Alyosha posted:

hahahahahhahahaha

Transient_Grace posted:

Skyler owns, her 'playing along with Walt' is literally played straight as her coping with spousal abuse, this becomes very apparent during season 5. she is not perfect because breaking bad has no perfect individuals (holly?) but she is definitely a sympathetic character who was blind sided by her husband's sudden transformation into the dark lord lucifer.

also, there's an interview with Anna Gunn where she says that Vince Gilligan instructed her to constantly play Skyler in an 'inaccessible manner' so that she wouldn't come off as a 'stereotypical TV woman' because he felt that if people will like Skyler too much they will find Walt's actions in season 2 to be inexcusable.

the massive internet Skyler hate is seriously one of the weirdest things in the world to me. shes such a great character.

i guess most white internet males are still living in a world where getting cheated on once is the Absolute Worst Thing that can ever happen to you to which i say "good luck on your midterms guys"

skyler is boring and annoying. imo

Lykourgos posted:

I watched the movie where they go to the other planet and there are aliens. The movie sucked because all of the characters acted like children who just touched and played with everything they encountered in a very immature and dangerous manner. Totally ruined the immersion. The only good thing about the movie was that it was called Prometheus which actually is a bad thing because the good title gave me false hope.

to expand on this a bit:
1. the two 'leads' are two archeologists who stumbled upon the their spacey discovery, they were not qualified to lead the expedition in anyway.
2. the rest of the technical crew knew nothing of the expedition or its purpose and couldn't be even remotely prepared to anything they were about to encounter, they were indeed quite scared (and homo-erotic) as soon as they started finding the space jockey artifacts.
3. Weyland knew all along what was up and he was actually more than willing to let his crew stumble like idiots and endanger themselves having no clue what they were about to face.
4. Nobody knew anything about the proto-xenomoprh/seed-of-life black goo before shit started going wrong.

also the movie is amazing visually.

Prometheus was fun but it really was just a visually impressive horror movie with adults instead of extras from Gossip Girl. People wandered around aimlessly, had no idea what was going on, constantly split up for no reason, put their grubby mitts on everything, and became psychotic and irrational at the first sign of trouble. There was even a scene where the Idiot played cootchie-cootchie-coo with an obviously dangerous gremlin space slug like a kitty cat and was immediately horribly killed
fuck tv shows. fuck movies. adorno was right.

Superabound posted:

There was even a scene where the Idiot played cootchie-cootchie-coo with an obviously dangerous gremlin space slug like a kitty cat and was immediately horribly killed

it's because it looks like a penis and that character is implied to be a homo. real dat.

Superabound posted:

Transient_Grace posted:

Skyler owns, her 'playing along with Walt' is literally played straight as her coping with spousal abuse, this becomes very apparent during season 5. she is not perfect because breaking bad has no perfect individuals (holly?) but she is definitely a sympathetic character who was blind sided by her husband's sudden transformation into the dark lord lucifer.

also, there's an interview with Anna Gunn where she says that Vince Gilligan instructed her to constantly play Skyler in an 'inaccessible manner' so that she wouldn't come off as a 'stereotypical TV woman' because he felt that if people will like Skyler too much they will find Walt's actions in season 2 to be inexcusable.

the massive internet Skyler hate is seriously one of the weirdest things in the world to me. shes such a great character.

i guess most white internet males are still living in a world where getting cheated on once is the Absolute Worst Thing that can ever happen to you to which i say "good luck on your midterms guys"

she didn't cheat

Transient_Grace posted:

it's because it looks like a penis and that character is implied to be a homo. real dat.

i look like a penis and no one ever plays with me

animedad posted:

Goethestein posted:

animedad posted:

is this a kind of joke

EJK my israeli friend taught me that card game 'yaniv(?)' tonite. are u a fan?

babyfinland posted:

Goethestein posted:

animedad posted:

is this a kind of joke

those are downvotes. did you watch the last episode of breaking bad

I watched the first two seasons of the bad and thought it was ok, I really liked how much of a loser walter is, throwing pizza on roofs and everything. I guess it got way better though?
get the fuck out of my life if throwing a pizza on the roof is not the most terrifying act of violence you can imagine
Yeah i just throw them on top of my microwave / on to the floor all over my apartment / my bed
btw if anyone here hasnt seen pontypool yet you should probably netflix it right now & watch it w/o reading the description

Goethestein posted:

babyfinland posted:

