sometimes the future feels like a fantasy

jools posted:

soicowboy posted:

wake up early and watch a stakhanovite film before you go off to work

epic this though its kind of... anti-stakhanovite....

you should also watch indagine su un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto btw

yeah, its better as a showcase of the unhealthy consequences of stakhanovite-like work ethic and especially so the futility of that attitude in the capitalist economy, but the scene at 13.4 min offers up a p cool outlook toward labouring and out of context is stakhanovite

Crow posted:

I liked looper lol

it's good. here are the good movies from the summer: looper, premium rush, dredd 3d, the possession, sleepwalk with me, cosmopolis, paranorman, bernie, chicken with plums, magic mike, hara-kiri, hope springs, hit and run. argo and seven psychopaths came out today and those might be good.

i doubt any of those are g ood. i have seen however pitch perfect and that movie is good
pitch perfect is the title of slashie's baseball romcom
im gonna see that and it will prolly be good, especially because ill be pretending the whole thing is an embellished story from one of the acapella people i knew, told years later
pitch perfect was the koolest movie i seen
haha too bad slashie
why are the most white things imaginable always associated with slashie?

Impper posted:

i doubt any of those are g ood. i have seen however pitch perfect and that movie is good

biotch have u seen Looper

no i havent. should i see it? joel told me u were into it

getfiscal posted:

i wrote a script about a PUA baseball player called perfect game

looper's kewl because it's a slightly cerebral and well-polished movie like inception but it actively discourages over-analysis from dumb nerds. it's comfortable being a genre movie and it's consequentially a lot of fun
except there's billion-word posts about it in cd so mission not accomplished i guess
Its good I like the part with the miata. Need I say more?
[account deactivated]

Crow posted:

I liked looper lol

Such a liberal...

But i liked Bernie and The cabin the woods
So I too am swept up in the gale of fail
me irl

Edited by Goethestein ()

swampman posted:

Crow posted:

I liked looper lol

Such a liberal...

actually it was example par excellence of The Act and Ultimate Sacrifice of revolutionary subjectivity. It is the heady revolt of those who fight for eternal liberation from a pathetic fate, the unselfish act of Love, epistemologic Terror, and asymptotic faults of infinite Possibility. We are, We were, We shall be, Gaey

[account deactivated]
Let's ban prohairesis. No dissent
At least post your dissent instead of expressing it at the ballot box like a Wien0r
I had an expression at the ballot box and now im only allowed to vote by mail
i watched a movie once, it was bad. otoh my uncle tells me there's a movie that just came out about the megali idea and we chatted about the injustice of modern greece only encompassing greece so i will watch the new megali movie and maybe it will be good

getfiscal posted:

Wow I did not know that Slashie slept with Jason Sudekis from SNL.