who's this guy trying to fool
can anyone find the chapter calling "A land without a people for a people without a land" from Norman G. Finkelstein's "Image and Reality in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict"?

the narrative of colonization is always the same. manifest destiny, 'the empty land', 'savages who can't even make proper use of the land' etc etc.

the difference between the colonization of America and that of Palestine is more akin to the difference between the 1948 and 1967 borders. Ask David Ben-Gurion about that...

Goethestein posted:

shennong posted:

cool yeah, a drawing, convincing

are you under the impression that archaeological data isnt evidence or are you just a complete dunce

Transient_Grace posted:

Jared Diamond never says disease wiped out 90% of the native american population, the freaking book is called "Guns, Germs and Steel" and opens with an account of Francisco Pizarro's massacre of Cajarmaca.

Jared Diamond also have a glorious combover.

"Throughout the Americas, diseases introduced with Europeans spread from tribe to tribe far in advance of the Europeans themselves, killing an estimated 95 percent of the pre-Columbian Native American population."
-- j-dawg, in guns, germs, and steel

screw you buddy.

shennong posted:

Goethestein posted:

shennong posted:

are you under the impression that archaeological data isnt evidence or are you just a complete dunce

remember it's all bullshit platitudes designed to fit into the leftist narratives. goatstein's been to the anasazi cliff dwellings and is adamant he would never live there. they don't even have cable

lol owned

shennong posted:

Goethestein posted:

shennong posted:

you know what would be a good bit of archaeological evidence? millions of pretend corpses

well at least he goes on to say that at least in certain cases it was clear that the europeans were introducing disease on purpose, so it is a far cry from the 'gentle extermination' myth.

littlegreenpills posted:

shennong posted:

Goethestein posted:

shennong posted:

remember it's all bullshit platitudes designed to fit into the leftist narratives. goatstein's been to the anasazi cliff dwellings and is adamant he would never live there. they don't even have cable

have you been to an anasazi cliff dwilling? i have. they are cool and impressive and all, but not exactly anything you could imagine to be a bustling metropolis of thousands of people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mesaverde_cliffpalace_20030914.752.jpg

this is the biggest cliff dwelling in north america. it is smaller than a supermarket.
Let's call it what it is, Cahoaxia
once one of my friends went to a talk by a native lawyer here and he told me if she didn't shut up he'd give her a poison blanket. and i laughed a lot for some reason. then he died. not then. but... later.

Goethestein posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mesaverde_cliffpalace_20030914.752.jpgthis is the biggest cliff dwelling in north america. it is smaller than a supermarket.

that's pretty impressive honestly so i'm not sure that proves your point

you think the indians were advanced enough to support large populations? well here's a town they carved out of solid rock and was so resilient it's still standing to this day. your move, creep.

Lessons posted:

you think the indians were advanced enough to support large populations? well here's a town they carved out of solid rock and was so resilient it's still standing to this day. your move, creep.

that wasnt carved out of the rock. and i didnt say they werent advanced enough, i said that theres no evidence that such large populations ever actually existed

indians built the taj mahal.
okay what size populations is there evidence for, in your scholarly view
y'know goat, there's no skeletal evidence that the fertile crescent or the nile delta or medieval europe were in the millions. corpses rot, bones crumble - if you bury a body without a coffin then barring extraordinary conditions it will have disappeared within a century. there's a reason we don't base population estimates on a direct headcount of how many skeletons we can dig up. yawn. next point please
using goat science you could estimate there were only about 2,100 dinosaurs roaming the earth over a 300 million year period.
about 5-7 million people lived in north america, a significant fraction of them in mexico. many more in south america obviously
goatstein is at the bleeding edge of historical anthropology circa 1890. for his next trick he's gonna measure your head with calipers in order to determine how Aryan you are

littlegreenpills posted:

y'know goat, there's no skeletal evidence that the fertile crescent or the nile delta or medieval europe were in the millions. corpses rot, bones crumble - if you bury a body without a coffin then barring extraordinary conditions it will have disappeared within a century. there's a reason we don't base population estimates on a direct headcount of how many skeletons we can dig up. yawn. next point please

how about the fact that we have no evidence whatsoever that that number of people existed in any way, oral histories, large settlements, settler records, garbage volume, known hunter gatherer population densities, or the fact that most of the corpse piles in north america would have been only a century or two removed from modern scholarship

dont you know?? bodies disintegrate *conflates ancient egypt with shit that happened like 20 years before the advent of archaeology*
[account deactivated]

Myfanwy posted:

This is my basic outline of white traits
Beautiful
Noble
Courageous
Kind
Wise
Tall

Anyone who doesn't fit those is probably just a swamp hominid artefact population remnant

You are shit. This is in no way funny so cut it the fuck out.

Goethestein posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

how about the fact that we have no evidence whatsoever that that number of people existed in any way, oral histories, large settlements, settler records, garbage volume, known hunter gatherer population densities, or the fact that most of the corpse piles in north america would have been only a century or two removed from modern scholarship

hmm yes compel- *is crushed by collapse of bookshelf filled with volumes of midcontinental journal of archaeology*

there are european accounts of a population of one million in the pre-colonial urban centers in the PNW
is1491 good

tpaine posted:

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD

resident zionists goatstein and iwc divert the thread away from discussiofn of anti african racism in the zionist entity.

[account deactivated]
transeitngrace ur such a good poster when ur not posting about soccer...

tpaine posted:

TOM HELP ME

what is it now clarence you faggot

babyfinland posted:

is1491 good

its really bad

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

babyfinland posted:

tpaine posted:

TOM HELP ME

what is it now clarence you faggot

i...i...

out with it man damn yuo

someone get this man an icecream sandwich
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

get your friends to get you more wine and samwiches

Goethestein posted:

about 5-7 million people lived in north america, a significant fraction of them in mexico. many more in south america obviously

ubelakers commonly accepted estimate is about 2 million actually with about 75% of those dying from violence and disease after contact iirc