[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
are you gonna show your post history to your kid?
when are we gonna see out first father-son posting duo?
so i might be going to jersey to help one of the utilities there lol. the power is really fucked apparently
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/incredible-pictures-of-hurricane-sandys-new-jerse
sheit that's what i get for never reading the news. i will bring the people power and communism
New Jersey deserved it

sandy:

Edited by jeffery ()

sandy is capitalism minus electrification of the whole country
[account deactivated]
do you think new york liberals get more satisfaction out of still pretending to care about katrina or sneering at the gauche staten islanders basically in the same position?

Groulxsmith posted:

do you think new york liberals get more satisfaction out of still pretending to care about katrina or sneering at the gauche staten islanders basically in the same position?

are people really sneering at each other? sounds unhealthy

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
you know if you biked across the manhattan bridge it would take you under half an hour to get to work
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

me getting a bike is basically first order of business once I have a place to live haha

two birds one stone

discipline posted:

swampman posted:

you know if you biked across the manhattan bridge it would take you under half an hour to get to work

yeah, I know. I don't have a bike.

but if you had one, it would cut your commute by well over an hour, did you know that?

you need roller blades
[account deactivated]
you could probably walk or walk at a brisk pace or trot or uh, I mean, jog lightly
U could get helacpter.
[account deactivated]
Im not mechanicalist, some of my best friends are bikes
Even if you have little tiny legs you can walk 3-4 mph

trigger warning: Ableism
i havent been in weather under 60 degrees in about 3 years it is very hard for me to not be walking around in a ski mask all day. but id probably get harassed by the cops and i got warrants so....
WE ALL MASKED UP LIKE HALLOWEEN

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i got warrants so....

[account deactivated]
no i mean like spend the nite in jail pay hundreds of dollars i dont have bench warrants

discipline posted:

o I was coming to post in this thread coz I was worried about you goldsmith, good to see you survived everything on SI I mean greenpoint

ty, my power and water came back on yesterday but i still can't get to work running a fair trade currency hedge fund or w/e, but it's pretty horrible not too far away so i'm pretty fortunate

i really dislike this new american liberal narrative of "hey guess what conservatives, this is what life is going to be like from now on thanks to global warming." for several reasons. but most prominent is that, yes, severe weather is increasing in strength and frequency, but severe weather events also simply happen, and the extent of the damage should be used as the primary evidence of how crappy we're doing. look at the category three that struck new england directly in 1938, it caused identical forms of mayhem in new york city. but there were only 100 deaths outside of rhode island.

seeing pictures of the flooded brooklyn battery tunnel made me wonder why that tunnel isnt able to withstand a 13.5' storm surge when nyc has been hit about that hard at least once every eighty years since franking forever ago

swampman posted:

i really dislike this new american liberal narrative of "hey guess what conservatives, this is what life is going to be like from now on thanks to global warming." for several reasons. but most prominent is that, yes, severe weather is increasing in strength and frequency, but severe weather events also simply happen, and the extent of the damage should be used as the primary evidence of how crappy we're doing. look at the category three that struck new england directly in 1938, it caused identical forms of mayhem in new york city. but there were only 100 deaths outside of rhode island.

seeing pictures of the flooded brooklyn battery tunnel made me wonder why that tunnel isnt able to withstand a 13.5' storm surge when nyc has been hit about that hard at least once every eighty years since franking forever ago

look, I'm not a liberal or conservative, i'm just here to talk straight facts. but maybe it is more expensive to to make the tunnel resist 13.5' storm surges than pumping out some water every 80 years.

hey posted:

look, I'm not a liberal or conservative, i'm just here to talk straight facts. but maybe it is more expensive to to make the tunnel resist 13.5' storm surges than pumping out some water every 80 years.

http://www.dhs.gov/35000-gallons-prevention