lmao oh man am i going to have fun with "holocaust remembrance is a form of privilege"

discipline posted:

We are then told in brief and in passing that Nazi antisemitism was somewhat of an economic thing, that the Europeans were jealous of the Jewish people's accumulated wealth in a time of poverty

well as long as that never happens again everything should be fine right

i don't think it's really accurate to call the jews killed in the holocaust richer than the germans who killed them we're talkin warsaw not manhattan here
[account deactivated]
Jews are good people for the most part.
i've known a lot of really excellent jews

Goethestein posted:

like abloooo mechanized death, quelle horror. the nazis exterminated about 13 million civilians from all of continental europe over the span of six years with their ghettos and camps and fancy nerve gas and machine guns and advanced train system. but the hutu hacked over half a million people to death in one country in less than 100 days with bare feet, sharpened hunks of airplane parts and a can-do attitude. mechanisation is the Twitter of genocide: potentially useful but really overblown just because it's new

idk, today we 'efficiently' exterminate for meat magnitudes more sentient beings than the nazis in an enhanced version of their system.

tho a quarterly incitation on fox or sth for suburban families to slaughter pigs and cows with machetes would be fun

the difference is that the massacre of tutsis simply led to a rebel victory and tutsis are doing pretty well for themselves now. meanwhile the holocaust completely destroyed the eastern european jewish diaspora and contributed to the birth of israel, ending the jew's wandering and turning them into a true nation. indeed, they became a special kind of nation, a settler state, built on their own founding genocide, which is the essence of nazi thought.
No, the difference is that America wanted the tutsis to be massacred to drive France out of sub-saharan africa and claim a base to seize Congolese resources (according to globalresearch.ca).
fuck the nazis not 4 whut they did - but 4 the inevitable zionist response!!

thirdplace posted:

i don't think it's really accurate to call the jews killed in the holocaust richer than the germans who killed them we're talkin warsaw not manhattan here

poland is a backwoods shithole, not reflective of the original state of germany leading to the anger towards the jews which started the whole thing. but even if we can agree that the jews weren't richer than germans as a whole, the former is the richest ethnic group on the planet earth today which explains why we hear so much about their democide than that of dozens of other peoples or even the majority of nazi victims in WWII

Edited by Goethestein ()

xipe posted:

Goethestein posted:

like abloooo mechanized death, quelle horror. the nazis exterminated about 13 million civilians from all of continental europe over the span of six years with their ghettos and camps and fancy nerve gas and machine guns and advanced train system. but the hutu hacked over half a million people to death in one country in less than 100 days with bare feet, sharpened hunks of airplane parts and a can-do attitude. mechanisation is the Twitter of genocide: potentially useful but really overblown just because it's new

idk, today we 'efficiently' exterminate for meat magnitudes more sentient beings than the nazis in an enhanced version of their system.

tho a quarterly incitation on fox or sth for suburban families to slaughter pigs and cows with machetes would be fun

the problem is that you can't kick down your neighbor's door and find a bunch of cows so it isn't precisely translatable

from what i remember the explanation of why they started using gas chambers and stuff like that was because just shooting that many people was either impractical or a waste of bullets. of course if this was seriously a problem they could just use a guillotine. or select one group of inmates willing to use wood axes or just heavy sticks on others in order to secure better treatment for themselves. but the gas chamber had practical benefits that those more straightforward methods did not: the illusion of civility, the preservation of order, plausible deniability, removal of personal responsibility. the gas chambers are seen as horrible. a thousand tutsi raped to death and left in a swamp to be eaten by animals is horrible. the gas chambers were clinical. live people go in, dead people come out, bloodlessly and quietly thanks to the foot-thick concrete walls. a quantum box.

that's the beauty of it. nobody has to consider themselves responsible. nobody thinks they are a murderer. the nazi official is just making policy decrees. the nazi officer who captures people is just following orders. the train conductor is just transporting cargo. the guy who leads the people into the gas chamber is just moving prisoners. the guy who flips the switch isn't really killing them, the gas is doing that, besides he can't see them and is just following orders anyway. the guys who come to clean up the bodies are just disposing of industrial waste.

some stupider people would argue that this is because human beings are too good to do these sorts of things without the removal of personal culpability. but that is inaccurate. people are not good, they are cowardly and supremely capable of hiding behind self-delusion. they have no problem doing anything if they can make it somebody or something else's fault.

Edited by Goethestein ()

goatstein you're actually anti-semitic
how almost every single member of the human race ever to exist totally lacks any principles is a really interesting topic. people who elevate any principle above their own security and self-interest are so rare that we canonize them as martyrs or we ceaselessly focus on the three or four people who did much to undermine the holocaust instead of the tens of thousands of people who directly perpetuated it.

my favorite example is exposure. in classical Mediterranean societies, infanticide was illegal and wrong. but leaving your baby out in the middle of the wilderness and walking away wasn't because you weren't killing it, the elements were, and besides the gods could intervene to save the baby if it was meant to be. they were totally open and nonchalant about it in their writings like it was something to do in between getting groceries and watching two and a half men. so these enlightened people causally tortured what probably amounted to millions of babies to death over the centuries because dealing with raising them was suboptimal and just doing a quick mercykilling made them feel icky. the egyptians of the day thought this was horrifying and the greatest thinkers of greece wrote that they were naive ignorant pussies for it. the human race
at least they weren't exposed to your posts.

babyhueypnewton posted:

i don't think so. why do you think that we hear so much more so much more frequently about the jewish part of the holocaust than about other mass slaughters? it didn't have the biggest bodycount. it wasn't the most complete or successful. it wasn't the most recent. jews weren't even the majority of those killed. do you think it is primarily due to some factor i have forgotten, some confluence of the factors listed above, or do you think it is primarily because jews have more money and influence than roma, armenians, tutsis, cambodians, arawaks, incas or tasmanians?

