That's pretty terrible, but the Columbine killers are still the most interesting study.
- Invented the modern school massacre. The death count, 15, was the highest ever toll in a school shooting at the time, alongside Whitman's massacre at University of Texas in 1966.
- Unlike other shooters such as Holmes, Lanza, Loughner, Whitman, Cho, etc., Klebold and Harris were not crazy or mind controlled. This was a conscientiously planned attack.
- Klebold and Harris had big, imaginative plans, which, if successful, would have seen a death count well into the triple digits. The plan went basically as follows:
+ Detonate two 20 lb propane bombs in the cafeteria, killing dozens
+ Await outside the exits with weapons to shot students as they evacuated, killing dozens more
+ Bombs planted in their vehicles are detonated after the arrival of police and first responders
(The propane bombs didn't go off, much to Harris's consternation. They then simply regrouped and began the massacre. The two threw pipe bombs throughout the attack, about half of which exploded. One of their vehicles blew up while personnel attempted to disarm the explosives.)
- In addition, Klebold and Harris foresaw 9/11. Part of their more fanciful plans involved them hijacking an airplane and crashing it into a building in New York City, a tactic later alleged to have been employed in the WTC bombings.
- Klebold and Harris were not indiscriminate in their killing. They warned friend Brooks Brown to go home just before the attacks. Later, in the school library, the massacre's bloodiest grounds, they allowed acquaintance John Savage free passage to leave the library.
- In fact, perhaps because they were sane, their hearts weren't exactly in it. Although they shot at their fellow students freely, they also moved on freely, leaving many of the wounded to live. At one point, they walked through the halls, looking into classrooms at students hiding but continuing back to the library, where they were overheard remarking that shooting people wasn't any fun anymore shortly before killing themselves.
- In addition, they didn't kill anyone who engaged them in conversation. Besides Savage, they also spared Evan Todd who said he "didn't want any trouble," despite the fact that he was one of the bullies alleged to have inspired the attack. Valeen Schnurr was also left alone after saying "God help me!" and having a conversation with he shooters.
- In that conversation, Eric Harris, a supporter of LGBT causes, famously stated, "God is gay."
- When police arrived at the Sandy Hook shooting, Lanza stepped into a room and quickly killed himself. By contrast, when police were camped outside the Columbine library, Eric Harris said, "Let's go kill some cops," and the two went to the windows, shot them out, and fired at police.
- Klebold went to prom with a pretty girl three days before the massacre, who he had buy three of the four guns used in the attacks. http://www.columbine-online.com/columbine-online-img/killers-friends/dylan-prom-w-robyn.jpg
- Klebold was the more reluctant of the two killers, but was motivated by Harris and his suicidal depression. Harris was a sociopath.

Edited by ilmdge ()

that girl is not pretty
, she's BEAUTIFUL
also don't listen to anyone that says asperger's doesn't have anything to do with sandy hook.

adam lanza (sandy hook) - aspergers
eric harris (columbine) - designed Doom levels (aspergers)
gang lu (iowa) - PhD in physics (aspergers)
seung-hui cho (virginia tech) - Asian

im sure i could find more but reading about this stuff is bad for your brain. but lack of social empathy is clearly a factor, and i mean obviously tons of these sorts of people are right-wing as is well known.

ilmdge posted:

i mean obviously tons of these sorts of people are right-wing as is well known.

uh, what?

that's not well known at all
breivik, mcveigh, that end-the-fed guy who massacred 22 people at the mcdonalds, the red lake guy who killed about 10 people and had got in fights with people he called "communist," and so on

ilmdge posted:

also don't listen to anyone that says asperger's doesn't have anything to do with sandy hook.

im sure i could find more but reading about this stuff is bad for your brain. but lack of social empathy is clearly a factor, and i mean obviously tons of these sorts of people are right-wing as is well known.

adam lanza (sandy hook) - ritalin
eric harris (columbine) - designed Doom levels (on ritalin)
gang lu (iowa) - PhD in physics (on ritalin)
seung-hui cho (virginia tech) - Asian (on ritalin)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/police-find-no-evidence-connecticut-gunman-was-on-medication/
Shit is fucked, man. This is some fucked up shit!
http://www.salon.com/2012/12/18/can_a_group_of_comfort_dogs_console_newtown/

lookit that dog

ilmdge posted:

breivik, mcveigh, that end-the-fed guy who massacred 22 people at the mcdonalds, the red lake guy who killed about 10 people and had got in fights with people he called "communist," and so on

how is "end the fed" right wing, every communist here would end the fed if they took power.

Also uh most people who get into fights with communists are other communists, that isn't evidence of anything at all

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Also uh most people who get into fights with communists are other communists, that isn't evidence of anything at all

what do you mean 'most'

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/308608/1/

Cool article, I especially liked this part:

In February of 1967, Oakland police officers stopped a car carrying Newton, Seale, and several other Panthers with rifles and handguns. When one officer asked to see one of the guns, Newton refused. “I don’t have to give you anything but my identification, name, and address,” he insisted. This, too, he had learned in law school.

“Who in the hell do you think you are?” an officer responded.