Goethestein posted:

animedad posted:

is this a kind of joke

those are downvotes. did you watch the last episode of breaking bad

yeah ive seen the episode and remember the scene i just didnt get the joke

Superabound posted:

Prometheus was fun but it really was just a visually impressive horror movie with adults instead of extras from Gossip Girl. People wandered around aimlessly, had no idea what was going on, constantly split up for no reason, put their grubby mitts on everything, and became psychotic and irrational at the first sign of trouble. There was even a scene where the Idiot played cootchie-cootchie-coo with an obviously dangerous gremlin space slug like a kitty cat and was immediately horribly killed

i saw this movie with {REDACTED} and we agree fully. i hope the other 2/3 of the prometheus trilogy are better although i dont expect it

[account deactivated]
Who here has seen killer joe?
kylejack is posting in the TVIV thread sperging about how the OBL assassination reference is ahistorical and breaks his immersion for breaking the BB chronology bla bla bla bla

Transient_Grace posted:

kylejack is posting in the TVIV thread sperging about how the OBL assassination reference is ahistorical and breaks his immersion for breaking the BB chronology bla bla bla bla

oh man, fuck those fascist mods.

i didn't think i'd live to see the 4th reich, but i did. and its the somethingawful forum administration
honestly they're pretty good at keeping their community on track and 'productive' as far as forum based communities go, sa is one of the less destructive forum environments out there and them rejecting the lf community makes complete sense once you remember that about 90% of the lf posters migrated to wddp/post* and are terrible drama queens.

god bless lowtax and the glorious goon community, may it thrive for a thousand years.

the mods are the robot and we're the cat. wake up sheeple!

Transient_Grace posted:

honestly they're pretty good at keeping their community on track and 'productive' as far as forum based communities go, sa is one of the less destructive forum environments out there and them rejecting the lf community makes complete sense once you remember that about 90% of the lf posters migrated to wddp/post* and are terrible drama queens.

god bless lowtax and the glorious goon community, may it thrive for a thousand years.

goons with spoons is really cool

so is goons in platoons
name one sa forum that isn't vastly superior to all other forums to all other forums dealing with the same subject. Goons are the best people.

i think we can all agree that old lf was a thriving and evolving community compared to the stagnation we have here at the rzone . a community that can susain both LF and GIP for half a decade is certainly more impressive than the sort of forumz that can't even deal with the sort of disagreements we've seen tearing apart the various lf diaspora communities.
the crowd here is older, our thought is set, now all that remains is leaving an ideologically pure corpse given current leading light communist thought.
Beasts of the Southern Wild was a wonderful film that showed the quirky lives of the poor but noble people of rural Louisiana.
Directed by Benh Zeitlin

Born and raised in Sunnyside, Queens, New York, Benh Zeitlin began his career as a filmmaker at the tender age of 6 when he and a friend made a Batman movie. He continued making films as a child before attending Wesleyan University, where he majored in film. After graduation, Mr. Zeitlin worked with elementary students in New York creating short films.

Graduate of Hastings-on-Hudson High School and Wesleyan University in Middletown, CT.

His parents Steve Zeitlin and Amanda Dargan are both urban folklorists who founded and run the highly respected nonprofit City Lore organization in NYC.

The film was based on a play written by Lucy Alibar, who also co-wrote the screenplay.

In order to gain an understanding of movies, Alibar says Zeitlin and Beasts producer Dan Janvey sent her to film school, or at least their version of film school held tableside at the Bowery location of Whole Foods Market.

“I had never written a movie before and Dan gave me this huge list of movies and took me to Whole Foods with his laptop,” Alibar says, pushing back her long blonde hair. “We sat and watched every movie on the list frame-by-frame and talked through it. That was my film school, meeting with Dan at Whole Foods.”

Southern folklore and movie magic of the Tim Burton variety come alive in Beasts of the Southern Wild with Zeitlin, filmmaker, composer, animator and founding member of the independent film company Court 13
that movie looks godawful

wise, adorable little black child: The whole universe depends on everything fitting together just right. I see that I am a little piece of a big, big universe

*triumphant music*

who the man???
im the man!!!!
oh so it's this year's the help. i was wondering what all the fuss was about
then theres this

Since one of the Watchowskis is now officially a woman, Tumblr is going to waste a lot of spoons correcting all those problematic reviews.
i just saw the movie for a song of ice and fire by goerge h,w, martinez and its rly good
I gave up, girls was terrible and bad
Girls was funny. Sometimes