It's always great when american politicians visit Israel and say "I dont see what the fuss is about, these people are just like us, they want all the same things." Parents, and liberals, just dont understand.

stegosaurus posted:

It's always great when american politicians visit Israel and say "I dont see what the fuss is about, these people are just like us, they want all the same things." Parents, and liberals, just dont understand.

people say that when they visit the west bank too

[account deactivated]

HenryKrinkle posted:

yeah. i think goatstein was self-aware of the irony.

being an american he ought to be.

babyfinland posted:

stegosaurus posted:

yes from what i hear the settlements are very much a fascist variation on american suburbia. makes sense given that most of them are native brooklynites who just wanted to get out of the city and raise families in a safe, "green" environment.

e.g;

well the main thing about them is their location more than their architecture. the truly rhizofascist aspect of israeli settlement is probably more the roads.

Transient_Grace posted:

babyfinland posted:

stegosaurus posted:

yes from what i hear the settlements are very much a fascist variation on american suburbia. makes sense given that most of them are native brooklynites who just wanted to get out of the city and raise families in a safe, "green" environment.

e.g;

i thought most of the settlers were either russian immigrants or similar no-hopers who were either forced or bribed by the israeli welfare state to go and live in the west bank. why would anyone do it voluntarily

discipline posted:

chosen (white) people who hide behind a mandate from god and a giant advanced military, second largest f-16 fleet in the world, love bombing muslims and being hyper aggressive yet LGBTQI-positive (in certain neighborhoods of tel aviv)... just like us!!

i used to work in tourism in dc which meant i was constantly interacting with people from around the world and the israelis consistantly struck me as more american than the americans

babyfinland posted:

stegosaurus posted:

I was thinking specifically of when they visit israeli settlements and say "these people seem like they just want to live in a suburb in peace" or something.

thirdplace posted:

i used to work in tourism in dc which meant i was constantly interacting with people from around the world and the israelis consistantly struck me as more american than the americans

same except my impression was from going on birthright, not working in tourism

jools posted:

well the main thing about them is their location more than their architecture. the truly rhizofascist aspect of israeli settlement is probably more the roads.

I'm new here, so I don't know if this like a commonly bandied idea in these parts or what, but this is like a real life thing, both in terms of after-the-fact analysis and actual tactics
http://www.frieze.com/issue/article/the_art_of_war/

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i really regret not going on birthright. not that im jewish at all but ive heard it's easy to fudge and i like travelling on someone else's dime.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

thirdplace posted:

you can learn a lot about a person by putting them on a segway <-- this but unironically

TG posted:

i really regret not going on birthright. not that im jewish at all but ive heard it's easy to fudge and i like travelling on someone else's dime.

I had an ex girlfriend who went on it and she said afterwards she knew how it felt to be a Palestinian. I asked her why and she said it was because she too got fucked by IDF soldiers.

What is Israel's economy?
a miserable little pile of insecurities

littlegreenpills posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

babyfinland posted:

stegosaurus posted:

e.g;

i thought most of the settlers were either russian immigrants or similar no-hopers who were either forced or bribed by the israeli welfare state to go and live in the west bank. why would anyone do it voluntarily

Lots of them are americans, and they're anecdotally by far the vilest of all the settlers

palafox posted:

jools posted:

I'm new here, so I don't know if this like a commonly bandied idea in these parts or what, but this is like a real life thing, both in terms of after-the-fact analysis and actual tactics
http://www.frieze.com/issue/article/the_art_of_war/

That sh*t is classic on the rhizzone. Almost as intrgral to rizzone as Crissi Cristie's magnum opus Rapeman

Edit: have you read The Hollow Land by eyal weizman. Check iot out

Edited by Crow ()

American israeli settlers are like settlers squared. Stick them up on mars against the marsmen and you'll have settlers so cubed you'd think picasso was a psychopath. Peace

Myfanwy posted:

persecution-industrial complex

if things had worked out, i'd have been in israel right now for a summer study abroad/smuggling trip

shermanstick posted:

if things had worked out, i'd have been in israel right now for a summer study abroad/smuggling trip

are you one of those hassidic jew ecstasy dealers

I hate white people goddamn

Groulxsmith posted:

I hate white people goddamn

they hate you too, heebomatica

The worst “crime” of these unfathomable settlers is simply wanting a piece of land, virgin land, on which to smell the fresh desert air and raise a loving family in a healthy, clean environment. It’s literally no different than your parents decided to move to Arizona, and I can’t see why these “Settlers” (oooh imagine that, settling on land!) get singled out so hatefully for any reason other than the obvious one, that they are Jewish.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

The worst “crime” of these unfathomable settlers is simply ( . . . ) that they are Jewish.

stegosaurus posted:

babyfinland posted:

stegosaurus posted:

I was thinking specifically of when they visit israeli settlements and say "these people seem like they just want to live in a suburb in peace" or something.

e.g. http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPolitics/Article.aspx?id=246202

Myfanwy posted:

finance, natural gas extraction, weapons development, semiconductor manufacturing, and diamonds (of course lol)

fertilizer

The worst “crime” of these unfathomable settlers is simply wanting a piece of land, virgin land, on which to smell the fresh desert air and raise a loving family in a healthy, clean environment. It’s literally no different than your parents decided to move to Arizona, and I can’t see why these “Settlers” (oooh imagine that, settling on land!) get singled out so hatefully for any reason other than the obvious one, that they are Jewish.

israel is probably the worst country except for all the ones we live in and tacitly support through our very existence

I’ve yet to hear an adequate explanation of why the occupiers of a settled continent feel they have the right to moralize about a few more suburbs being built overseas

I’ve yet to hear an adequate explanation of why the occupiers of a settled continent feel they have the right to moralize about a few more suburbs being built overseas

ive yet to hear an adequate explanation as to why you are allowed to speak when adults are talking

Because america was 95% depopulated by disease that was probably spread before any attempts at settlement were made, instead of depopulated by running into town with guns and throwing old men in wells and shooting anyone who didn't run away. And contemporary settlers are literally settling in the middle of places where people already live? I don't know if you're joking or not, but conflict between whites and indians didn't really have a contemporary israeli settler character until the united states expanded to the west, oklahoma is the easiest example

The the native Americans (and Aboriginies) sure had it pretty easy huh. If you look at the health and life expectancy indicators for those populations in the US, Canada or Australia I dare say they’re worse than the Palestinians have now.

Boston, Chicago, Sydney, Vancouver, these were all places where native populations lived and were forced off their land by disease or gunpoint. And apparently the decendents of the people who took that land now feel free to conveniently erase that from their ethical calculator while they lob rhetorical grenades at a handful of their contemporaries in the middle east. I just don't get the double standard, that's all.

Myfanwy posted:

Because america was 95% depopulated by disease that was probably spread before any attempts at settlement were made, instead of depopulated by running into town with guns and throwing old men in wells and shooting anyone who didn't run away. And contemporary settlers are literally settling in the middle of places where people already live? I don't know if you're joking or not, but conflict between whites and indians didn't really have a contemporary israeli settler character until the united states expanded to the west, oklahoma is the easiest example

look at this fucken post

jesus christy

babyfinland posted:

damn now im hungry

TROT_CUMLOVER posted:

Myfanwy posted:

look at this fucken post

everything in that post is true
you want to fight about it