“Who in the hell do you think you are?,” Newton replied indignantly. He told the officer that he and his friends had a legal right to have their firearms.

Newton got out of the car, still holding his rifle.

“What are you going to do with that gun?” asked one of the stunned policemen.

“What are you going to do with your gun?,” Newton replied.

By this time, the scene had drawn a crowd of onlookers. An officer told the bystanders to move on, but Newton shouted at them to stay. California law, he yelled, gave civilians a right to observe a police officer making an arrest, so long as they didn’t interfere. Newton played it up for the crowd. In a loud voice, he told the police officers, “If you try to shoot at me or if you try to take this gun, I’m going to shoot back at you, swine.” Although normally a black man with Newton’s attitude would quickly find himself handcuffed in the back of a police car, enough people had gathered on the street to discourage the officers from doing anything rash. Because they hadn’t committed any crime, the Panthers were allowed to go on their way.

The people who’d witnessed the scene were dumbstruck. Not even Bobby Seale could believe it. Right then, he said, he knew that Newton was the “baddest motherfucker in the world.” Newton’s message was clear: “The gun is where it’s at and about and in.” After the February incident, the Panthers began a regular practice of policing the police. Thanks to an army of new recruits inspired to join up when they heard about Newton’s bravado, groups of armed Panthers would drive around following police cars. When the police stopped a black person, the Panthers would stand off to the side and shout out legal advice.

Defend the right of the masses to self defense, arm the people and organize them into an army. Without a people's army the people have nothing!
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

babyhueypnewton posted:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/308608/1/

Cool article, I especially liked this part:

In February of 1967, Oakland police officers stopped a car carrying Newton, Seale, and several other Panthers with rifles and handguns. When one officer asked to see one of the guns, Newton refused. “I don’t have to give you anything but my identification, name, and address,” he insisted. This, too, he had learned in law school.

“Who in the hell do you think you are?” an officer responded.

“Who in the hell do you think you are?,” Newton replied indignantly. He told the officer that he and his friends had a legal right to have their firearms.

Newton got out of the car, still holding his rifle.

“What are you going to do with that gun?” asked one of the stunned policemen.

“What are you going to do with your gun?,” Newton replied.

By this time, the scene had drawn a crowd of onlookers. An officer told the bystanders to move on, but Newton shouted at them to stay. California law, he yelled, gave civilians a right to observe a police officer making an arrest, so long as they didn’t interfere. Newton played it up for the crowd. In a loud voice, he told the police officers, “If you try to shoot at me or if you try to take this gun, I’m going to shoot back at you, swine.” Although normally a black man with Newton’s attitude would quickly find himself handcuffed in the back of a police car, enough people had gathered on the street to discourage the officers from doing anything rash. Because they hadn’t committed any crime, the Panthers were allowed to go on their way.

The people who’d witnessed the scene were dumbstruck. Not even Bobby Seale could believe it. Right then, he said, he knew that Newton was the “baddest motherfucker in the world.” Newton’s message was clear: “The gun is where it’s at and about and in.” After the February incident, the Panthers began a regular practice of policing the police. Thanks to an army of new recruits inspired to join up when they heard about Newton’s bravado, groups of armed Panthers would drive around following police cars. When the police stopped a black person, the Panthers would stand off to the side and shout out legal advice.

in 2012 Huey Newton would be a freeman on the land

babyhuey has never shot a gun in his life except for shooting his straight six in a Philippine hooker. he is armed and dangerous
lol a swear button

Impper posted:

that girl is not pretty

by suburban colorado standards she's a solid 6.5

ilmdge posted:

legit autists aren't self-actuating

[account deactivated]
http://mydickband.bandcamp.com/

deadken posted:

comrade lenin talks a lot about the armed mass of the people but clearly in 1917 he didnt know that Actually, Guns Kill People And Are Bad - a 'leftist', 2012, his cheeks glistening w/ tears

guns don't need to be legal because the revolutionary overthrow of the government will be illegal anyway. might as well use illegal guns too.

why is it important that the government "allow" you to have guns lol, do you think they'd let that continue if it actually was useful for any sort of revolutionary purpose. just look at how the black panthers "revolutionized" gun laws

ilmdge posted:

deadken posted:

comrade lenin talks a lot about the armed mass of the people but clearly in 1917 he didnt know that Actually, Guns Kill People And Are Bad - a 'leftist', 2012, his cheeks glistening w/ tears

guns don't need to be legal because the revolutionary overthrow of the government will be illegal anyway. might as well use illegal guns too.

why is it important that the government "allow" you to have guns lol, do you think they'd let that continue if it actually was useful for any sort of revolutionary purpose. just look at how the black panthers "revolutionized" gun laws

Aesthetics

there isnt any reason for guns to be legal except aesthetics, which is a good reason though
[account deactivated]
i didnt say radiohead sucks and you should listen to emo, just that it's an objective truth that radiohead is a really bad band. all the music you listen to is godawful, you can listen to whatever you want and have whatever opinions but as far as radiohead, it's garbage in every sense of the word
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
oasis>radiohead
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
tpaine listnes to a lot of good muisc
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]