the two of you just posted a wall of utter nonsense. why are you posting here?

Impper posted:

the two of you just posted a wall of utter nonsense. why are you posting here?

because neither of us are banned yet

maybe you just cant handle dense, subtextual prose? best stick with the houellebecq for now, work your way up
though i have noticed youve been posting fewer monosyllabic responses lately, so dont think your efforts have gone unappreciated

Impper posted:

i don't either. i've never been around a crowd i liked, now that i think of it. even the soaring feeling you get occasionally is fleeting and nonsensical, animal-and-fear based at best

turn in your nazbol card

i <3 hamas

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Impper posted:

i don't either. i've never been around a crowd i liked, now that i think of it. even the soaring feeling you get occasionally is fleeting and nonsensical, animal-and-fear based at best

Yeah when you're cramming into a train carriage in the morning peak you're not generally thinking "oh wow this urban vibrancy is so enriching"

i literally think that

gyrofry posted:

Impper posted:

turn in your nazbol card

come and get me

[account deactivated]

Superabound posted:

Impper posted:

those phantom corporate profits were down when people were defaulting during the crisis. record levels of public debt are fine as long as people aren't defaulting

profits temporarily being "down" for Too Big To Fail institutions also does not hurt those institutions. do you not understand that all these debts and so-called setbacks are leveraged to hell and back at the financial, governmental, and societal levels?

what was the end result of a handful poor families defaulting on their debts ~2007-2008? A massive $32 trillion dollar infusion of taxpayer dollars into the international banking slush fund and a GLOBAL JUSTIFICATION FOR REGRESSIVELY DRACONIAN AUSTERITY MEASURES. These motherfuckers spend their entire lives playing with capital, debt, and the manipulation of fictional quantities, and they literally write our laws and financial regulations. You think they would hand you a single dollar without having already figured out how to make that transaction work in their favor regardless of your future actions? Oh yeah wow, youve totally got it figured out dont you, just buy thousands of dollars of patio furniture and French literature and then dont pay your debts, theyll never see it coming. Wake up sheeple. Audit the Fed. RON PAUL 2012

can you really be this dumb

"profits being down do not effect revenue streams of corporations"
[account deactivated]

AmericanNazbro posted:

do you consider $30+ trillion handouts, dismantling of homeowners rights, and decreased median wages to be "revenue streams"? also: profits are not down

motherfuckers be hedged like gated community lawns

Superabound posted:

AmericanNazbro posted:

do you consider $30+ trillion handouts, dismantling of homeowners rights, and decreased median wages to be "revenue streams"? also: profits are not down

that's what you posted above you dumb idiot

AmericanNazbro posted:

that's what you posted above you dumb idiot

i didnt post shit about what you think. i was asking you a question

Debt is not real. its a fictional quantity. they write it down, they invent it. there is more debt in American than the sum total of all the money in the world

but debt always works as a justification for the very Real and Tangible erosion of middle class rights and increased austerity measures. Capitalism can only exist through the exploitation of third world labor and within a framework of continual (false and manufactured) crisis, and debt is always what is used to facilitate those crises. they lose nothing real when you default on a fictional quantity that they themselves invented, especially if youve already paid off the principal years ago. and your defaulting is already accounted for and ameliorated by armies of actuaries. goods and property are repossessed. wages are garnished. your debt is packaged and bought and sold like so much garmonbozia. at the end of the day, a man defaulting on a loan is less than a pinprick, and has already been leveraged into a pile of justifications for the banks creating a social and legal environment that benefits them.

its not always about maximum generating of profits, its about creating a fear-based population and economy

littlegreenpills posted:

all of this misses the point that the suburbs didn't happen because anybody specifically wanted them to. the shape of the world isn't an aggregate of people's true desires or anything, let's set that fiction aside

I thought the thing about suburbs is they did happen because somebody specifically wanted them to.

They along with highway commuting were designed by the nazis to create a more conservative, land owning population and fight communism.

i thought the autobahns were started under the weimar republic by SPD

gyrofry posted:

i thought the autobahns were started under the weimar republic by SPD

they were, half-assedly
but then hitler made them a major state project

... still trying to find it
some were i have a scan of this big nazi era pamphlet extolling the virtues of suburban living and the future of glorious post war Germany,
Gottfried Feder, Die neue Stadt
is close to what im looking for...

Noosphere posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

all of this misses the point that the suburbs didn't happen because anybody specifically wanted them to. the shape of the world isn't an aggregate of people's true desires or anything, let's set that fiction aside

I thought the thing about suburbs is they did happen because somebody specifically wanted them to.

