turnout, turnout, turnout is the key - karl marx
the cpusa is hilarious.
This is what the philosophers calls "reductio ad absurdum,"
Yesterday I was lounging at a cafe on the couch reading some Barthes sipping on a cappuccino. This older dude, probably in his 60s, walks in and sits down next to me with his own cappuccino and pulls out the books he's reading. Barthes and Zizek. He had disgustingly long fingernails and the musk of an hoarder about him. He told me he was an artist and majored in philosophy himself long ago. It was like peeking into my own sad future.

aerdil posted:

Yesterday I was lounging at a cafe on the couch reading some Barthes sipping on a cappuccino. This older dude, probably in his 60s, walks in and sits down next to me with his own cappuccino and pulls out the books he's reading. Barthes and Zizek. He had disgustingly long fingernails and the musk of an hoarder about him. He told me he was an artist and majored in philosophy himself long ago. It was like peeking into my own sad future.

or you could work in advertising, your choice. maybe, if you work very hard, you can become a lawyer

how does the cpusa still have the same line lol
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Hr0-ZCb0nr4
http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB487/
what's a good book on U.S./Philippines
Gramscion-Frankfart deprogramming eError...U.ploading corrective Chomskylian hierarchy language organ....

fullcommunism
tpaine i have unironically been listening to the stuff you told me to and i unironically like it
*throws powder on campfire and it flares up blue* did anyone figure out what trotskyism is yet
[account deactivated]
do you listen to the boredoms? because some parts of relayer remind me of their album "vision creation newsun"
[account deactivated]
my favorites:

not gonna lie they're fairly different and the similarity that i noticed could just be an artifact of my lack of musical breadth, but i hope you enjoy them anyway
i unironically love the term "cultural marxism" because it makes me imagine a bunch of nerds playing magic cards in fur hats on the quad

TheIneff posted:

what's a good book on U.S./Philippines

there's a good essay in benedict anderson's "the spectre of comparisons" dealing with it, plus another one that puts it into the context of broader transnational political enitities.

he also has this essay, which briefly touches on it http://newleftreview.org/I/169/benedict-anderson-cacique-democracy-and-the-philippines-origins-and-dreams which is savaged here (sometimes unfairly) http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/00472339280000191
haven't gone through any full books specifically, though anderson cites a bunch

boredoms fuckin slay
I'm on the train from NYC to Montreal and I'm pretty sure masao is sitting across the aisle from me. He was just ranting about the tyranny of the Canadian health care system. he has a book on the floor by his feet called Canadian Patriot: News from the Northern Front that looks like he printed it off and bound it himself, the Autumn 2012 edition.

I hope it's masao. he sounds so much like him. so that's not what I'm reading, but it's what he's reading
Montreal owns enjoy, also come up with a test for Masao to see if it's really him
let me talk to him
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

also you should know masao would never be caught ranting in public, if you had truly seen his videos. nardo

he definitely did not seem like he spent a lot of time talking to other people. i think he has evolved

[account deactivated]
well then he has a brother with the same voice, same tendency to self-interrupt, same accent, and same detachment from reality, who lives in the same city
[account deactivated]
oh.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

is everyone seeing the ownage i'm posting tonight? this is some hot fire.

yeah

fleights posted:

Themselves posted:

I think its possible to be anti-capitalist and not Marxist, but it doesn't mean in society what I might mean by it. Not understanding or adhering 100% to a Marxist philosophical position/tradition is different than refusing to read him or ever research people who've studied what capitalism is and how it functions from a critical angle.

reactionaries are anti-capitalist in that they attack the global neoliberal order from a libertarian or nationalistic ideological world. all the major right wing parties in europe from front national to UKIP look towards russia for inspiration, orban basically holds up putin as an example of patriotic christian rule... anyways the point is that we should support the liberal, egalitarian european project against the rising right wing and not side with reactionaries because they are anti-capitalist or against amerikkka in aesthetics

finally we have an antideutsch poster.

[account deactivated]
is there anything that antideutchers have in common that aren't "radical left" and "pro-israel"?
a shared hatred for summer's eve

c_man posted:

is there anything that antideutchers have in common that aren't "radical left" and "pro-israel"?

seasonal affective disorder

i finished maldoror and some other stuff.

everyone read these this guy is cool:
http://www.jasonwmoore.com/Essays.html

capitalism as world-ecology!!