prohairesis posted:

functionally he fit the same roles that insidious fascist academics usually perform (cementing anticommunism in academia + affirming capitalist propaganda disguised as "economics" to students + rehabilitating nietzsche).

this still doesn't differentiate between literal white supremacist, militarist, actual fascists and literally anyone else who had a chip on their shoulder wrt the actions of various communist organs for other reasons, or even garden variety liberals. "rehabilitating nietzsche" shouldn't be an excuse to lump someone in with ethnic supremacists.

i havent actually had any strong opinions about foucault since i graduated college but im glad I still leave a trail of cherry blossom petals wherever i walk. Page 284 everybody
it is truly, as though, you are a master, and we, are the puppets
foucault is a fascist because meaning is use
its good to see everyone agree with chomsky for once
Foucault is angry that you called him a fascist
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
im dead & gay
[account deactivated]

prohairesis posted:

the french communist party purged him for being gay, so he spent the rest of his career dissing marx despite never really reading him

i mean, i dont blame him for holding a grudge against commies out of that, but maybe just call out gauchistes instead of smearing a thinker you didnt even grasp in the first place?

oh and he also made his students read hayek and mises in the late 70s + loved the "potential" of neoliberalism if you read his lectures during that time #accelerate

add to that the ultraleft fetishism of "subversion" and you have all the signs of an awful thinker imo. also a bad historian but you already knew that

this is good Shit so im glad I posted

I take issue with the premise that being a fascist is implicitly "bad". It's like we aren't even in the 21st century anymore and judging people based upon labels is considered acceptable? smdh
[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

I take issue with the premise that being a fascist is implicitly "bad". It's like we aren't even in the 21st century anymore and judging people based upon labels is considered acceptable? smdh

i think that, actually, you don't take issue with that at all, and that you think being a fascist is a bad thing to be.

c_man posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

i think that, actually, you don't take issue with that at all, and that you think being a fascist is a bad thing to be.

You should respect other people's views.

c_man posted:

this still doesn't differentiate between literal white supremacist, militarist, actual fascists and literally anyone else who had a chip on their shoulder wrt the actions of various communist organs for other reasons, or even garden variety liberals. "rehabilitating nietzsche" shouldn't be an excuse to lump someone in with ethnic supremacists.

the fact that "garden variety liberals" can be seen to perform the same role as the fascist intellectual says a lot more about liberals than it does about the inadequacy of fascism as a category as we're using it imo

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

ylou are literally the only person on here who posts music i like

i overall don't like the zombies that much but that is 100% their peak right there in that song, time of the season is garbage compared to that song
[account deactivated]
i . . . i like nietzsche.

when he was good, he was very, very good,
but when he was bad, he was horrid.
who foucault
foucault yault
been reading about genet & he was actually so kool, i didnt know about his connection to the black panthers + palestinians. i especially liked this interview
EDIT: rong

blinkandwheeze posted:

c_man posted:

the fact that "garden variety liberals" can be seen to perform the same role as the fascist intellectual says a lot more about liberals than it does about the inadequacy of fascism as a category as we're using it imo

they can only be recognized as "performing the same role as fascist intellectuals" if the only characteristic you care about is whether or not someone is a marxist. it's a direct consequence of the definition you take for "fascism". like i said before, i think it's ridiculous to claim that foucault "performs the same role as a fascist intellectual", because i dont consider everyone who isn't a marxist to be a fascist. again, there's no ethnic supremacy, there's no militarism, so i don't know why you're so pressed about slapping a swastika on discipline and punish.

Edited by c_man ()

What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state, Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do.
That wasn't Full Communism, comrade.
I think its possible to be anti-capitalist and not Marxist, but it doesn't mean in society what I might mean by it. Not understanding or adhering 100% to a Marxist philosophical position/tradition is different than refusing to read him or ever research people who've studied what capitalism is and how it functions from a critical angle.

HenryKrinkle posted:

What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state, Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do.

Daniel Craig is Leonid Kantorovich, in, Price Theory in theaters this fall.

tpaine posted:

i'm the only one here with any kind of taste

you like prog-rock lol

otherwise your music taste is decent though.
*uploads the rush discography into your brain implant* welcome to full libertarianism, partner, now sign here.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
it's meandering useless garbage and is about as stimulating and interesting as watching a blender work filled with pop rocks and vanilla pudding

tpaine posted:

NoFreeWill posted:

tpaine posted:

i'm the only one here with any kind of taste

you like prog-rock lol

the only prog i really listen to is yes, which is the best band ever

this is also an unassailable masterpiece

camel also rules if you are a person who likes good things

i like the song "roundabout" by yes, which i first heard as the closing theme for the first season of the anime, jojos bizarre adventure. it apparently inspired the author when he was writing the series.

i only listen to the six most popular pop songs at the moment on repeat, all day
good luck
[account deactivated]