They along with highway commuting were designed by the nazis to create a more conservative, land owning population and fight communism.

i'm really sorry for not being clear enough because of my muddied and idiotic brain. I meant, in rebuttal to iwc, that suburbs didn't happen because the people who were going to be living in them made some kind of collective, social decision on a mass scale about what sort of lifestyle they wanted to have and what sort of infrastructure to build. that would be ludicrous. but this means the existence of suburbs isn't about a moral failing on the part of people who are living in them, and nobody is saying that. it comes from political decisions made in the mid-20 century (by the nazis, by roosevelt) which it turns out were really bad in terms of resource consumption etc.

littlegreenpills posted:

Noosphere posted:
littlegreenpills posted:

i'm really sorry for not being clear enough because of my muddied and idiotic brain. I meant, in rebuttal to iwc, that suburbs didn't happen because the people who were going to be living in them made some kind of collective, social decision on a mass scale about what sort of lifestyle they wanted to have and what sort of infrastructure to build. that would be ludicrous. but this means the existence of suburbs isn't about a moral failing on the part of people who are living in them, and nobody is saying that. it comes from political decisions made in the mid-20 century (by the nazis, by roosevelt) which it turns out were really bad in terms of resource consumption etc.

It was also (through the GI bill) a reward to the Greatest Generation for fighting in WW2 and the spoils of being the only countries left with a bunch of unbombed industrial infrastructure.

America obviously had the white flight incentive too

littlegreenpills posted:

Noosphere posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

the process by which the nazis came to power was certainly through a highly collective, social decision making process on a mass scale, and the anti-urban, anti-cosmpolitan völkisch dimension of their programme was hardly a secret

gyrofry posted:

littlegreenpills posted:
Noosphere posted:
littlegreenpills posted:

the process by which the nazis came to power was certainly through a highly collective, social decision making process on a mass scale, and the anti-urban, anti-cosmpolitan völkisch dimension of their programme was hardly a secret

it's cool that the Anglosphere managed to civilize and refine that sentiment to produce the suburbs we have now

gyrofry posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

Noosphere posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

lol democratic election results are the aggregate of the population listening to parties' platforms in detail and making rational and considered choices about the society they want to live in lol

Pointing out that there were economic and political factors for suburbanization is kind of obvious and pointless since urbanization occurred under the same factors, just at a different time
ya pointing out the political factors behind the Hoover Dam or the Channel Tunnel or the Pyramids is dumb and pointless
It does when one is constantly subjected to liberal myths of the city as a vibrant cultural locus of the noble savage and other marginalized types rather than just another construct with its own fundamental problems. Multicultural swarms of kids on Sesame Street or its grown-up parallels that feature drug dealers with hearts of gold are just fantasies that distract from the very real issue: the unsanitized city, the one so admired by those who never faced it, is still very real for the urban poor, and still very much their prison. It's easy to roll your eyes until you ask why you would deny someone a hardworking person an escape into New Rochelle when your own pseudo Stalinist politics and aesthetics believe the brutalism of Co-op City is where they belong
i was just at the other window and they told me to check my class privilege HERE, and now you're telling me i have to go back and wait ANOTHER NINETY MINUTES IN LINE to check it THERE? god DAMMIT!!!
goddamn liberals shoving myths of the city as a vibrant cultural locus of the noble savage and other marginalized types down my DANG throat
God damn it, we need to expand opportunity. You think niggers choose to be niggers? No, the city is an airtight coffin of hatred, violence, and malaise. This city belongs to use, it ought to be a sepulcher of hedonisms: a temple for the virtue of our sentimentalism.
what the hell question are we even arguing about here. "what's wrong with the suburbs" "what's so great about the inner city" "why are you so mad at suburbanlivers" "where did I put my keys" "what's a tasty, non toxic yet realistic substance for simulated poop that can safely administered via enema um i have a friend who wants to know"
silken tofu soaked in coffee

Groulxsmith posted:

It does when one is constantly subjected to liberal myths of the city as a vibrant cultural locus of the noble savage and other marginalized types rather than just another construct with its own fundamental problems. Multicultural swarms of kids on Sesame Street or its grown-up parallels that feature drug dealers with hearts of gold are just fantasies that distract from the very real issue: the unsanitized city, the one so admired by those who never faced it, is still very real for the urban poor, and still very much their prison. It's easy to roll your eyes until you ask why you would deny someone a hardworking person an escape into New Rochelle when your own pseudo Stalinist politics and aesthetics believe the brutalism of Co-op City is where they belong

See it’s different here, the inner city is largely bougie-hipster-yuppie white town, all the “ethnics” live in the burbs.

also youre toilets flush backwards

gyrofry posted:

also youre toilets flush backwards

Also there are so many fucking spiders everywhere right now, I’m not even joking

so enriching, why tackle the crowds when u can live in paradise

welcome to ur new life