getfiscal posted:

i have been reading about german philosophy.

verdict??

he had fail aids before it was funny and acceptable

daddyholes posted:

getfiscal posted:

verdict??

gaey

daddyholes posted:

getfiscal posted:

verdict??

so he was avidly hegelian, well that settles that *klimans Puppy Luna scores dissolve into glowing backwards japanese and fly into ceiling vent*

daddyholes posted:

getfiscal posted:

verdict??

its interesting but I have no tools with which to judge it yet. my main issue is the relation between Hegel and Marx

getfiscal posted:

daddyholes posted:

getfiscal posted:

verdict??

its interesting but I have no tools with which to judge it yet. my main issue is the relation between Hegel and Marx

This was much how Hegel's dialectical system was meant to work, though he probably wouldn't have seen it that way.

roseweird posted:

daddyholes posted:

got it but i meant more like we should burn all his books and put his supporters on trial, when the good times roll of course

what do you find so violently objectionable about foucault

being gay is enough for most cathloics to want someone dead

well i want to say that foucault was an interesting and informative guy for a fascist who had no interest in finding any support for his claims

daddyholes posted:

for a fascist

uh huh

uh wait why we using the f word for Foucault, a guy who got famous criticizing expressions of social dominance and normativity in all forms
this place is like "yeah those things you read? It's always the opposite"
michel foucault, well known for his enthusiasm and support for nationalist ethnic supremacy, militarism, and the police state,
oh wait he probably said something mean about stalin, which means he's literally hitler
whats so controversial about pointing out that foucault was a fascist
he was this little hitler youth type guy who was just like "fascism ftw" all day in secret probably, what's the issue
its a ridiculous claim
dude was a fascist though, i havent seen a single piece of evidence to refute that here in this(!) thread and since its accepted knowledge i will need some sort of argument on your part to assume good faith.
its ironic to see a devout catholic of all people slinging "fascist" around
i mean i guess it's cool for the church if the word "fascist" loses all meaning since that makes it's collusion with actual fascists seem like less of a big deal
i dont know man, guy seems hella fascist. are we going to talk about how foucault was a fascist or not
i asked him if he was a fascist and he said "yes" case closed
no actual fascist has admitted to being a fascist since 1945. those who do are cosplayers

daddyholes posted:

i dont know man, guy seems hella fascist. are we going to talk about how foucault was a fascist or not

what about him says "fascist" to you?

i am going to take this discussion seriously, i literally want to know why you would want to have a definition of "fascist" that includes michel foucault
i am taking it seriously
what are the things about foucault that make you want to describe him as a fascist?
is he a Liberal, in a Crisis, maybe?
or is he like the catholic church, and supports ethnic cleansing?
because i dont remember that part of discipline and punish
then again theres the now confirmed evidence of Mike Foucault accepting an award from Organisation de l'armée secrète:

Spoiler!

c_man posted:

oh wait he probably said something mean about stalin, which means he's literally hitler

the french communist party purged him for being gay, so he spent the rest of his career dissing marx despite never really reading him

i mean, i dont blame him for holding a grudge against commies out of that, but maybe just call out gauchistes instead of smearing a thinker you didnt even grasp in the first place?

oh and he also made his students read hayek and mises in the late 70s + loved the "potential" of neoliberalism if you read his lectures during that time #accelerate

add to that the ultraleft fetishism of "subversion" and you have all the signs of an awful thinker imo. also a bad historian but you already knew that

Edited by prohairesis ()

i don't think being gay is the same as being a fascist, regardless of what you learned when you were learning your catechism
please don't troll

prohairesis posted:

c_man posted:

the french communist party purged him for being gay, so he spent the rest of his career dissing marx despite never really reading him

i mean, i dont blame him for holding a grudge against commies out of that, but maybe just call out gauchistes instead of smearing a thinker you didnt even grasp in the first place?

oh and he also made his students read hayek and mises in the late 70s + loved the "potential" of neoliberalism if you read his lectures during that time #accelerate

all around the signs of an awful thinker imo. also a bad historian but you already knew that

so again we get back to "says mean things about stalin = fascist"

double
im sad that defending bigots in the name of communism is more important than a definition of fascism that makes any sense
something so forbidden that it may not even be defined beyond categorization as noun or adjective
i dont think he was fascist if that wasnt clear, but functionally he fit the same roles that insidious fascist academics usually perform (cementing anticommunism in academia + affirming capitalist propaganda disguised as "economics" to students + rehabilitating nietzsche). i think thats agreeable enough
maybe...maybe being kicked out of the communist party for being gay had something to do with that. maybe...