[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

NoFreeWill posted:

i'm religious but not spiritual.

same

c_man posted:

deadken posted:
i just finished lermontov's hero of our time & now i'm reading mishima's confessions of a mask. Cheers

i finished mishimas sound of waves and i didnt think it was that interesting. is it representative of his other stuff?

the sailor who fell from grace with the sea is a great book

yea
[account deactivated]
YEAH!!!
[account deactivated]
200 new posts in this thread huh.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
gnosticism is about kinky sex with mary magdalene by proxy
[account deactivated]
gnustics believe in the divine authority of richard m stallman
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

c_man posted:

deadken posted:

i just finished lermontov's hero of our time & now i'm reading mishima's confessions of a mask. Cheers

i finished mishimas sound of waves and i didnt think it was that interesting. is it representative of his other stuff?

nnot so much, i think you have to bear in mind it was sort of "commercial" in its nature. confessions of a mask plays to a demographic (i guess "people-who-liked-Dazai") but sound of waves i think is a sort of tentative attempt for him to find his precise lyrical voice and it didn't work out quite on point, compounded by the fact that he's a pretty difficult author to translate well. the sailor who fell with grace from the sea is what ppl shd start with imo

[account deactivated]
also gnocchi sticks? tpaines had enough already please dont bring up his failed business ventures
[account deactivated]
"its like Kraft Cheese Stringz....but made of potato starch!" "no." "no." "no." "no." let's see the next contestant on Dragons Den
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
one time i got visited by jehova herself and she told me theres no such thing as a demiurge
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i was visited by a jenovas witness that time i went to otacon
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
hi gang. i hope you're having a swell sunday.
[account deactivated]
i used to work with a jehovah's witness, he had all the goon hallmarks (interests, sense of humor, BMI) but for some reason he was really chill, gentle, positive and fair minded, and basically a great person with a natural yen to reach out to other people and work hard helping them. could it have been religion