getfiscal posted:

"Catherine Urso of Newtown said her college-age son knew the killer and remembered him for his alternative style. "He just said he was very thin, very remote and was one of the goths," she said."

ahaha let's all get terrified of goths again and wear neon

people being terrified of goths was literally the best thing that ever happened to goths so yes let's

getfiscal posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

Why did you almost cry?

twenty children were killed in a mass shooting

they're still looking for missing people in the philippines, yesteday the death toll went over 900. I didn't notice any tears.

I assume plenty of those who died were children
MAKE BOMBS NOT GUNS

babyhueypnewton posted:

getfiscal posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

Why did you almost cry?

they're still looking for missing people in the philippines, yesteday the death toll went over 900. I didn't notice any tears.

hahah what is wrong with your brain

Crow posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

getfiscal posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

Why did you almost cry?

im not trolling (though it's a trolling tone), i actually think the american imperialist narrative inherent in the whole world mourning american deaths while ignoring far larger and more tragic events around the world is disgusting.

the same mentality that makes people cry when an american child dies but accepts it as the norm when a Filipino dies or a new war starts in the DRC or a bunch of kids get stabbed in china is the same mentality that calls for retaliatory murder in Iraq/Afghanistan and Libya when those dirty non-whites have the gall to kill an american. they should be bombed into glass, don't they know our lives are worth more than theirs?

babyhueypnewton posted:

im not trolling (though it's a trolling tone), i actually think the american imperialist narrative inherent in the whole world mourning american deaths while ignoring far larger and more tragic events around the world is disgusting.

the same mentality that makes people cry when an american child dies but accepts it as the norm when a Filipino dies or a new war starts in the DRC or a bunch of kids get stabbed in china is the same mentality that calls for retaliatory murder in Iraq/Afghanistan and Libya when those dirty non-whites have the gall to kill an american. they should be bombed into glass, don't they know our lives are worth more than theirs?

the murder of twenty some odd kids isn't a tragedy, GIVEN THE DELITERIOUS IMPACT OF WESTERN IMPERIALISM

Edited by wasted ()

...and this is why i paid for sex, because this same american imperialist narrative for some reason sees buying dinner on a date that ends in sex as okay but paying for it directly as wrong
bh for a marxist you sure get wrapped up in some chomsky level bullshit quite often
he's a marxist!?

wasted posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

You're right, the murder of twenty some odd kids isn't a tragedy, GIVEN THE DELITERIOUS IMPACT OF WESTERN IMPERIALISM

actually all of them are a tragedy, however I'm the only one who thinks so. unless everyone on your facebook posts about how they're crying when palestinian children die or how the indian government killed a bunch of farmers and then called them maoists every day. i'm the consistent one, at least most people have the excuse of ignorance.

i am the only one, the only consistent one, in a world of shit

babyhueypnewton posted:

Crow posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

getfiscal posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

Why did you almost cry?

let me get this right: discipline has the mentality of supporting racist massacre of innocent people abroad because she teared up when defenseless young children were massacred in the united states.

animedad posted:

bh for a marxist you sure get wrapped up in some chomsky level bullshit quite often

chomsky is 100% correct when he talks about american foreign policy, the american media and american hypocrisy.

babyhueypnewton posted:

wasted posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

You're right, the murder of twenty some odd kids isn't a tragedy, GIVEN THE DELITERIOUS IMPACT OF WESTERN IMPERIALISM

actually all of them are a tragedy, however I'm the only one who thinks so. unless everyone on your facebook posts about how they're crying when palestinian children die or how the indian government killed a bunch of farmers and then called them maoists every day. i'm the consistent one, at least most people have the excuse of ignorance.

okay so let me get this straight: discipline, who has lived in palestine for more than a year, and knows palestinians, and palestinian children, doesn't care about massacres of palestinians. you're the only one who does, though you seem to have no actual personal relation to anyone in palestine

bphn aka st boregustine of gibbo

babyhueypnewton posted:

over 900

Crow posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

Crow posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

getfiscal posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

Why did you almost cry?

let me get this right: discipline has the mentality of supporting racist massacre of innocent people abroad because she teared up when defenseless young children were massacred in the united states.

no, im sure discipline cries when Palestinian children are massacred by israel, which is better than most of America who cheer. unless you're different, my facebook wall is filled with people who are shedding tears and posting memorials of various levels of tastelessness, the same people who called for libya to be turned to glass when they killed an american ambassador or god forbid a fellow nerd/viletat. i'm just surprised to see tears from someone with an internationalist perspective on what is a small tragedy that isn't really anyone's fault beyond one crazy dude.

More kids die of imperialism than smoking and war in Vietnam every day
i have the same problem, but i also admit that i'm a sociopath

Crow posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

wasted posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

okay so let me get this straight: discipline, who has lived in palestine for more than a year, and knows palestinians, and palestinian children, doesn't care about massacres of palestinians. you're the only one who does, though you seem to have no actual personal relation to anyone in palestine

but isn't that the problem? the idea that we can only be affected by tragedies that are personal to us? this then begs the question, what makes white children in connecticut (sorry wrong tragedy) "personal" to us while kids in Afghanistan are not.

e: even obama cried, the man who won a nobel peace prize for killing people more efficiently than George bush.

