progs cool
[account deactivated]

there u go, the greatest cultural offerings of modern civilization. if u dont like those songs u are literally a subhuman. next month there will be another six songs, chosen by the people for the people facilitated by the market, welcome to democracy.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
this is still my favorite bobby conn performance especially when he accidentally slips in the original lyric near the end out of sheer passion

Edited by aerdil ()

[account deactivated]
this pudding blender ship seems interetig. I'm intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter
this page just let me know i got a new flash blocker and forgot it works though

tpaine posted:

uh that song was like uh, what happens when i toss and turn in bed and i like pull the fitted sheet over the mattress, and in my slumber i begin to whet the mattress itself, rather than the fitted sheet which is the target, with my body grease and am therefore faced with the hobson's choice: get up and pull the fitted sheet back over the mattress, thus costing myself precious moments of rest, or continue to sully an expensive mattress with my filth. in the same way, do i continue listening to this, holy shit, 15 minute song, or go and listen to what my attention span allows, which is apparently 1:30 punk songs by emononaonlgnongona's old band, POISON YEARS

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
pull my strings tpaine
i only listen to genres with post in the title, due to my attachment to the mode of communication used on message boards.

tpaine posted:

what is the actual problem people here have with prog?

the fact that "garden variety liberals" can be seen to enjoy prog rock the same as fascist intellectual says a lot more about prog rock than it does about the inadequacy of fascism as a category as we're using it imo

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

I'm currently reading the grundrisse and while most of its pretty hard to grasp, pages 333 - 341 (regarding socially necessary labour time) pretty much shows what a genius marx was imo

Edited by WildStalins ()

tpaine posted:

c_man posted:

tpaine posted:

NoFreeWill posted:

tpaine posted:

i'm the only one here with any kind of taste

you like prog-rock lol

the only prog i really listen to is yes, which is the best band ever

this is also an unassailable masterpiece

camel also rules if you are a person who likes good things

i like the song "roundabout" by yes, which i first heard as the closing theme for the first season of the anime, jojos bizarre adventure. it apparently inspired the author when he was writing the series.

that's a pretty inconsequential yes song, though not bad. you should check this shit out

it's long but very engaging throughout

thanks tpaine, i like it

WildStalins posted:

I'm currently reading the grundrisse and while most of its pretty hard to grasp, pages 333 - 341 (regarding socially necessary labour time) pretty much shows what a genius marx was imo

which edition are u reading. or is there only one

the person who translated the grundrisse which penguin uses also wrote one of the main books arguing that the soviet union was state capitalist from a ML perspective. this is his website now http://nicolaus.com/mn/
hahaha

getfiscal posted:

the person who translated the grundrisse which penguin uses also wrote one of the main books arguing that the soviet union was state capitalist from a ML perspective. this is his website now http://nicolaus.com/mn/

he has his autobiography posted up and here's the part when he was translating it:

In those days you could still live frugally in San Francisco. After a week or so crashing at my friend’s apartment on Shrader Street I found an affordable room at the Hotel Stella upstairs from Le Boeuf restaurant on lower Washington Street, between Montgomery and Sansome. Generations of San Francisco immigrants had lived here. The rent was $9 a week. My room resembled a monk’s cubicle. There was a small steam radiator. There was a built-in sink cabinet and closet opposite the door, a sagging single bed on the left, and a narrow window on an air shaft on the right. At night, the exhaust from the grill at LeBoeuf filled the air shaft, and for a while I became a vegetarian in reaction to this nightly siege of steak vapor. I had a picture of Marx on one wall and a poster of a topless Janis Joplin on the other.

lmao. same.

someone get this guy an account.
*googles naked janis joplin with such speed i snap my keyboard*

Themselves posted:

I think its possible to be anti-capitalist and not Marxist, but it doesn't mean in society what I might mean by it. Not understanding or adhering 100% to a Marxist philosophical position/tradition is different than refusing to read him or ever research people who've studied what capitalism is and how it functions from a critical angle.

reactionaries are anti-capitalist in that they attack the global neoliberal order from a libertarian or nationalistic ideological world. all the major right wing parties in europe from front national to UKIP look towards russia for inspiration, orban basically holds up putin as an example of patriotic christian rule... anyways the point is that we should support the liberal, egalitarian european project against the rising right wing and not side with reactionaries because they are anti-capitalist or against amerikkka in aesthetics

i want to apologise to conec et al for my crass, p'gish joke. i apologise, again. I'm sorry.
p'g sh't f'cker is the best meme of 2014 imo
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
actually it's Talk Talk New Grass is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuYNidNgQic
[account deactivated]

stegosaurus posted:

WildStalins posted:
which edition are u reading. or is there only one

the penguin edition. the cover has a kid holding bricks on his shoulder and he looks grim as fvck

[account deactivated]
i listened to those songs, and liked them
[account deactivated]
this people's voice (CPUSA) article argues that kucinich is "ultra-left" because he wants people not to vote for anyone who backed the war on hajji.

edit: link helps http://www.peoplesworld.org/kucinich-appeal-to-vote-your-conscience-ignores-the-big-picture/