[account deactivated]
I wish suburbs here had houses that exciting

stegosaurus posted:

I wish suburbs here had houses that exciting

lol

oh well i bet a nice wintry coat of snow makes them look nice, i'll have to check it out when i'm there, i think we're staying in suburban SLC somewhere

those are kinda gimmicky ones, your bog-standard house in the new suburbs here looks a bit like this

its a bunch of fake brick on the side that faces the street with a cosmetic window (a window that is not a window, a piece of wood painted to look like a window hung on a nail on the brick which is itself hung on the timber frame) or a cosmetic balcony or something, and a huge garage with a real window into it. and a car parked in the yard, or, if you're my parents, a modest sailboat.

thats sandy, west + south jordan and draper though, westville (stand up) or magna will be dingier and more 70s ranch style, and salt lake is the oldest and least grating architecturally although, its funny, I read something about the houses that people built in the early 20th century in suburban salt lake that are now going for half a million dollars from their 'authentic' vibe, and most of the woodwork and columns and things that actually make them look like they were constructed with 'care' or whatever were purchased from sears roebuck and shipped in. anyway thats my taxonomy of suburban houses in the salt lake valley.
today i got mugged at gunpoint on a subway headed downtown. it was a very vibrant experience. i wish i could come up with something funnier or more interesting to say but the vibrancy left me at a loss for words.
a rhizzoner is a wddper mugged by reality

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

today i got mugged at gunpoint on a subway headed downtown. it was a very vibrant experience. i wish i could come up with something funnier or more interesting to say but the vibrancy left me at a loss for words.

what model gun was it? always interesting in chatting about guns and their application in every day, day to day usage

it was an N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25. only when i got home and looked online did i realize Nerf isn't necessarily lethal.

stegosaurus posted:

thats sandy, west + south jordan and draper though, westville (stand up) or magna will be dingier and more 70s ranch style, and salt lake is the oldest and least grating architecturally although, its funny, I read something about the houses that people built in the early 20th century in suburban salt lake that are now going for half a million dollars from their 'authentic' vibe, and most of the woodwork and columns and things that actually make them look like they were constructed with 'care' or whatever were purchased from sears roebuck and shipped in. anyway thats my taxonomy of suburban houses in the salt lake valley.

those sears kit houses are actually far more structurally sound than most postwar buildings since they were all made with old-growth timber

i made an okcupid again because since moving back to leeds i havent really met many people and all my matches here are chubby gamer girls who love harry potter and introduce themselves by writing 500 words about the difference between being bisexual and pansexual. and then i looked at who im highest matched w/ in general and theyre all slim attractive artsy girls living in brooklyn lol. get me the fuck off this island
i asked okcupid who i'm best matched with and it showed me a picture of a 6 foot long pine coffin? i don't like this at all, okcupid.
kenith, what are you going to do once you graduate? what kind of work do you hope to do? i think you're writing is pretty good but i don't think there's an audience for it lol. pursue a career in writing for 17 magazine, imo
my plan is to do a law conversion and move to new york and work with some ngo reining in the excesses of imperial state power or w/e. i dont think i'll ever stop writing but when i look at the bestseller charts theres obviously no place for me there lol

deadken posted:

i made an okcupid again because since moving back to leeds i havent really met many people and all my matches here are chubby gamer girls who love harry potter and introduce themselves by writing 500 words about the difference between being bisexual and pansexual. and then i looked at who im highest matched w/ in general and theyre all slim attractive artsy girls living in brooklyn lol. get me the fuck off this island

lol if u like slim attractive girls, have a fuckin word w/ urself son

i did a law conversion kenneth it was p interesting esp. my public law prof moaning about what a fail suffrage decoupled from land ownership was
lol that sounds awesome there arent enough proper reactionaries these days
lol if you have a plan for the future

peepaw posted:

stegosaurus posted:

those sears kit houses are actually far more structurally sound than most postwar buildings since they were all made with old-growth timber

yeah I believe it. I was just saying that the equation for style in housing = suburb + time.

Palestinians control the media. They control the news companies and the banks. Goldman Sachs is a Palestinian name.

deadken posted:

Americans are just better at angle shots. Of all countries don't come to America to look for slim womyn.

if you want SLIM women then go to the naxalite forests and fight for freedom!

Soldiers Living Indian Maoism!! Haha!

drwhat posted:

hes cool and has a cool blog

Hmmm looks like the south is the best yet again:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/vermont-tops-list-healthiest-states-142325809--abc-news-health.htmlFor the fourth year in a row, Vermont takes the top spot as healthiest state. Applauding the state's high rate of high school graduation and low rate of uninsured population, the report also finds that Vermont is not without its problems. Vermonters have a relatively high rate of cancer deaths and participate in binge drinking more than most states (Wisconsiners binge drink the most, Tennesseans the least). Vermont is in good company in the northeast with seven states from the region making it into the top 10.

Second place goes to Hawaii, a regular contender for first place. Since the ranking started in 1990, Hawaii has consistently ranked in the top six states. Hawaiians enjoy low rates of obesity and smoking, but have high rates of binge drinking and low birth weight babies.

Louisiana and Mississippi are tied for the least healthy state and have consistently been at the bottom of the list for the past 23 years. Both states have low rates of binge drinking, but suffer from high rates of occupational fatalities and children in poverty. These two states are in the bottom five in about half of the 24 components that make up the overall ranking, including high rates of chronic conditions like sedentary lifestyle, obesity and diabetes.

