomfortable. I don't know why you would do it for fun. It's a lot less uncomfortable to be punched in the head and body than to be ground at weird angles against the floor
I did muy thai and judo for a while and then did bjj and i think judo is without a doubt my fav. Better than MMA (altho all i did in mma was spar a couple times)

One of my fav matches of all time. So amazing.
[account deactivated]

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

I did muy thai and judo for a while and then did bjj and i think judo is without a doubt my fav. Better than MMA (altho all i did in mma was spar a couple times)

groundwork in judo is my fav

do you know krav maga?
iirc someone from lf does krav maga but i cant rmemeber who. it might be impper?
sounds like impper. he is so misanthropic he might as well be a crypto-jew.

SPORTS
i was hoping quebradillas was the name of the team. SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED
EmanuelaOrlandi wears affliction shirts lmao
will del bosque fucking sub fernando in already. this is terrible.
EURO 2012 BABY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH
France is gonna smash England because England is the shoe shine my garbage man uses to grease his axles.
oimg omg omg omg omg di natale!!!!!!!

beauty of a shot.
joel does krav maga
SEX FABREGAS!!!!!
the amount of flopping a team does is directly proportional to the amount of coast line their country has with the Mediterranean
lmao ireland

girdles_gone_wild posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi wears affliction shirts lmao

lol this and like jools saying i wear oakleys bc i ride a bike. LF posters really have their fingers on the pulse of hipster culture

HOW ARE THOSE TOMS SHOES TREATING YOU EMANUELA
no one can fill toms shoes
rollin with the punches folks, literally. watch out

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

fedor got old real fast. seems like just yesterday he was still the king

AmericanNazbro posted:

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

fedor got old real fast. seems like just yesterday he was still the king

Pride was really favourable for him, since they gave him a lot of cans to beat up. Then he went under M1, which allows him to make millions doing nothing at all, so when he finally had to fight good heavyweights in Strikeforce, it had already been years since he had a legit challenge. That and the sport has been rapidly evolving, so you can't be a natural middleweight fighting at heavyweight anymore.

"he LITERALLY ripped his head off on that play!" -David Cross
how did ufc end up in the jai alai thread. poor form. poor

elemennop posted:

Pride was really favourable for him, since they gave him a lot of cans to beat up. Then he went under M1, which allows him to make millions doing nothing at all, so when he finally had to fight good heavyweights in Strikeforce, it had already been years since he had a legit challenge. That and the sport has been rapidly evolving, so you can't be a natural middleweight fighting at heavyweight anymore.

Agreed. He's one of the best ever but by no means the best ever. Best fighter in professional japanese mma? Definitely.

[account deactivated]