It's because judaism is the foundation of western thought. for more, read "the anti-christ" by george r.r. martin

Goethestein posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

i don't think so. why do you think that we hear so much more so much more frequently about the jewish part of the holocaust than about other mass slaughters? it didn't have the biggest bodycount. it wasn't the most complete or successful. it wasn't the most recent. jews weren't even the majority of those killed. do you think it is primarily due to some factor i have forgotten, some confluence of the factors listed above, or do you think it is primarily because jews have more money and influence than roma, armenians, tutsis, cambodians, arawaks, incas or tasmanians?

I know you're being disingenuous but hopefully this isn't one of those things you argue about where you're so dumb you actually half believe it

i'd like to hear an answer actually. how weird that cash rules everything around me unless it involves jews.
my computer is broken so I'm forced to use my phone and god forbid I make a long post on this thing lol but to sum it in the most simplistic way you're conflating jews with zionists and using it to justify anti-semitism lmao
i'm not conflating jews with zionists, nor am i even saying anything bad about jews. there's nothing wrong with, and certainly nothing unique about, trying to get people to pay attention to crimes against your people, even if these crimes are lesser than those against other people. my point is that jews have been more successful at this not necessarily because they really were treated objectively the worst of anybody in history but rather because they have the money and power in media, government and academia to market the story effectively
good to know you think jews are the same as zionists i guess

Goethestein posted:

i'm not conflating jews with zionists, nor am i even saying anything bad about jews. there's nothing wrong with, and certainly nothing unique about, trying to get people to pay attention to crimes against your people, even if these crimes are lesser than those against other people. my point is that jews have been more successful at this not necessarily because they really were treated objectively the worst of anybody in history but rather because they have the money and power in media, government and academia to market the story effectively

Jews rule everything around me.

DeleuzerAndRetardi posted:

good to know you think jews are the same as zionists i guess

i didnt think compaing about the holocaust was an exclusively zionist thing. nice info mr. ahmadinejad

while it is true that jews have suffered prejudice in the united states and many leftists do not regard them as traditionally "white" for this reason, it's also true that the average jewish holocaust victim was substantially whiter than the average apache, zulu, viet, or kikyu. holocaust remembrance is not only privilege but white privilege.

Goethestein posted:

lmao oh man am i going to have fun with "holocaust remembrance is a form of privilege"

babyhueypnewton posted:

ahh the marxist internationalist shows his true loyalties

Goethestein posted:

i'd like to hear an answer actually. how weird that cash rules everything around me unless it involves jews.

nobody on this forum wants to have a serious discussion about Jewish privilige and they all turn into simpering liberals when you raise it, it's really weird.

DeleuzerAndRetardi posted:

conflating jews with zionists

Um, he didn't start that fire dude

One example of Jewish privilege in America, only they are legally allowed to kiss a baby’s dick
http://www.liberal.org.au/chooks/
most jews are zionists. i'd say the large majority, actually. i know that there are polls where less than a majority of american jews respond affirmatively to "are you a zionist" but that doesn't really mean anything. most people hate saying that they are any kind of -ist.

it's like the feminist argument: do you support women being able to vote, earn equal money and not be beaten and raped? then you're a feminist! do you support the jewish people having a secure jewish homeland? then you're a zionist!
[account deactivated]
he's from a land down under

roseweird posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:
Goethestein posted:

nobody on this forum wants to have a serious discussion about Jewish privilige and they all turn into simpering liberals when you raise it, it's really weird.

i have a lot of thoughts on jewish privilege in the u.s., but it's hard to talk about it without talking about white privilege, because the two are not very distinct. basically jews inhabit white culture but are exotified by both whites and blacks in the u.s., and are disarmingly ambiguous to many immigrants who are unfamiliar with american jews. or this might just be my (mixed) perspective. i don't know shit about finance, but i did grow up with a creepy jewish uncle who was obviously into big time shady dealings (spooky little home office with big financial computer setups in the late 80s/early 90s), while the rich people on the gentile side of my family would just climbed their way up huge international bank hierarchies instead. i don't know if one kind of fucking people over nets you more unjust privilege than the other, but there you go.

but why are you so aching to talk about jewish privilege iwc

cuz i wanna know what sort of perks i get if i convert

jewish privilege: get your own subsidized nation on another continent because some unrelated people treated you like shit. like, okay Mohicans, good news, we feel bad about the settlers killing a lot of you, so we're giving you Hokkaido and a bunch of jet fighters in case the natives dont like it
[account deactivated]