These chronic conditions are also putting the entire nation's health most at risk. Obesity alone is the leading cause of preventable death and costs our nation about $200 billion each year. More than 66 million adults are obese - that's more than one in four Americans. Colorado is the least obese and least sedentary state, in contrast to Mississippi which is the most obese and most sedentary.

"It is important to note that we are living longer, but not necessarily better," says Jane Pennington, spokesperson from the United Health Foundation, the group responsible for the report. "Despite improvements, we still have unhealthy behavior that threatens our health status. It continues to be disappointing that we are seeing a rise in chronic illness. It doesn't have to be that way. That is the alarm that we want to sound."

Although smoking in the U.S. has been decreasing recently, more than 45 million Americans still smoke, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Utah has the lowest percent of its population smoking and Kentucky has the highest.

"People should care about this report," says Dr. Anthony Shih, executive vice president for Programs at the Commonwealth Fund. "It is clear that where you live matters in terms of overall health and it should motivate action to improve."

States should be looking at their healthier neighbors for ways to improve.

"The relatively high performance of Massachusetts - where a law similar to the Affordable Care Act was enacted in 2006 - may hopefully motivate other states to participate in Medicaid expansion and more aggressively implement the ACA within their own state. Successful implementation will likely raise the performance of most states," according to Shih.

By having programs and policies that support better health, states can expect better rankings. If a state increases the tax on cigarettes or bans smoking in public places, for example, the number of smokers in that state should decrease, cutting deaths from cardiovascular disease and cancer deaths.

The statistics show that states can improve their ranking. Vermont was ranked 20 th in 1990, but steadily made improvements over the years to get where it is now.

http://www.americashealthrankings.org/rankings

It shows the south has lower rates of violent crimes, yet more guns. Hmmm makes you think. An armed society addicted to oxys, roxys and meth is a polite society.

ken if you want to find skinny women in leeds go to harehills

mustang19 posted:

deadken posted:

Americans are just better at angle shots. Of all countries don't come to America to look for slim womyn.

i lived in los angeles for a year. basically in america a minority of the population have the vast majority of the blubber whereas in britain it's evenly distributed across the population

littlegreenpills posted:

localsville? pfft

lol why would you study law ken
so i can drive an audi and wear designer suits and drink single malts and cheat on my wife and pay for my kids to tell their analysts how i never really seemed to care all that much about them
you probably don't have to go a hundred grand into debt over there like you do here but i don't spect that would change the fact that it's a nightmare for anyone who isn't looking to base their entire life and identity on Being A Lawyer

to say nothing of the fact that America is so filled up with aimless liberal dogooders who had no better ideas than "going to law school" that there's like 80 applicants for every open position in anything that might possibility allow one to live with zieself. that goes double for a hip major city and probably triple for NYC
and let me emphasize here. it's not that it's hard. people who told me not to go to law school always talked about how hard it was and since i was smarter than them usually i ignored them. what it is, is, "boring" and "gay," and the worst part is actually being a lawyer isn't usually better. there's no light at the end of that tunnel save the cold glow of a welcome death

anyone with a sufficient lack of drive and ambition to become a Known Person on a succession of internet quasi-comedic political forums can and will hate themselves if they commit to a legal career. (that said, amphetamines would help)

Edited by thirdplace ()

well utah was number seven in that report, also we have lots of guns and a fuckton of pills. saddle up pardner.

deadken posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

localsville? pfft

if you go in there you'll come out and write something that's ten times the story atlantis was. down the road from my dead gay grandparents' place there's a Hovis-advert end-of-terrace house that was repurposed as a mosque by having the entire roof taken off and replaced with a giant incongruous green dome

ken if u really do decide to go into law then i would recommend the college of law in guildford as its like a frathouse for future magic circle partners (lots of bros, lots of drugs, probably not so many reactionaries as where i went though)

Louisiana and Mississippi are tied for the least healthy state and have consistently been at the bottom of the list for the past 23 years. Both states have low rates of binge drinking

ahahaha BULLSHIT

or is that one of those things where if you do it all day every day for your entire life its not technically considered a "binge"?
dont listen to victor, law is awesome. spending time with some of the most obnoxious and self-centered people imaginable. reading the opinions of clueless white men. being in an environment where substance abuse is not only condoned but encouraged.

its basically like posting on a webforum, except with more suits
[account deactivated]

TG posted:

dont listen to victor, law is awesome. spending time with some of the most obnoxious and self-centered people imaginable. reading the opinions of clueless white men. being in an environment where substance abuse is not only condoned but encouraged.

its basically like posting on a webforum, except with more suits

and an equal number of jews

this happened a block down from me on the same line i got mugged.

CTA Passenger Attacked With Sock Filled With Feces

OAK PARK — A woman assaulted on the CTA Blue Line in Oak Park last week told police another passenger struck her in the face with a sock filled with human excrement.

“He had a sock full of his poop on me,” said the 21-year-old college student. “It was everywhere; on my face, my hair, my clothes.”

“It was like the biggest degradation I’ve ever experienced. I wish he had just hit me,” she said, because she thinks that would have been less traumatic.

“The worst part is nobody had anything to wipe my face with,” she said. She managed to find some newspapers before paramedics arrived. The paramedics gave her towels and water.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/19/cta-passenger-attacked-with-sock-filled-with-feces/