let's not review movies
let's not and say we did. let's and say we didn't

Groulxsmith posted:

hey lf why don't movies made for children & designed to make a billion dollars share my theories of political economy

Ok, so who do we blame for knocking down the WTC--the obvious, prefabricated enemy weve been steadily building up in the public mindset as an existential threat to human civilization or......Godzilla? *immediately rushes out to build convincing full-size Godzilla replica*

Impper posted:

let's not review movies

yea

i don't think anyone did & or was about to
Paradise Now was pretty good

Alyosha posted:

Paradise Now was pretty good

i like how they switch it on you in a way thats totally realistic

venture bros. went way downhill when the creators started getting up their ass aboout their own mythos and also when they did that tthing where it turns out everybodys always known each other!! how weird

Goethestein posted:

venture bros. went way downhill when the creators started getting up their ass aboout their own mythos and also when they did that tthing where it turns out everybodys always known each other!! how weird

good review goatsten. please edit your post to allow for publishing, and post a picture of a dead baby for us to use on the front page

you know that thing when nerds reference anakin building c3p0 in the prequels?

Goethestein posted:

go fuck yourself. you're really hurting my feelings here

guidoanselmi posted:

Goethestein posted:

go fuck yourself. you're really hurting my feelings here

your triggering me.

i watched the last 10 minutes of melancholia to see rich people incinerated
have you guys seen breaking bad
breaking bad owens.
i like the new seasons more because theres not a lot of filler with the secondary characters anymore
uh oh walt and jesse are just a phone call away from getting tortured by psychos! but what about skyler and the pta? lets take up the next ten minutes with that shit.

Edited by Goethestein ()

Goethestein posted:

your triggering me.

self-rape?

i skipped the fly episode. sorry.
the fly episode was good

guidoanselmi posted:

i skipped the fly episode. sorry.

thats the best one

i like season 5 because the writers embraced Full Spaghetti Western-Opera Thematic for the big finale and they're making it work. The THing That Happens to Mike could have been botched really badly but they pulled it off.

also when that recent episode opened with walter staring at a fly i was like oh my god THE FLY
i like skyler, but i've only seen season 1+half of season 2
skyler is an annoying, boring, unlikable character and its cool because goons cant express that in any other way than FUCKING RAPE AND MUREDER THAT BITCH CUNT
goons...

babyfinland posted:

thats the best one

yeah i tell myself i'll go back and watch it. i'm sure it was a good episode but i wanted to keep the plot going

http://designtaxi.com/news/352874/A-Breaking-Bad-LEGO-Meth-Lab/

last time i checked jib isnt blue although its admittedly been a while
lol skyler is the moral anchor, the only character who doesnt get swept up in the whimsical horror of This Gay Earth
how does she not? between the embezzling, cheating, more embezzling, lying, etc.

like walter she had her own decisions of no return to make and they all have her being swept up much like everyone else. (havent seen new season)
I watched the movie where they go to the other planet and there are aliens. The movie sucked because all of the characters acted like children who just touched and played with everything they encountered in a very immature and dangerous manner. Totally ruined the immersion. The only good thing about the movie was that it was called Prometheus which actually is a bad thing because the good title gave me false hope.

reggaelolita posted:

there are many coolw ays to kill charlotte gainsbourg

Lykourgos posted:

I watched the movie where they go to the other planet and there are aliens. The movie sucked because all of the characters acted like children who just touched and played with everything they encountered in a very immature and dangerous manner. Totally ruined the immersion. The only good thing about the movie was that it was called Prometheus which actually is a bad thing because the good title gave me false hope.

prometheus would be agood name for some spicy snack food

Prometheus is pretty good. The scientists are portrayed is idiots and moreover until hell breaks loose none of them is expecting to be in a horror movie. Also, its a horror movie.
[account deactivated]

kinch posted:

reggaelolita posted:

there are many coolw ays to kill charlotte gainsbourg

there could be a fatal accident in serge's sex dungeon, for one.

guidoanselmi posted:

how does she not? between the embezzling, cheating, more embezzling, lying, etc.

like walter she had her own decisions of no return to make and they all have her being swept up much like everyone else. (havent seen new season)

like all women she has the luxury of sacrificing herself to her children in full...

Skyler owns, her 'playing along with Walt' is literally played straight as her coping with spousal abuse, this becomes very apparent during season 5. she is not perfect because breaking bad has no perfect individuals (holly?) but she is definitely a sympathetic character who was blind sided by her husband's sudden transformation into the dark lord lucifer.

also, there's an interview with Anna Gunn where she says that Vince Gilligan instructed her to constantly play Skyler in an 'inaccessible manner' so that she wouldn't come off as a 'stereotypical TV woman' because he felt that if people will like Skyler too much they will find Walt's actions in season 2 to be inexcusable.