Edited by babyhueypnewton ()

more kids die everyday from smoking weed than some war in syria but i'm the only one with the courage to stand up to barry "choom gang" obama with my twitter hashtags

AmericanNazbro posted:

more kids die everyday from smoking weed than some war in syria but i'm the only one with the courage to stand up to barry "choom gang" obama with my twitter hashtags

this actually happens, i have a few fb friends who live their lives around weed and all their political posts are about weed issues. they're not really hypocrites though, they just don't care at all about non-weed issues.

man up cryzone

babyhueypnewton posted:

animedad posted:

chomsky is 100% correct when he talks about american foreign policy, the american media and american hypocrisy.

My Facebook Wall and Other Observations About Universal Morality

AmericanNazbro posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

animedad posted:

'reality' lol

babyhueypnewton posted:

but isn't that the problem? the idea that we can only be affected by tragedies that are personal to us?

Why stop at space, why dont we dutifully mourn all infant death throughout time as well?

the philosophical and ethical implications of crocidle tears: or, how my sentiments are genuine- Written and edited by Babyhuey and Adam Smith

babyhueypnewton posted:

Crow posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

wasted posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

but isn't that the problem? the idea that we can only be affected by tragedies that are personal to us? this then begs the question, what makes white children in connecticut (sorry wrong tragedy) "personal" to us while kids in Afghanistan are not.

e: even obama cried, the man who won a nobel peace prize for killing people more efficiently than George bush.

no it isnt, it isnt the problem that people have emotional reactions to things that affect them personally, and do not align perfectly with a sociopathic ethical calculus of mourning the proper things. maybe you just dismiss the people and vote in a new one?

Ooh my mom died, big woop, she was a white bitch ho that didnt give a FUCK about afghanistan. Nuff said. *steps off podium*
Famous poster Buddha P Newtown, Communist and Mormon posthumous baptizer

Crow posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

Crow posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

wasted posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

no it isnt, it isnt the problem that people have emotional reactions to things that affect them personally, and do not align perfectly with a sociopathic ethical calculus of mourning the proper things. maybe you just dismiss the people and vote in a new one?

yeah I understand that people are affected by personal things, such as when a relative in the army dies or they knew someone who died during 9/11. i'm not going to judge those people for their personal feelings for political reasons. However when we're talking about people on the other side of the country that none of us have ever met and didn't even know existed until the media pasted their names everywhere, we do have to interrogate what it means to be "personally affected" by certain deaths over others. Especially when those personal reactions are used to criticize anti-imperialists who stand up to worship of the troops on the left, those who call out people's personal contributions to imperialism, those of us who criticize NGOs, aid organizations, and humanitarian imperialism.

I'm not saying that is the case in this instance, however I am saying that this is a case of selective outrage and we need to understand why, and how that selective outrage to those of us we feel are "closer" to us (based on geography, culture, race, religion, etc) is used for imperialist purposes, often to commit more murder and tragedy.

this is a case of selective outrage in relation to what? when is outrage ever nonselective? do i really need to list all the ways in which outrage is selective?

Crow posted:

this is a case of selective outrage in relation to what? when is outrage ever nonselective? do i really need to list all the ways in which outrage is selective?

for example, there was a similar incident in China the exact same day that I didn't even know about until this thread because the media and americans who are in tears about this incident didn't deem it worth of the front page, even as a comparison. there has been no mention of the continuing rise in the death toll in the Philippines, and when I tried to find out how many children had died, I discovered that no one had reported it, including English language news in the Philippines.

of course outrage is selective, in fact it is usually selective based on conscious or subconscious feelings about race. that no one cries when a bunch of children starve to death in Africa is selective, in that it is based on racist assumptions that death means less in Africa. how many school shootings have we had that don't get reported because it happened at a black majority school or the kids were poor?

i'm not accusing discipline of anything, just that these kind of thoughts are forbidden in any kind of forum except this one, because questioning someone's personal feelings in relation to larger issues of race, imperialism, and bias is a good way to get banned/defriended

i found out about the chinese children from facebook friends, who were upset about connecticut. i dont see the need to tear at common people's reactions to upsetting media narratives, it seems resentful and you'll find way more sympathizers if you focus on the way news channels milk this rather than on normal people who have personal reasons to feel bad about a horrific tragedy plastered everywhere in their lives.
i learned about chinese children from devendra banhart

hey bhpn GBS IS THAT WAY ahahahahahahha

Crow posted:

i found out about the chinese children from facebook friends, who were upset about connecticut. i dont see the need to tear at common people's reactions to upsetting media narratives, it seems resentful and you'll find way more sympathizers if you focus on the way news channels milk this rather than on normal people who have personal reasons to feel bad about a horrific tragedy plastered everywhere in their lives.

yeah im not like monkeysmashesheaven and post THEY WERE AMERIKKKAN IMPERIALISTS whenever anything bad happens in the USA, however this is the rhizzone where saying fail aids is acceptable and funny, if I cant rant about the implicit racism and 1st world chauvinism here I cant do it anywhere